Don't care so long as it's wet
5.13%
I'm a 'wear the same pants for a week kind a guy/gal'
0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Shower V Bath

Old Mar 26th 2012, 6:22 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shower V Bath

Originally Posted by eddie007
OMG.. That hadnt even crossed my mind... I'm SO naive .. I thought that being wet he was showering!!!!

Thank you for that thought
I suppose it saves on the shock of finding crusty socks tucked under the mattress
Old Mar 26th 2012, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I suppose it saves on the shock of finding crusty socks tucked under the mattress
I am NOT going to look... Not going to look..... Not going to look.... Not goi g to look... Not going to

DOH!
Old Mar 26th 2012, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

OMG this conversation reminds me of the ones I'd be party to when staying with my mother. She was a foster parent of teen boys for over 25 years. She'd often have 4-6 teen boys in the house at one time.

About the showers, she used to tell them, "Ten minute maximum. Whatever you're doing in there, I'm sure you can manage it in ten minutes."

Now don't get me started on her dinnertime chat one night...reasons why cling film and an elastic are NOT a substitute for a condom. I nearly choked on my spag bol. This from a woman who, back in my childhood, couldn't talk about the birds and bees because she was too embarrassed.

Last edited by Japonica; Mar 26th 2012 at 8:49 am.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 9:48 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Japonica
OMG this conversation reminds me of the ones I'd be party to when staying with my mother. She was a foster parent of teen boys for over 25 years. She'd often have 4-6 teen boys in the house at one time.

About the showers, she used to tell them, "Ten minute maximum. Whatever you're doing in there, I'm sure you can manage it in ten minutes."

Now don't get me started on her dinnertime chat one night...reasons why cling film and an elastic are NOT a substitute for a condom. I nearly choked on my spag bol. This from a woman who, back in my childhood, couldn't talk about the birds and bees because she was too embarrassed.
LOLOL at cling film and an elastic. Oh the images!

I've told mine (much to their massive embarrassment) that if it's a party where they're not told to wear a jacket, then it's not a party they want to be going to.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Due to the current water shortage here and seeing just how much it is affecting wildlife I can't bring myself to have a bath. I've bought us a timer and we all shower the regulation 4 mins. Drop in the ocean so to speak, but hey.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 10:31 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I like both but you cant beat a nice hot bath to relax the body before bed and I so miss having a bath. I dont much care for the big spa type baths, just something long enough to stretch my legs in and the baths here seem to be made for short people and when I am lucky enough to be in a hotel with a bath I always end up with my bloody legs pinned on the wall so i can soak my shoulders.

A nice hot bath, glass of wine and a bath full of Radox.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 12:16 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Both. I shower in the morning to wake up and wash my hair but love a nice hot bath before bed. Especially in winter. Throw in some bubbles or one of those fizzy bomb things and I could stay in for an hour or so. Thankfully I'm vertically challenged, so don't find the bathtub too short. Actually, when we built the house we made sure that the tub was long enough and wide enough for the old man to use as well.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 1:21 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Shower all the way, can't stand baths Once in the morning to wake up and once post gym.

I do believe it's a generational thing as the parents have a bath once a week whetehr they need it or not probably stems from the days of needing to boil the water by the bucket load over an open fire
Old Mar 26th 2012, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Shower all the way, can't stand baths Once in the morning to wake up and once post gym.

I do believe it's a generational thing as the parents have a bath once a week whetehr they need it or not probably stems from the days of needing to boil the water by the bucket load over an open fire
I'm still waiting to have a bath long enough to lie down in, as the last person who built the house was a dwarf.

When I was growing up, we had to share the bathwater, which was not very nice by the time my turn came. This was because the hot water tank only coped with heating one bathful- up to 4 inches of water, and we had to boil kettles to top it up, as it was decidedly cool by the time I got in.

Thank heavens for instant gas water heaters.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 1:06 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Eldest does that... gets out and he still hasn't used either soap or shampoo. I really don't want to think about what he IS doing.
That reminds me of a gag in an old Young Ones book that used to crack me up.

"Remember that horrid moment when you've just started to 'wash' your private bits, and Mum comes in to discuss your homework? Well, with a 'MATEY' foam bath you can wash your willy as fast as you like, and mum need never know!"