Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old Aug 26th 2010, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by wannabies
Hi Everyone

I have been watching thread with interest although not contributing as nothing to report but frustration with the wait and despair at exchange rate. BUT AT LAST, we have a CO received 23/8/10. Tracker has incorrect acknowledgement date, my error, sorry, it should read 30/4/09, apologies to anyone who thought they were nearer to a CO due to this.

At last things seem to be moving Meds booked for 6th Sept in Manchester Police checks ready to go, just need our son in OZ to contact Centerlink for AOS.

After such a long wait everything seems to be moving at double speed. We are hoping to go to Brisbane where our two sons and 2 granddaughters are. Although we still have house to sell!

Exciting times ahead
YIPPEE! So happy for you both and busy times ahead

So glad something is happening get twitchy when nothing is going on. Right all who acknowledged in June stand by your beds!

Last edited by Barbaran; Aug 26th 2010 at 9:21 am. Reason: Adding more detail - JUNE 2009 of course!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Barbaran
YIPPEE! So happy for you both and busy times ahead

So glad something is happening get twitchy when nothing is going on. Right all who acknowledged in June stand by your beds!
VERY VERY EXCITING NEWS, I will have to lie on my bed, due to the shock of being so close to a CO

Good luck Wannabies, and hope it sails straight through for you both.

I have alsocontacted the State Revenue Office and cannot claim the first home owners grant in retrospect, as you must have you permanent visa at the time of the completion date to be able to claim. you can however enter into a contract of sale before, but it must complete AFTER the date of your permanent Visa, as you then have 12 months to be able to reclaim it.

Last edited by miscellaneous; Aug 26th 2010 at 1:49 pm. Reason: new knowledge.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 6:02 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

I have been watching thread with interest although not contributing as nothing to report but frustration with the wait and despair at exchange rate. BUT AT LAST, we have a CO received 23/8/10. Tracker has incorrect acknowledgement date, my error, sorry, it should read 30/4/09, apologies to anyone who thought they were nearer to a CO due to this.

At last things seem to be moving Meds booked for 6th Sept in Manchester Police checks ready to go, just need our son in OZ to contact Centerlink for AOS.

After such a long wait everything seems to be moving at double speed. We are hoping to go to Brisbane where our two sons and 2 granddaughters are. Although we still have house to sell!

Exciting times ahead
Great news! I still remember the feeling when our CO made contact.

best wishes

Steve
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:15 pm

K and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really nice

Originally Posted by miscellaneous
VERY VERY EXCITING NEWS, I will have to lie on my bed, due to the shock of being so close to a CO

Good luck Wannabies, and hope it sails straight through for you both.

I have alsocontacted the State Revenue Office and cannot claim the first home owners grant in retrospect, as you must have you permanent visa at the time of the completion date to be able to claim. you can however enter into a contract of sale before, but it must complete AFTER the date of your permanent Visa, as you then have 12 months to be able to reclaim it.
Well done WANNABIES hope all goes as planned!!!

Thanks Miscellaneous for the update information on the Home Owners grant, all usefull information!!

Regards
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

yomvard is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

Exciting times ahead
Congratulations, it is so exciting when a CO pops up. Trouble is you will be more impatient now as things are starting to move.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

Exciting times ahead
Congratulations & good luck with the sale of your house

Katie
Old Aug 27th 2010, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have alsocontacted the State Revenue Office and cannot claim the first home owners grant in retrospect, as you must have you permanent visa at the time of the completion date to be able to claim. you can however enter into a contract of sale before, but it must complete AFTER the date of your permanent Visa, as you then have 12 months to be able to reclaim it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update on the grant - it's a shame as the $'s would have been very useful !!

Katie
Old Aug 27th 2010, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Oldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really nice

Hi Everyone

Exciting times ahead
Congratulations on getting a Case Officer and good luck with selling your house! Are you going to John Street Manchester for your Medicals? If so, then I would be interested to hear how you get on as this is where we will be going to get our medicals done!
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:31 am
Just Joined

wannabies will become famous soon enoughwannabies will become famous soon enough

Hi

Yes or medicals are booked with John Street for 6/9 will let you know how its goes. We did think about going to Edinburgh and making a long weekend of it but decided that we had better carry on saving. Our son has arranged interview with Centerlinks for Tuesday 31/8, does anyone know when he will need to make the bond payment as we have not yet sent him the money. Darn't send him it too early too much of a temptation.

Wannabies
Old Aug 27th 2010, 6:08 pm

Hi

Yes or medicals are booked with John Street for 6/9 will let you know how its goes. We did think about going to Edinburgh and making a long weekend of it but decided that we had better carry on saving. Our son has arranged interview with Centerlinks for Tuesday 31/8, does anyone know when he will need to make the bond payment as we have not yet sent him the money. Darn't send him it too early too much of a temptation.

Wannabies
Hello there

I seem to remember that the bond must be set up within 2 weeks afer the interview; this includes the time it takes for Centrelink to confirm to DIAC that the bond has been established. So it would be best to make sure the funds are available by the end of next week to give him a chance to go to the Commonwealth Bank and open the account.

Cheers

Steve
Old Aug 28th 2010, 3:25 pm
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice

[
Thanks for the update on the grant - it's a shame as the $'s would have been very useful !!

Katie[/QUOTE]

To be fair the Agent did warn me before I purchased that they thought I would lose it, but I kept my hopes up as ever, so now I have learnt that you cannot have your cake and eat it.

As you say the $'s would have been nice, but I am still glad I took the plunge when I did, as I am having a good experience settling into Oz, and it is nice to know I will not have to move home again. Unless of course they refuse my application.

regards
Elaine
Old Aug 28th 2010, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Julian927 is an unknown quantity at this point

Visa in Passport
We are off in October and although we had been told that we have an electronic visa we wanted something concrete.....so sent off our passports to the Australian High Commission in a silver pouch, with a post paid self addressed pouch and lo and behold we have our passports back with visible evidence of our visa..it seems much more real when you can see it!
Julie
Old Aug 28th 2010, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Hi Everyone

Exciting times ahead
FANTASTIC NEWS - hope everything goes well for you and the house sells quickly.

That means we're all another step closer as we are almost into September. Only another 13 months to wait - hopefully till we get ours
Old Aug 29th 2010, 1:45 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Julian927
Visa in Passport
We are off in October and although we had been told that we have an electronic visa we wanted something concrete.....so sent off our passports to the Australian High Commission in a silver pouch, with a post paid self addressed pouch and lo and behold we have our passports back with visible evidence of our visa..it seems much more real when you can see it!
Julie
Before Les says it, ours was paper, concretes too heavy!

Matt
Old Aug 29th 2010, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Before Les says it, ours was paper, concretes too heavy!

Matt
Nice one Matt - yeah plays havoc with the baggage allowance.
Back to the long weekend then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.