Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

TSA - Time to Stop Aviating?

TSA - Time to Stop Aviating?

Old Feb 1st 2011, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

paulward50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TSA - Time to Stop Aviating?

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Prevy? Oh, privy.

ZOMG the world is a scary place! Everything changed since 9-11!

How, exactly? Can you name one incident where the TSA has interdicted or prevented a single terrorist? Nope, because they haven't.

You keep telling yourself you're safe, mate, my little naive and innocent friend.
I'm not telling myself I'm safe, I'm not naive and I'm not a little innocent friend. I have just served 22 years in the British Army. I have been places and seen things I never want to see or go agian. Lets not get personal. The job TSA do isn't just counter terrorism, its also to find and smugglers. Terrorists are now making exposlosives which can be swallowed by a person and detonated once they are safely on board a flight. Wonder which one they will pick next.

Last edited by paulward50; Feb 1st 2011 at 1:19 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steerpike
The biggest change that occurred is, the Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld machine were able to push through an utterly un-necessary invasion of Iraq. "Preemptive attack" became an acceptable rationale, because of the fear from 9/11. So yes, it's a changed world, and a scarier world, but it has little to do with TSA and having your 'nads fondled.

I wish someone would put this thread out of its misery ...
"An utterly un-necessary invasion of Iraq" I guess a country that can gas and kill thousands of its own citizens is totally exceptable. Speak to the soldiers that have uncovered those mass graves and ask them if they think the invasion was un-necessay.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulward50
"An utterly un-necessary invasion of Iraq" I guess a country that can gas and kill thousands of its own citizens is totally exceptable. Speak to the soldiers that have uncovered those mass graves and ask them if they think the invasion was un-necessay.
The original justication for the war was WMDs. Came up short there.

Then graves of 400,000 people.

Not that I'm minimizing, but it was later discovered those numbers were way off and more like 5000. To give that some perspective, 110,000 have died in the war itself.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2.../18/iraq.iraq1

So now Mr Blair has his day in court...
Old Feb 1st 2011, 2:16 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

3 snipers could have stopped that with 3 bullets. Heck, the Iranians almost overthrew their country using Twitter. The Tunisians pretty much did and the Egyptians are on the verge of doing so.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Of course we always swing into action every time there's wrong-doing in this World...like Rwanda...errr...
Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:04 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ridski
3 snipers could have stopped that with 3 bullets. Heck, the Iranians almost overthrew their country using Twitter. The Tunisians pretty much did and the Egyptians are on the verge of doing so.
Yeah, about that... And we all went, Yeah! Go Iranians! Overthrow Ahmedinejad's death cult regime.

But they didn't overthrow their government because they didn't have any weapons to fight the Basij thugs and the security police.

And the consequence is that they're still being executed. Just last month, 99 protesters were hanged, not to mention the extra-judicial killings.

Very sad.

http://commonamericanjournal.com/?p=24142
Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:49 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, about that... And we all went, Yeah! Go Iranians! Overthrow Ahmedinejad's death cult regime.

But they didn't overthrow their government because they didn't have any weapons to fight the Basij thugs and the security police.

And the consequence is that they're still being executed. Just last month, 99 protesters were hanged, not to mention the extra-judicial killings.

Very sad.

http://commonamericanjournal.com/?p=24142
It is incredibly sad, but unless we are willing to intervene not just there, but Burma, Somalia, and countless other countries, what are we to do?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 8:11 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not telling myself I'm safe, I'm not naive and I'm not a little innocent friend. I have just served 22 years in the British Army. I have been places and seen things I never want to see or go agian. Lets not get personal. The job TSA do isn't just counter terrorism, its also to find and smugglers. Terrorists are now making exposlosives which can be swallowed by a person and detonated once they are safely on board a flight. Wonder which one they will pick next.
Still avoiding answering the simple question I see. By now we'll assume it's because you can't, which leaves nothing but hot air on the subject.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

As others have said - over 100,000 people killed by the war itself; a trillion dollars spent; the removal of a 'force' that counterbalanced Iran in the region (and one of the few relatively secular countries in the region, too!); an event that has inspired hatred against the US in an entire generation of youngsters in the region. Way to go, Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld! And if we really want to take the high road against countries we think oppress their citizens, maybe we should invade China ... or Burma ... .
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tonrob
Still avoiding answering the simple question I see. By now we'll assume it's because you can't, which leaves nothing but hot air on the subject.
Oh you live in a very sad bubble. By the way, well done in the rugby Taff.......

Last edited by paulward50; Feb 4th 2011 at 9:41 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steerpike
As others have said - over 100,000 people killed by the war itself; a trillion dollars spent; the removal of a 'force' that counterbalanced Iran in the region (and one of the few relatively secular countries in the region, too!); an event that has inspired hatred against the US in an entire generation of youngsters in the region. Way to go, Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld! And if we really want to take the high road against countries we think oppress their citizens, maybe we should invade China ... or Burma ... .
Iraq invaded a country, a small country at first, but next on its list was Saudia Arabia. As of today, Iran has not invaded any country. You mention China???? Look at the items in your home, most of them say "made in China" right. This country needs to concentrate on its own problems at the moment.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Iraq invaded a country, a small country at first, but next on its list was Saudia Arabia. As of today, Iran has not invaded any country. You mention China???? Look at the items in your home, most of them say "made in China" right. This country needs to concentrate on its own problems at the moment.
... and, of course, the US has invaded plenty of countries ...
Old Feb 5th 2011, 12:23 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

.........This country needs to concentrate on its own problems at the moment.
What a pity this country did not address some of its own problems in 2002-2003 instead of starting two foreign wars that have caused untold misery, and wasted billions of dollars of taxpayers' money.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:13 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

What is with you progressives? You distort history to suit your liberal world-view. I don't know if it's deliberate or just a slow process which gradually re-writes history, somewhat akin to the Ministry of Truth in 1984.

My friend said exactly what you just said: that we started two foreign wars.

I'll give you Iraq. No argument.

But Afghanistan was not a pointless war. It was not started by us - if you recall. The Taliban were playing host to al Qaeda, giving them material support and shelter. Fair game.

Would you rather we'd have just lobbed a few cruise missiles over there, rubbed our hands together and called it good?
Old Feb 5th 2011, 7:00 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

What is with you progressives? You distort history to suit your liberal world-view. ..............
So... in your opinion, only US progressives and "liberals" opposed the US wars against Afghanistan and Iraq in the last decade? It looks to me like plenty of US conservatives and libertarians were opposed to them too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.