medical

Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

greensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nice
Smile medical

Hi everyone, all this tak of medicals on here today has got me worried again, now I have aranged an apt with a doctor for the 16th november, I was told by his office to have a mmr, chest xray, bloodtests, Tdp, which I had done through the military hospital today, then on my apt day the doc would do a physical,($55) and then he would fill out the forms for me to summit along with my AOS, now on here today im hereing about other shots do I have anything missing from list above? thanks in advance
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:21 pm
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of
Default Re: medical

Originally Posted by greensparkle
on here today im hereing about other shots do I have anything missing from list above? thanks in advance

Regarding your vaccinations, you would either need to get them done by the doc, or at least be able to prove that you have had them done in the past when you were younger. Apart from that I think you are in good shape.

~Sean~
Old Oct 20th 2005, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

greensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nicegreensparkle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Seanus
Regarding your vaccinations, you would either need to get them done by the doc, or at least be able to prove that you have had them done in the past when you were younger. Apart from that I think you are in good shape.

~Sean~
thx seanus, I was just wondering if you haveto have the hepetitus shots as part of the immigration medical as ive seen it posted on the forum but the immigration doctor I will be using never mentioned this to me
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:29 pm
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

thx seanus, I was just wondering if you haveto have the hepetitus shots as part of the immigration medical as ive seen it posted on the forum but the immigration doctor I will be using never mentioned this to me

I haven't had my medical done yet myself, so I am not 100% positive on that. My guess is that if the civil surgeon is happy that you have had all your vaccinations done either by him or in your earlier years then you will be issued the vaccination suppliment confirming that all the required vaccinations are up-to-date, which would incl the hepetitus shot ( or maybe you don't need that)
*This is only my assumption of what might occur*
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

The medical is easy - people get way too stressed out. I brought along the thing I got in kindergarten or whatever saying I had my shots. The doctor looked at it.. said "you're from Canada? Or Europe?" I said yeah, Canada... he said "okay then you definately have had everything you need, you would have had to get it by the time you went to school", and checked everything off, and listened to my lungs. The only thing he actually gave me was a skin test for TB, and HIV/syphillis (sp??) tests, told me to come back in two days to pick up the completed forms in an envelope. No big deal. Just bring any proof of any vaccinations you've had, and they'll give you the rest, or tell you what else you need. You can get any additional vaccinations done anywhere, as long as you have proof of it to show the civil surgeon so they can fill out the form.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andrea874
The medical is easy - people get way too stressed out. I brought along the thing I got in kindergarten or whatever saying I had my shots. The doctor looked at it.. said "you're from Canada? Or Europe?" I said yeah, Canada... he said "okay then you definately have had everything you need, you would have had to get it by the time you went to school", and checked everything off, and listened to my lungs. The only thing he actually gave me was a skin test for TB, and HIV/syphillis (sp??) tests, told me to come back in two days to pick up the completed forms in an envelope. No big deal. Just bring any proof of any vaccinations you've had, and they'll give you the rest, or tell you what else you need. You can get any additional vaccinations done anywhere, as long as you have proof of it to show the civil surgeon so they can fill out the form.
thx andrea, I was just abit concerned because the first person I spoke with at the docs office told me one thing and the next time I called I was told another,I had a chest xray, because in england as a child we are given the BCG jab and this can cause a positve reaction in a skin tb test, even though through out my first marriage to my hubby, I had had about 5 skin tb tests becausre he is in the military and I would have to have one each time we moved, I never had a positive reaction, lol, well ive got it all together now, im just waiting for blood tests to come back and I have an apt with the cival surgeon on the 16th november, then I can finally send off my AOS, If what ive written above is confusing, I was married to my husband before and divorced then us 2 remarried each other, thats my fairy tale, I have held a greencard before but went back to my homeland england and lost it as I was out the country for to long, so here goes the progress again, looking at your time frame you got your quick huh, takecare
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

thx andrea, I was just abit concerned because the first person I spoke with at the docs office told me one thing and the next time I called I was told another,I had a chest xray, because in england as a child we are given the BCG jab and this can cause a positve reaction in a skin tb test, even though through out my first marriage to my hubby, I had had about 5 skin tb tests becausre he is in the military and I would have to have one each time we moved, I never had a positive reaction, lol, well ive got it all together now, im just waiting for blood tests to come back and I have an apt with the cival surgeon on the 16th november, then I can finally send off my AOS, If what ive written above is confusing, I was married to my husband before and divorced then us 2 remarried each other, thats my fairy tale, I have held a greencard before but went back to my homeland england and lost it as I was out the country for to long, so here goes the progress again, looking at your time frame you got your quick huh, takecare
Yeah I was lucky enough to get in on a pilot program they did shortly in NYC where they processed people in less than 3 months.

In any case. I'm sure you'll be fine - sounds like you have everything straight
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

Bellepaul will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by andrea874
Yeah I was lucky enough to get in on a pilot program they did shortly in NYC where they processed people in less than 3 months.

In any case. I'm sure you'll be fine - sounds like you have everything straight

Hi
I am new to the site and have been looking for people who have had the medical. I have just married an American, we are trying to get my green card but I am a little worried about the medical exam. My friend who also got married to an American told me that she is going to have to have a smear test, is this true?

Thank you for your help

Belle
Old Nov 10th 2005, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bellepaul
Hi
I am new to the site and have been looking for people who have had the medical. I have just married an American, we are trying to get my green card but I am a little worried about the medical exam. My friend who also got married to an American told me that she is going to have to have a smear test, is this true?

Thank you for your help

Belle
well I havent had my medical yet, but I havent been informed of anything like that, why would they need to do a smear test, I would post a new post in this forum as there are plenty of people on here who will help you, congrats on the marriage, where you from?
Old Nov 10th 2005, 10:13 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellepaul
My friend who also got married to an American told me that she is going to have to have a smear test, is this true?
Belle,
A lot of women have a smear (PAP) test; what does that have to do with immigration?
At any rate, a Pap test is not normally a part of an immigration medical check, but if it were, would that be a problem? It is recommended that women have a smear test each year (or less, by your health care provider's recommendation).
Don't worry over the medical; it's not as invasive as you might imagine.