About "voluntary Departure"

Old Oct 17th 2003, 2:15 am
Just Joined

correctinjustic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default About "voluntary Departure"

http://www.landofthefree.blogspot.com/

On 06 October 2003 my fiancé, a German citizen, was handcuffed and taken to jail (Kennesaw Jail 770-422-2505) while coming to the United States to visit me. She flew from Stuttgart Germany on Delta Airlines and landed at Hartsfield International Airport in Atlanta Georgia. She was visiting me on a six-month tourist visa issued at the American Consulate in Frankfurt, Germany.

One man, Barry Carter (404-763-7816 x147), caused this to happen. He states that he believes she was trying to take up residence in the United States even though she has proof of primary domicile in Germany and proved that fact to two US Consular Officers in Germany before being issued her visa. Mr. Carter was not interested in the evidence provided.

My fiancé Beate happens to have brown skin, she appears on my Government TS SCI security clearance and does not exist in any computer system or database that would deem her a threat in any way shape or form to national security.

In fact Mr. Carter admits the only reason she was jailed and put back on the airplane to Germany forcefully is because he thinks she is trying to take up residence here in the United States. This argument is spurious. First of all she has a track record of visiting me here legally never over staying a visa. Attempting to establish residency would provide no benefit to Beate as we are getting married in June, 2004 at the church in her hometown in Germany with family and friends (this was stated on all immigration paper work and was re-stated to Mr. Carter) and so has no need for residency because when we get married in Germany I will fill out all of the proper paper work and bring her to the United States as my wife; if indeed we decided to live here.

My fiancé was granted her tourist visa after two interviews and filling out paper work that stated we were engaged and will be getting married on June 5, 2004. The Consular Officers at the US Consulate in Frankfurt asked her about this, about me, about her Masters degree that she is currently doing via correspondence and was satisfied with all of her answers and evidence. However Mr. Carter for an unknown reason singularly decided that the evidence that was good enough for two career United States Diplomats was not good enough for him.

Barry Carter would tell you that this situation was passed through a supervisory level review--which means the paper work that he filled out, and his opinions where given to a first line supervisor. That supervisor did not interview my fiancé, he or she did not call me or a member of my or her family to verify anything, he or she took a single source of information that was obviously skewed (whether by racism, pride, paranoia, or just plain ignorance) and approved the incarceration and forced departure of my fiancé. Throughout this entire situation no law was broken and no threat or security risk was present.

During the first 3 hours of interrogation Berry Carter got on the World Wide Web and looked up Beate’s AMAZON.COM account and inspected her WISH LIST. Can anyone tell me that this guy was not looking for a reason to justify his wrong and unjust actions? I wonder if she had had a library card on her if he would have called the library and checked out which books she had been reading for the last sixty days?

The Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (BICE), an organization of the Department of Homeland Security, has in one, possibly racist, swoop changed my fiancé’s life and damaged her credibility in the records of the US Government--not to mention possibly my career and life.

The ironic fact here is that Beate, my fiancé who committed no crime and presented no threat, was handcuffed with criminals who had committed passport and visa fraud. Some had been arrested many times before, some were wanted criminals and some had a fake or stolen Social Security card. The criminals were given the right to a lawyer; my fiancé was denied counsel because she had not committed any crime. She found herself in legal limbo; being accused of nothing criminal, but being treated in the same manner as one.

My entire life has been in service to this great nation. At the end of second grade I left the United States of America on a diplomatic mission. My father was assigned as a diplomat to a foreign post for almost five years.

When I was 16 years old my family and I once again departed our home land to represent the policies and democracy of the United States in a diplomatic mission overseas.

I entered Military service in 1996 and served four years as an Analyst on the front lines of Saudi Arabia and Turkey supporting missions in Iraq, Kosovo and others.

I was a civilian dispatcher and Policeman when I left military service in 2000.

I was presidentially recalled after September 11th 2001 and put my uniform back on to fight the war on terror at US CENTRAL COMMAND.

In 2002 I was sent on a diplomatic mission of my own to an American Embassy in southwest Asia where I supported the front line of the war in Afghanistan.

Upon returning to the United States and leaving the military service again I resigned my commission as a police officer and took a job in Afghanistan supporting the American team protecting the president of Afghanistan working out of the American Embassy there.

I presently serve as a Civilian Analyst for Homeland Defense.

Now the Department of Homeland Security has personally violated my fiancé and me.

People in my line of work are apprehensive to go to the press about anything. However, in this circumstance, it seems obvious that there is no other way. I hope and believe my Senator, Ben Nighthorse Campbell, will do his best for me, but without a public out cry of the American people calling for justice I am afraid this matter will not be dealt with sufficiently.

My fiancé spent the night in jail with criminals and was forcefully sent back to Germany all the time being told she had broken no law, she was not under arrest and that it is just all procedure.

This one man Mr. Barry Carter, a low ranking government agent, has the authority on a whim, a feeling, a hunch to ruin people’s lives. This is not right; this is not the America I fought for.

Please help me expose this injustice.

Thank you.

Trevor Hughes

FRONT PAGE ARTICLE

Turned Away at Border

http://www.gazette.com/popupNews.php?id=595347

The love story of Trevor Hughes and his fiancee began in an elementary school in the Himalayan foothills.

They were "global nomads." He was a diplomat's son. She the daughter of missionaries. They lived in Asia, attended school together, fell in love and want to get married in June.

But when Hughes' fiancee, a German national, tried to visit him on a six-month tourist visa Monday, she was detained in Atlanta, handcuffed, jailed--even stripped of her diamond engagement ring.

Then, after 20 hours without food, she was put on a plane and shipped back to Stuttgart.

"This isn't the America I fought for," said Hughes, who served in the Navy and U.S. diplomatic corps. "You don't expect that from a great country like ours."
Old Oct 17th 2003, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough

your fiancee was dumb. Think about it:

>filling out paper work that stated we were engaged and will be
>getting married on June 5, 2004.

She admitted she was a FIANCEE of a US Citizen.

What does that mean?

She's an INTENDING IMMIGRANT. There's a VISA for fiancee's. It's called a K1.

If you are coming as a tourist -- in a nutshell you CAN'T be engaged or married to a USC or a GC holder. If you do, you are DENIED ADMISSION (your wife was not deported) and returned back to get the proper visa.

I know you're trying to make it into a huge passionate plea -- but in all reality -- it's because your wife had the wrong visa.

The officer was correct in doing this. What's the freakin' purpose of the K1 visa, if people could just get engaged and fly here on tourist visa's, and start living with their fiancee's and apply for GC's all within a week?? The K1 is a more thorough process designed to investigate, background research, sifen out fraudulent marraiges, etc. etc. Allowing fiancee's to come visa tourist visa's bypasses all that, and allows breaks the system as it was designed.

Next time get a lawyer.

-= nav =-
Old Oct 17th 2003, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

btw: why do almost all of these "immigrant hardluck nightmare INS stories" always lead up to a paypal donation link near the bottom? I've seen almost 3 stories posted here lately that have had that. Makes things very *suspicious*.

-= nav =-
Old Oct 17th 2003, 1:25 pm
Ll

Default Re: About "voluntary Departure"

"correctinjustic" <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > http://www.landofthefree.blogspot.com/
    > My fiancé Beate happens to have brown skin, she appears on my Government
    > TS SCI security clearance and does not exist in any computer system or

after this kind of thing happened, say good bye to your clearance now ))

Old Oct 19th 2003, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: About "voluntary Departure" Attention -= nav =-

-= nav =-

I guess you did not read or comprehend the story. The fact is the Fiancé visa is only for people planning to get married in the United States within a defined amount of time after arriving, it also takes 7 months to process.

Since we are not getting married in the United States, it was not the proper visa to obtain.

The other fact you somehow over looked was that two career consular attaché’s interviewed Beate. We told the truth about our engagement like we had every time she entered the United States. With the knowledge of these facts, these experienced senior consular officers issued her the visa to visit me. The correct visa.

I cannot speak for anyone else, as far as there option of having a donations link on there page, but I assure that in our case it is needed, Lawyers are not cheap, phone calls, plane tickets, the loss of employment and moving are all good reasons to give those who care enough to donate the option to do so.

Before you write again, please check your facts, be thorough and thoughtful and maybe you wont come off looking like an idiot.

Sincerely,

Trevor
Old Oct 19th 2003, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

ANOTHER FRONTPAGE ARTICLE ABOUT THIS INCIDENT AND MANY OTHERS
BY PAM ZUBECK - THE GAZETTE

http://gazette.com/popupNews.php?id=607646

Immigration horror stories aren't unusual

Immigration officials’ harsh treatment of foreigners and their perceived cavalier decisions to return people to their home countries aren’t unusual.

Several Colorado Springs residents say they know how Trevor Hughes’ fiancee felt after she was handcuffed, fingerprinted, jailed and denied food for 20 hours in Atlanta before being sent back to Germany on Oct. 6.

...Some say the detentions stem from enforcement of the Patriot Act, adopted Oct. 26, 2001, in response to the Sept. 11 attacks. The law gives law enforcement authorities more authority to deter terrorism.

Complaints to the U.S. Justice Department alleging civil rights and civil liberties abuses under the Patriot Act increased by 37 percent in the first half of 2003 compared to the previous six months.

The figures likely don’t include dozens, perhaps hundreds, of cases that don’t get reported...
Old Oct 19th 2003, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

>Since we are not getting married in the United States, it was
>not the proper visa to obtain.

You're correct. Since she's your fiancee and you're getting married in another country -- she shouldl wait til she gets MARRIED and THEN files for aos, etc. in her country and THEN coming here.

Trying to visit as a tourist when you have a fiancee in the US is in a nutshell NOT allowed.

>senior consular officers issued her the visa to visit me. The >correct visa.

Did she even LISTEN to what the airport people told her? The visa from the consulate is just a "KNOCK" on the door of the US. It's 100% up to the POE officer to allow her in or not. If the consulate makes a mistake -- the POE does not have to honor it.

Instead of making websites, asking for money. Go get married, apply for her paperwork and do it legally. Something she should've done ages ago. Otherwise, want some cheese with your whine?

-= nav =-
Old Oct 20th 2003, 4:31 pm
Steve

supernav <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > >Since we are not getting married in the United States, it was
    >
    > >not the proper visa to obtain.
    >
    >
    >
    > You're correct. Since she's your fiancee and you're getting married in
    > another country -- she shouldl wait til she gets MARRIED and THEN files
    > for aos, etc. in her country and THEN coming here.
    >
    >
    > Trying to visit as a tourist when you have a fiancee in the US is in a
    > nutshell NOT allowed.
    >

It is, too, although may have a hard time convincing the immigration
officer at the POE that you intend to leave the US at the end of the
trip. It is even possible and legal to get married in the US to a
US citizen on a B2 visa or visa waiver if you don't intend to stay.

Here is a quote from the website of the US Embassy in London:

Note: If the you will return to your permanent place of residence
outside the United States after the marriage ceremony you should apply
for a B-2 visa, or if eligible travel visa free under the Visa Waiver
Program. If the marriage will take place outside the United States,
you will require an immigrant visa to reside in the United States

Steve

>
    >
    > >senior consular officers issued her the visa to visit me. The
    > >>correct visa.
    >
    >
    >
    > Did she even LISTEN to what the airport people told her? The visa from
    > the consulate is just a "KNOCK" on the door of the US. It's 100% up to
    > the POE officer to allow her in or not. If the consulate makes a
    > mistake -- the POE does not have to honor it.
    >
    >
    >
    > Instead of making websites, asking for money. Go get married, apply for
    > her paperwork and do it legally. Something she should've done ages ago.
    > Otherwise, want some cheese with your whine?
    >
    >
    >
    > -= nav =-

Old Oct 20th 2003, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Gerd M. Rausch is an unknown quantity at this point

What puzzles me:
After all what happened, why do you still insist
"My entire life has been in service to this great nation."
Great Nation ? Stop wasting your time with this "great nation",
and move away! What more needs to happen for a wakeup call?

My wife and I moved to Germany in May 2003. I am German and
she is U.S. citizen. You can travel to Germany without any
strings attached, intending immigrant, married, non-married,
none of that crap. You do not need any visas.
Get married and apply for a permanent stay permit!
It took my wife ONE week to get one and it was for free.

If you get married here in Germany and intend to go to the
U.S. you need to generate income while being domiciled in
the U.S. So you would have to split up with your wife, until
the BCIS gives her a go. That might take an arbitrary amount
of time and costs a few thousand dollars!

Do you really want to put her through all of this?
Wasn't being handcuffed once enough?
If you love her, spare her that experience, find a job in Germany
and come over here.
You will find many open minded and welcoming people here!
Old Oct 20th 2003, 10:09 pm
Jozef

"Gerd M. Rausch" <member@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > What puzzles me:
    > After all what happened, why do you still insist
    > "My entire life has been in service to this great nation."
    > Great Nation ? Stop wasting your time with this "great nation",
    > and move away! What more needs to happen for a wakeup call?

<sigh>
I wish more people would think like you...
Unfortunately, considering the millions who try to get into this
'narrow-minded and 'unwelcoming' country, you appear to be 'the voice of one
calling in the desert!'
:-)

> My wife and I moved to Germany in May 2003. I am German and
    > she is U.S. citizen. You can travel to Germany without any
    > strings attached, intending immigrant, married, non-married,
    > none of that crap. You do not need any visas.
    > Get married and apply for a permanent stay permit!
    > It took my wife ONE week to get one and it was for free.
    > If you get married here in Germany and intend to go to the
    > U.S. you need to generate income while being domiciled in
    > the U.S. So you would have to split up with your wife, until
    > the BCIS gives her a go. That might take an arbitrary amount
    > of time and costs a few thousand dollars!
    > Do you really want to put her through all of this?
    > Wasn't being handcuffed once enough?
    > If you love her, spare her that experience, find a job in Germany
    > and come over here.
    > You will find many open minded and welcoming people here!