Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Teaching at the Al Yasmina school, Abu Dhabi

Teaching at the Al Yasmina school, Abu Dhabi

Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teaching at the Al Yasmina school, Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by busybee2
did i say all no i think i said a few in the first and so was then referring to all of the the few in the second.
BB your posts mislead the readers, I read yr post that all the teachers had left. Thus readers on the forum will think that BSAK have lost their staff.

BB I think you give great input to this forum, some will disagree with me I am sure, and of course sometimes your posts have driven me mad, but in general I am glad you post what you post but sometimes yr use of words can mislead readers of the forum
Old Jan 10th 2009, 6:04 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

As one of the most straight forward, coherent posters on here, can I just say IMHO, Bbee is our resident Emo Poster yet to discover the amazing world of punctuation.............
Tis true Bbee provides a lot of information, about 65% of which is de facto, still current and can be relied upon.Again imho.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Eva;7147541]As one of the most straight forward, coherent posters on here, can I just say IMHO, Bbee is our resident Emo Poster yet to discover the amazing world of punctuation.............

tickled me pink
Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

oooh the p word, well whats that yes i could put in some but am too lazy.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
i dont know the pay of teachers, as the ex-bsak teachers THAT moved to pearl/yasmina i believe they mostly got a promotion etc. the only prob with any job in this region at the moment, is whether as a wage (whether you add together allowances or lump sum) you have enough to cover the cost of housing, teachers usually get accommodation provided which i am sure is the case, so you can take that out of the factor, that is the real sticking point here at the moment, but the rents should be coming down but who knows when, i have heard that they have started a little so hopefully it will long continue, and go back down to a reasonable level such as a couple of years ago and everyone was happy.
there go edited
Old Jan 10th 2009, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

Hi as bb2 said....i tranfered my 2 from BSAK to YAS and have not looked back....(yr7/9)it is a fab school and all the teachers there are really nice ...the majority live in flats in the TCA AREA and have a school bus ....they all seem very happy at the school ....good luck
Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

tentativeadventurer is an unknown quantity at this point

so what's the British school like for staff?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

andrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by girlabouttown
My daughter is at Yasmina and my son will start in September. In my opinion it is an excellent school and far better than the vast majority of state schools in the UK.

It has fabulous facilities and my daughter's teacher is fantastic. The only slight downside is class size - up to 22 in the junior school - but I believe that is normal in the UAE (and of course in the state sector in the UK).

Good luck
You'll find a class size of 30 in UK state schools the rule rather than the exception.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

wondering1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just want to say thank you to you all, I have been offered a post and have accepted!!! Will be arriving late August!
Old Feb 13th 2009, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

where is your accommodation?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:32 am
Just Joined

smackervoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wondering1
I have a job interview for the school next week and, having spoken to some friends who used to teach in the UAE, am receiving mixed messages bout teaching in Abu Dhabi as it seems to vary immensely from school to school. Does anybody have any information regarding the school , especially anyone who teaches there as i do feel like i'm going into the interview rather blind, i do not even know the wage or year group the post is for!! Thank you.
Hi Wondring

I have an interview for this School Al Yasmina next week
Wht do you teach and did u get the job?
Stevie
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

MrsBB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wondering1
Just want to say thank you to you all, I have been offered a post and have accepted!!! Will be arriving late August!
Hi wondering1 congrats on the job! I have an interview for the school on Tuesday (a bit late I guess?!) If you dont mind me asking what is your package and where is your accommodation?
Old Apr 15th 2009, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smackervoy
Hi Wondring

I have an interview for this School Al Yasmina next week
Wht do you teach and did u get the job?
Stevie
Hope it is not as an English teacher...
Old Apr 16th 2009, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

smackervoy is an unknown quantity at this point

no as a Science Teacher, I got the job and start in September
Does anyone know what the accomodation is like and what packages etc
steve
Old Apr 13th 2010, 8:36 am
Just Joined

sucre marron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I will also be starting at Al Yasmina come September. Will you be living in the TCA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.