Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sky Tv In Spain

Sky Tv In Spain

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

the boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sky Tv In Spain

Originally Posted by jdr
Advertise your services on Marketplace only...........

deja vu JDR!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

hodgod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gill Stevens
We are being told and are reading different info re using Sky boxes in Spain. We have Sky+ here and would like to take that with us. I have seen the normal Sky boxes on sale in Spain, but not Sky+ yet. I know you are not supposed to have Sky boxes in Spain but if you have an address for post to go to in the UK and an English bank account is that then ok?

The other thing is that you have to have Sky linked up to your phone line in this country. Presumably the same would apply in Spain and would Sky know where you were then and if you didn't have it linked to a phone line would they stop your service?

I aint going if I cannot have all my Sky channels (except Sky sports)!!!! - sad isn't it?

Would be grateful for info from anyone living out there who is using the Sky service.

I've just installed a whole new system in Granada and it has cost me 650€
it works fine.
And as for legal matters I've been told that im not tbreaking any Spanish laws so i'll sleep easy tonight
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:52 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hodgod
I've just installed a whole new system in Granada and it has cost me 650€
it works fine.
And as for legal matters I've been told that im not tbreaking any Spanish laws so i'll sleep easy tonight
Its the British law you are contravening
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Pops is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Whether a Sky digibox works or not does not necessarily depend on it being connected to a telephone line and If you are only using it for FTA channels it doesn't need to be connected to a telephone anyway.

There is nothing specific that you need to do to make a digibox work in Spain but the dish does need to be much bigger and properly aligned.

You don't give the model of the digibox. Some have more sensitive tuners than others. The Panasonic TUDSB 30 is best for fringe areas although it has become less reliable since the last software update. The later Panasonics have less sensitive tuners.

What happens when you plug it in to your friend's dish. Does it start off saying 'searching for listings' then say 'no satellite signal being received' or does it not do anything at all?

If it results in the 'no signal' message try going to channel 101 or pressing the 'channel up' button twice because all digiboxes default to channel 998 when they are first powered up and as it is a fairly weak channel it may not be possible for the digibox to receive it.
Thanks for the reply, I will have to confirm the actual model number. The message is "No signal being received" the friend in the same complex in Spain who's feed we are testing on gets all FTA ours, nothing! when I connect the receiver to my dish in the UK we receive everything?

Pops
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Whether a Sky digibox works or not does not necessarily depend on it being connected to a telephone line and If you are only using it for FTA channels it doesn't need to be connected to a telephone anyway.

There is nothing specific that you need to do to make a digibox work in Spain but the dish does need to be much bigger and properly aligned.

You don't give the model of the digibox. Some have more sensitive tuners than others. The Panasonic TUDSB 30 is best for fringe areas although it has become less reliable since the last software update. The later Panasonics have less sensitive tuners.

What happens when you plug it in to your friend's dish. Does it start off saying 'searching for listings' then say 'no satellite signal being received' or does it not do anything at all?

If it results in the 'no signal' message try going to channel 101 or pressing the 'channel up' button twice because all digiboxes default to channel 998 when they are first powered up and as it is a fairly weak channel it may not be possible for the digibox to receive it.
Beachcomber

The model number is TU-DSB30, don't know the software version.

Thanks

Pops
Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

The TU DSB 30 is an excellent receiver but it has had some difficulty coping with the last software upgrade which can cause it to lock up if you change channels too rapidly. But this should have nothing to do with your problem

I take it your friend's feed is from a communal dish. If this is the case I think there is something in the LNB set-up that you have to change.

However, before changing anything is there any chance you could try it on an individual dish.

You could try what I am about to tell you but if you do the wrong thing you could mess up the box so you may want to check with a properly qualified installer.

Press SERVICES 4-0-1 SELECT to access the installer set up.

You will see a menu with six options and Nº1 LNB SETUP will be highlighted.

Press SELECT again and press the down button to highlight LNB POWER SUPPLY. It will be ON by default - change it to OFF.

Scroll down to SAVE NEW SETTINGS and press SELECT.

Note that these instructions only apply if you are trying to operate your receiver from a communal dish. DO NOT change anything else in the installer menu and if you have any doubt call an engineer.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

The TU DSB 30 is an excellent receiver but it has had some difficulty coping with the last software upgrade which can cause it to lock up if you change channels too rapidly. But this should have nothing to do with your problem

I take it your friend's feed is from a communal dish. If this is the case I think there is something in the LNB set-up that you have to change.

However, before changing anything is there any chance you could try it on an individual dish.

You could try what I am about to tell you but if you do the wrong thing you could mess up the box so you may want to check with a properly qualified installer.

Press SERVICES 4-0-1 SELECT to access the installer set up.

You will see a menu with six options and Nº1 LNB SETUP will be highlighted.

Press SELECT again and press the down button to highlight LNB POWER SUPPLY. It will be ON by default - change it to OFF.

Scroll down to SAVE NEW SETTINGS and press SELECT.

Note that these instructions only apply if you are trying to operate your receiver from a communal dish. DO NOT change anything else in the installer menu and if you have any doubt call an engineer.
Thanks once again for your assistance, at the moment the receiver is back in the UK so are unable to test but will update you as soon as possible

Best regards

Pops