Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Environmental Health Officers that have emigrated from England

Environmental Health Officers that have emigrated from England

Old Aug 6th 2006, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

stuart & serena is a name known to allstuart & serena is a name known to allstuart & serena is a name known to allstuart & serena is a name known to allstuart & serena is a name known to allstuart & serena is a name known to allstuart & serena is a name known to allstuart & serena is a name known to allstuart & serena is a name known to allstuart & serena is a name known to allstuart & serena is a name known to all
Default Environmental Health Officers that have emigrated from England

Hi,

Are there any Environmental Health Officers from England that have emigrated abroad to either America, Australia or Canada.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 4:45 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Environmental Health Officers that have emigrated from England

Originally Posted by stuart & serena
Hi,

Are there any Environmental Health Officers from England that have emigrated abroad to either America, Australia or Canada.
Yes, "RabC" and his wife are environmental health officers from the UK who are now env health officers in Townsville, Australia.

If I remember correctly, they had telephone interviews and their jobs lined up before they left the UK.

Do a search in the Australia and Immigration forums under their user name.

Gina
Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: Environmental Health Officers that have emigrated from England

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Yes, "RabC" and his wife are environmental health officers from the UK who are now env health officers in Townsville, Australia.

If I remember correctly, they had telephone interviews and their jobs lined up before they left the UK.

Do a search in the Australia and Immigration forums under their user name.

Gina

That's us, if you need any specific information drop me a PM. There are tons of jobs for EHOs here in north Queensland.

Rob
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Euroanchor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rabc
That's us, if you need any specific information drop me a PM. There are tons of jobs for EHOs here in north Queensland.

Rob
Hi Rab, no pm for a minute ,but just picking your brains. I own/run a plastic recycling business in the uk, and we ( as in the wife and I ) are considering migrating to Australia, however, nowhere can I find any mention of recycling plants etc, that I would be able to approach regarding employment.

Is Recycling a big business in Australia, or should I look else where for employment
Old Sep 9th 2006, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Euroanchor
Hi Rab, no pm for a minute ,but just picking your brains. I own/run a plastic recycling business in the uk, and we ( as in the wife and I ) are considering migrating to Australia, however, nowhere can I find any mention of recycling plants etc, that I would be able to approach regarding employment.

Is Recycling a big business in Australia, or should I look else where for employment

Recylcing is big here in Queensland as is waste management. This would be a good place to start, they deal with all our (Townsville City Council) recycling.

http://www.visy.com.au/divisions/index.aspx?did=1
Old Sep 24th 2006, 11:27 am
Just Joined

ElZilcho is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Im from Melbourne and actually thinking of heading the other way when i graduate... Doing a 4 year degree (3 years + 1 of work placement). What would the prospects be like for an Australian trying to secure an EHO position in the UK? How does the pay compare?

Cheers,

Shaun
Old Sep 25th 2006, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ElZilcho
Hi Guys,

Im from Melbourne and actually thinking of heading the other way when i graduate... Doing a 4 year degree (3 years + 1 of work placement). What would the prospects be like for an Australian trying to secure an EHO position in the UK? How does the pay compare?

Cheers,

Shaun
Hi Shaun, the thing you have to remember with being an EHO in the UK is there will be a lot of stuff that you won't have been used to dealing with such as the enforcement of occupational health and safety, private sector housing, far more involved food legislation, different nuisance priorities etc etc. The consequency of this is that your Australian qualifications wont allow you to directly swap and do all the work. In order to be a registered EHO (the EHO registration board - part of the CIEH) you will have to undertake practical training and complete sections (not all in all probability) of the CIEH logbook and sit professional exams. Get in touch with Osbourne Richardson who are by far the biggest staffing agency in UK Env Health and they will set you straight. They provide work for all levels of qualification and experience. As for getting a job - no problem. There is just as big a shortage there as here! Money - starts around GBP27K ($67K) upto GBP50K ($125K) for a Management job in a city Council.

Best of Luck and welcome to the profession.

Rob