Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

UK qualified Electricians working in Australia

UK qualified Electricians working in Australia

Old Nov 15th 2008, 5:41 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default Re: UK qualified Electricians working in Australia

Originally Posted by witchypoo
Hi Steve, wonder if you could give us some much needed advice please. oh qualified electrician 16th edition, we have applied for a 175 may 08, obviously still waiting, but in the meantime want to get things sorted for when we arrive in Perth. We know he'll need a licence, but can you run through what we need to do, as he'll need to start work asap once we get there. Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.
Did you get the 175 on his sparky skills?

If so you will alreadyhave been assessed by one of the bodies and then you'll need to get him reconised by the ARTC and then once succesfull there you need to enroll for the PEER course and take a trip to Adilaide for a few days get that wiring regs stuff out the way and get the Licensce off them while your down there which is now valid in all states.

Sounds easy dunnit??

Sift through the rest of the threads on this section of the Forum and you will see what a pain in the arse mine field it really is.

But can only be a good thing in my eyes and may keep some of the sh1t off the tools when sparking in OZ.

HTH and sorry to butt in on Steves question but i,m sure he will be along shortly or another to offer some advice also.

Regards

DOugie
Old Nov 15th 2008, 6:08 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve, wonder if you could give us some much needed advice please. oh qualified electrician 16th edition, we have applied for a 175 may 08, obviously still waiting, but in the meantime want to get things sorted for when we arrive in Perth. We know he'll need a licence, but can you run through what we need to do, as he'll need to start work asap once we get there. Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.
firstly are you going on OH`s 175 visa or your own ??
i`m trying to find out if your OH has already been assessed by vettesses or the tra ??
Old Nov 16th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

witchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nice

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Did you get the 175 on his sparky skills?

If so you will alreadyhave been assessed by one of the bodies and then you'll need to get him reconised by the ARTC and then once succesfull there you need to enroll for the PEER course and take a trip to Adilaide for a few days get that wiring regs stuff out the way and get the Licensce off them while your down there which is now valid in all states.

Sounds easy dunnit??

Sift through the rest of the threads on this section of the Forum and you will see what a pain in the arse mine field it really is.

But can only be a good thing in my eyes and may keep some of the sh1t off the tools when sparking in OZ.

HTH and sorry to butt in on Steves question but i,m sure he will be along shortly or another to offer some advice also.

Regards

DOugie
Hi Dougie, thanks for that, we have applied for 175 on oh sparky skills, he has been assessed, so how does he get recognised by ARTC, can we do that from uk, or do we have to wait till we get there? Also is Adelaide the only place that does the wiring regs stuff? sorry to be a pain but total novices regarding this! We totally agree about sorting the good from the bad, it will be worth any hassle. Many thanks again for all advice.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

witchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nicewitchypoo is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve`o
firstly are you going on OH`s 175 visa or your own ??
i`m trying to find out if your OH has already been assessed by vettesses or the tra ??
Hi steve, OH has already been assessed by vettesses. Any advice as to what to do next would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 4:25 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi steve, OH has already been assessed by vettesses. Any advice as to what to do next would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
if youve gone via vettesses you dont need an artc
the cert that vettesses suppply is an equivalent

now the fastest way to get licenced is to go to peer.com.au in adelaide
use the website for contact details only as it is shite
call peer and book in for iether the course via correspondance with an exam once youve worked your way through it of the full three week course and exam,

do a quick search on here re peer as several memebers has used this route and have posted much more detail

regards steve
Old Nov 16th 2008, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

if youve gone via vettesses you dont need an artc
the cert that vettesses suppply is an equivalent

now the fastest way to get licenced is to go to peer.com.au in adelaide
use the website for contact details only as it is shite
call peer and book in for iether the course via correspondance with an exam once youve worked your way through it of the full three week course and exam,

do a quick search on here re peer as several memebers has used this route and have posted much more detail

regards steve

Hi Steve, thank you so much for the info, thats cleared that up for us.
I'll have a look through the threads re peer as to costs ect.
Thanks again
Old Nov 17th 2008, 3:08 am
Just Joined

Hughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to allHughmorriss is a name known to all

Hi Witchypoo
Having just gone through the Adelaide route and got my license in the last month, I'm pretty sure I will be able to help you out.
Drop me a mail or pm, and I will get back to you with any info you may require.

Dave
Old Nov 17th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hughmorriss
Hi Witchypoo
Having just gone through the Adelaide route and got my license in the last month, I'm pretty sure I will be able to help you out.
Drop me a mail or pm, and I will get back to you with any info you may require.

Dave
Hi Dave, Thats really kind of you, dont know how to pm yet, not needed to until now. you've probably gathered not got visa yet, but want to hit the ground running. Perhaps you will let me know what to do first. thanks again.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Hi Dave, Thats really kind of you, dont know how to pm yet, not needed to until now. you've probably gathered not got visa yet, but want to hit the ground running. Perhaps you will let me know what to do first. thanks again.
hey witchypoo,

i am over in perthat the moment doing my licence through the local TAFE,

if you need any advice feel too contact me or read through this

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=537976

good luck

doc
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

martin_p is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, i am wanting to visit Oz on a working visa, i am a 22 year old qualified electrician, am i going to need to get more qualifications once i get out there to be able to work. i am planning on going to perth.

can anybody help and advise me

thanks
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

Hope your all ok!

Can you tell me, do you use 110v power tools on sites and is the electrical test equipment the same as uk? I have a fluke multi tester and wondered if it was worth bringing, and can I get it calibrated there?
Sorry to be a pain, its all these little things that you dont think about until it comes to the crunch.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 2:42 am
Worongary

Hi all,

Hope your all ok!

Can you tell me, do you use 110v power tools on sites and is the electrical test equipment the same as uk? I have a fluke multi tester and wondered if it was worth bringing, and can I get it calibrated there?
Sorry to be a pain, its all these little things that you dont think about until it comes to the crunch.

Thanks for any advice.
dont bother with the 110v stuff they wont allow it on most sites
as its all 240v on site
the short sighted ignorant tosspots believe that rcds can save the world
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

dont bother with the 110v stuff they wont allow it on most sites
as its all 240v on site
the short sighted ignorant tosspots believe that rcds can save the world
Ok Steve thanks, what about the tester? Do you want to buy any 110v power tools lol!!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:31 pm
Dark side the moon

craigyjac is just really nicecraigyjac is just really nicecraigyjac is just really nicecraigyjac is just really nicecraigyjac is just really nicecraigyjac is just really nicecraigyjac is just really nicecraigyjac is just really nice

Hi all,
Im craig and 31 years old and loving the Celtic.
new to the forum.
Was wondering if anyone can give me a simple(ish) answer.
Myself and the soon-to-be-wife, are looking to start proceedings, to move to Queensland.
Now, i am 18months away from finishing my apprenticeship as a spark.
am i eligible to work here and finish college over here? or must i be qualified before i arrive?
I have read/heard so many contrasting stories, that i dont know what to believe.
The immigration website that i applied to, said that it was likely that i would get a visa but as i say, i really am unsure.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:38 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by craigyjac
Hi all,
Im craig and 31 years old and loving the Celtic.
new to the forum.
Was wondering if anyone can give me a simple(ish) answer.
Myself and the soon-to-be-wife, are looking to start proceedings, to move to Queensland.
Now, i am 18months away from finishing my apprenticeship as a spark.
am i eligible to work here and finish college over here? or must i be qualified before i arrive?
I have read/heard so many contrasting stories, that i dont know what to believe.
The immigration website that i applied to, said that it was likely that i would get a visa but as i say, i really am unsure.
sorry mate but your not going to get a skilled visa before youve finished your apprentiship and have 12 months experiance as a qualifed spark, as a matter of intrest which immigration webite said that it was possible ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.