Hi Am Orm haha

Old Aug 14th 2008, 1:49 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Hi Am Orm haha

And very pleased to be here I was a little worried whether we was doing the right thing in coming back, but thankfully it was.

We have all slipped are old slippers back on and now are comfy/relaxed and smiling.

The kids are back to their old selves out enjoying life with their old mates. Hubbies back doing his thing and getting dble the money and treble the benefits and being patted on the back for a job well done,, rather then being treated like some thing best kept under foot.......so he's happy. And i'm "Well" obviously happy cos they are......and the strangest thing happens every time i walk out of the door People stop and chat!!!! The cheek of it

So i have had to learn how to chat back....all over again, which i think is quite sad............in the sense that i had lost the knack in just over 1 yr of being in Canada........ Mmmm and when someone asks you how you are ( the strangest thing happens) haha they stop and wait for an answer........which also stumped me at first, i'd got used to people walking off

Ohh and gregs pasties are just as good as i remembered, in fact its an absolute pleasure to go food shopping again, and know your going to enjoy!!!

People here are all saying how its all gone up, but compared to what we was spending in Canada, it all seems cheap to us........ but then we have dbl the money coming in now.

We had afew probs on landing at Manchester, retrieving my 3 cats.........And it was all down to the fact, the vets in Canada had given my cats the wrong tick treatment. Defra insist on frontline and Canada doesn't have it, so they gave my cats Resolution, which is Ok for dogs, but apparently not for cats and they were not happy about it, on landing......they did however release them, so it ended well.
So thats us
Old Aug 14th 2008, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Am Orm haha

Great stuff, I love happy endings.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 12:11 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff!! Lovely to hear from you, get in touch by email!!
Old Aug 15th 2008, 1:04 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Marvellous...

Glad you are all happy, way to go!
Old Aug 15th 2008, 1:56 am
Just Joined

micheller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sans
And very pleased to be here I was a little worried whether we was doing the right thing in coming back, but thankfully it was.

We have all slipped are old slippers back on and now are comfy/relaxed and smiling.

The kids are back to their old selves out enjoying life with their old mates. Hubbies back doing his thing and getting dble the money and treble the benefits and being patted on the back for a job well done,, rather then being treated like some thing best kept under foot.......so he's happy. And i'm "Well" obviously happy cos they are......and the strangest thing happens every time i walk out of the door People stop and chat!!!! The cheek of it

So i have had to learn how to chat back....all over again, which i think is quite sad............in the sense that i had lost the knack in just over 1 yr of being in Canada........ Mmmm and when someone asks you how you are ( the strangest thing happens) haha they stop and wait for an answer........which also stumped me at first, i'd got used to people walking off

Ohh and gregs pasties are just as good as i remembered, in fact its an absolute pleasure to go food shopping again, and know your going to enjoy!!!

People here are all saying how its all gone up, but compared to what we was spending in Canada, it all seems cheap to us........ but then we have dbl the money coming in now.

We had afew probs on landing at Manchester, retrieving my 3 cats.........And it was all down to the fact, the vets in Canada had given my cats the wrong tick treatment. Defra insist on frontline and Canada doesn't have it, so they gave my cats Resolution, which is Ok for dogs, but apparently not for cats and they were not happy about it, on landing......they did however release them, so it ended well.
So thats us
LOL@ when people ask you how you are, they stop and wait for an answer!!!! Gosh, when I move back to UK from the USA I'm going to be shocked about that too!

Well happy about hubby getting a job and benefits and a pat on the back...
In Canada is it like the States where you only get like 1 week's holiday or 2 if you're lucky out of the year? If so, I bet he's well happy with the 20 or 25 days hols you get in the UK.

I'm very happy for you all!

Michelle
Old Aug 15th 2008, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

So thats us
really chuffed for you all and long my it continue.....Greggs pasties....oh cannot wait....meat and potatoe!!!!!! eating it walking around looking at the shops....getting crumbs all down your top.......bliss...well small things..etc
Good luck and all the best
Jackie
Old Aug 15th 2008, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm and when someone asks you how you are ( the strangest thing happens) haha they stop and wait for an answer........which also stumped me at first, i'd got used to people walking off
That made me laugh I know exactly what you mean.

Glad to here you're enjoying being back
Old Aug 15th 2008, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Australia they sometimes stop and wait for an answer too, but the answer HAS TO BE "good".

So the conversation ALWAYS has to go
"How are you?"
"Good thanks!"
"That's good!"

and that is the END of it, if you dare to try to say anything else they either completely ignore you, change the topic, talk to someone else, or just give you a dumb look!
Old Aug 15th 2008, 3:28 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingbat
Great stuff!! Lovely to hear from you, get in touch by email!!
Guess what!!! Haha i've had chips/scrapes and curry Mmm and chips proper mushy peas scrapes and gravy And Lincolnshire and cumberland sausage, the best ever creamy mash and onion gravy hehe you dribbling yet???
I might just email you some piccies Just to whined you up........til you get off your backside and get "ORM"
Old Aug 15th 2008, 3:33 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
That made me laugh I know exactly what you mean.

Glad to here you're enjoying being back
Thanks Elaine Hows it going for you ?
Not heard about my shipment yet, almost 7 wks now, you had any news ?
Old Aug 15th 2008, 3:45 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by brits1
really chuffed for you all and long my it continue.....Greggs pasties....oh cannot wait....meat and potatoe!!!!!! eating it walking around looking at the shops....getting crumbs all down your top.......bliss...well small things..etc
Good luck and all the best
Jackie
AWE!! You'll be here soon
bless!!! bit more of a mouth full now They have change the shape of the cornish pasties at greggs, more rounded like the original pasty
Old Aug 15th 2008, 3:50 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by backagen
Here in Australia they sometimes stop and wait for an answer too, but the answer HAS TO BE "good".

So the conversation ALWAYS has to go
"How are you?"
"Good thanks!"
"That's good!"

and that is the END of it, if you dare to try to say anything else they either completely ignore you, change the topic, talk to someone else, or just give you a dumb look!
They do all that their too..... providing of course you can get someone to acknowledge you in the first place ..........Breed apart us brits
Old Aug 15th 2008, 4:02 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Post Re: Hi Am Orm haha

Originally Posted by micheller
LOL@ when people ask you how you are, they stop and wait for an answer!!!! Gosh, when I move back to UK from the USA I'm going to be shocked about that too!

Well happy about hubby getting a job and benefits and a pat on the back...
In Canada is it like the States where you only get like 1 week's holiday or 2 if you're lucky out of the year? If so, I bet he's well happy with the 20 or 25 days hols you get in the UK.

I'm very happy for you all!

Michelle
Yes 1 or 2 wks........here he get 5 wks and bank holidays. Very different attitude to the Uk, here if you are a grafter and work hard you reap the benefits as a rule.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 7:05 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by manc1
Great stuff, I love happy endings.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 7:10 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Marvellous...

Glad you are all happy, way to go!
Thankyou.......Not sure what happened, but we all feel happier now we are back, then we was before we left the Uk.
Maybe its just lessons learned

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.