Al Khobar

Old Dec 24th 2010, 3:57 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Khobar

Originally Posted by holliday
Commuting from Bahrain on a daily basis in my humble opinion is difficult. The reason for this is that whilst most of the time it is a 50 minute journey, there are days when it is 3 or 4 hours, and the problem is that you never know when this is going to happen. My recommendation is to find a single person apartment here in Al Khobar and then go to Bahrain on a weekend if necessary.

There is a good network of Brits over here, and as everyone is in the same boat, just go up to them and get chatting and you will probably find people going off raod desert trekking etc
I've done the commute for about a year and the only time it has taken me more than 1.5 hour is in the run-up to Ramadan (when every Saudi seems to want to go across the bridge to blow off steam or go to the airport as the airport in Dammam is rubbish). It has taken me 3 hours once in this whole period and that was the last day before Ramadan.

By the way I would rather spend some extra time in the car every day than live in Saudi. Actually if I had to live in Saudi I wouldn't work there! Not on my current salary anyway...
Old Jan 4th 2011, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Nick656 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Al Khobar

Send the details mate. That would be great.
Nick

Originally Posted by yrsammit
I was recently transferred from Riyadh to Khobar. So far I haven't managed to find the social scene here. I don't really know anyone except my colleagues who aren't much for adventure or getting out. If anyone wants to be friends with a fun young American guy, or if you're aware of any social events or clubs I could have access to, please shoot me a message!

Also, this is a long shot, but if you happen to be in need of a DJ for a party, I work for free

Sorry, forgot to mention: I live in a single unit on a small compound and I'm pretty sure there are rooms available. I have no idea what the prices are like, but I can get you some contact info if you're interested. The compound isn't very lively but the rooms are nice enough. It's called Al-Falak.