Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Ending the appointment of Agent - Form-956, Form-1193 Help!

Ending the appointment of Agent - Form-956, Form-1193 Help!

Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:18 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to change the correspondent address

Originally Posted by asadsherazi
On Form-956, Question no. 09: Provide details of the migration agent or exempt agent or authorised recipient

Family name:
Given names:
Postal address:

I know their postal address, but i don't know the Family name, Given name by which he has filed my application as an agent. So What should i mention on these fields?

My agent's company name is 'Pak Australia Diligence' also known as 'PAD Group'.

Please also note that as the company has just shut down their operations and facilities and simply run-away... so no one will attend the calls if DIAC try to contact them :-(
What is the name of the person dealing with your application? Not the company, the person.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi can any body help me answering these two two questions??

On Form-956, Question no. 09: Provide details of the migration agent or exempt agent or authorised recipient

Family name:
Given names:
Postal address:

I know their postal address, but i don't know the Family name, Given name by which he has filed my application as an agent. So What should i mention on these fields?

With reference to Form-956, Question no. 10: How can i know the "Offshore Agent ID Number (if allocated by the department)" ?
You should have had an actual AGENT named as dealing with your applciation. That name would have been on the original form sent to DIAC, and that is the name they want on this form.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

asadsherazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You should have had an actual AGENT named as dealing with your applciation. That name would have been on the original form sent to DIAC, and that is the name they want on this form.
@Dorothy: i have the visiting card of my agent that just contains 'Mr. Altaf'

@Pollyana:
By the way, isn't it that i should be writing my own details while answering to the below question?

Question no. 10, says go to Part G, so i don't need to answer question no. 11 , 12 that although seem relevant? Please confirm.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

ibrahim007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: How to change the correspondent address

I am ibrahim. I am also a customer of PAD group pvt ltd. But thank God im financially safe. My process was for immigration to australia. I had a positive assessment and i planned to apply for immigration but when i went there, i found out that the owner was a fraud. Now whats the process? I am computer professional and have more than 5 years experience in network security and administration. i got my assessment result a month ago. what to do next? kindly help. will be very obliged.

regards
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 4:22 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Form 956 is very easy to follow, I have just read it for you.
It clearly states if you wish to END your migration agent's appointment, then you have to give them the name of the agent(9) and the name of the company at 10.
If you wish to CHANGE your agent you will also have to give the new details.

DIAC doesn't design forms with the intention of putting in trick questions, just answer what they ask, and if you cannot answer, then write the reason why not.

With all due respect, I would think carefully about whether you feel confident to handle the rest of the application yourself, or whether you wish to appoint another - MARA registered - agent.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Form 956 is very easy to follow, I have just read it for you.
It clearly states if you wish to END your migration agent's appointment, then you have to give them the name of the agent(9) and the name of the company at 10.
If you wish to CHANGE your agent you will also have to give the new details.

DIAC doesn't design forms with the intention of putting in trick questions, just answer what they ask, and if you cannot answer, then write the reason why not.

With all due respect, I would think carefully about whether you feel confident to handle the rest of the application yourself, or whether you wish to appoint another - MARA registered - agent.
Sorry pollyana for my childish queries, actually different threads on this form telling different information.. that can make body confused who is new to these things.... such as the below thread make me think as i need to provide my details while answering question no. 09 part-E.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488617

Please see below the Excerpt from the above thread and comment...

I am about to send scanned copy of form 956 to remove my agent as authorized recipient. I need little help about the form.

I am selecting the 3rd option of Question 6 and then going to Part E. In part E, Question 9, should I provide my existing agent's detail or my detail?
Put your details, as you will now be the authorised recipient.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Default Ending the appointment of Agent - Form-956, Form-1193 Help!

Hi all, My agent was a fraud who has just shut down all his operations and facilities and has run away. I am going to fill and send Form-956, Form-1193. I have studied both the forms and below are my queries. Please help ! I shall be very obliged for your assistance in this regard.

Form 1193

My Query no. 01: I want DIAC to communicate with me directly by email (if required). So I just need to answer question no. 01, 02 only. Please confirm?

I don’t need to answer question no. 03, 04. M I thinking right?

My Query no. 02: Previously My agent was communicated with DIAC with his email address and I am not sure what that was. How can I prove that I am the right person sending this Form 1193 for a change in the email address? (if asked by DIAC).

My Query no. 03: Below is excerpted from DIAC website. But Form-1193 doesn’t ask for the previous email address? As my agent has just shut down his operations & facilities and he is no more available (on phone, office, website etc). So how can I meet the below requirement?

“If you are notifying a change of email address by sending an email from your new address, you must include details of your previous email address, as evidence that you have authorized the change”

Form 956

My Query no. 01: (Reference: Form-956 Part-C Question no. 04) What application have you lodged?
Possible answer 01: Australian Immigration.
Possible answer 02: Skilled Independent.
Possible answer 03: VISA (Class VE, subclass 175 Skilled - Independent).

I feel above all answers suitable for me. Please suggest which one is more appropriate?

My Query no. 02: (Reference: Form-956 Part-C Question no. 04)
At which office was that application made?
Possible answer 01: GSM ADELAIDE OFFICE.
Possible answer 02: SOUTH AUSTRALIAN STATE OFFICE.
Please comment which answer is more appropriate?

My Query no. 03: (Reference: Form-956 Part-E Question no. 09)
Provide details of the migration agent or exempt agent or authorised
Recipient?
Do I need to enter my own details here or the details of the agent which I was using and now want to get rid of?

My Query no. 04: (Reference: Form-956 Part-E Question no. 09)
Recipient?
Do I need to enter my own details here or the details of the agent which I was using and now want to get rid of?

My Query no. 05: (Reference: Form-956 Part-E Question no. 10)
I don’t know the agent's MARN number or Offshore Agent ID number. Are these two fields optional in the form?

My Query no. 06: (Reference: Form-956 Part-E Question no. 11, 12, 13)
As I am ending the appointment of my migration agent so I don’t need to answer question no. 11, 12, 13. Please confirm?

My Query no. 07: (General question)
I’ll fill both the Forms (956, 1193) with blue ink pen, and will send it to DIAC email address ‘[email protected]’ (after scanning the forms) without attestation. Is it fine? Or it is required to attest the forms?
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 5:53 pm
Home and Happy

Default Re: Ending the appointment of Agent - Form-956, Form-1193 Help!

Threads merged

http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/migrati...g-an-agent.htm
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the valuable link, Still my queries/concerns are not answered there. Could you please reply to each of my above qeury?
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 12:58 am
Just Joined

Persona Grata is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, My agent was a fraud who has just shut down all his operations and facilities and has run away. I am going to fill and send Form-956, Form-1193. I have studied both the forms and below are my queries. Please help ! I shall be very obliged for your assistance in this regard.

Form 956

My Query no. 01: (Reference: Form-956 Part-C Question no. 04) What application have you lodged?
Possible answer 01: Australian Immigration.
Possible answer 02: Skilled Independent.
Possible answer 03: VISA (Class VE, subclass 175 Skilled - Independent).

I feel above all answers suitable for me. Please suggest which one is more appropriate?

Permanent residence subclass 175

My Query no. 02: (Reference: Form-956 Part-C Question no. 04)
At which office was that application made?
Possible answer 01: GSM ADELAIDE OFFICE.
Possible answer 02: SOUTH AUSTRALIAN STATE OFFICE.
Please comment which answer is more appropriate?
(Paper based) ASPC

My Query no. 03: (Reference: Form-956 Part-E Question no. 09)
Recipient?

Agent's details whom you want to exempt

My Query no. 04: (Reference: Form-956 Part-E Question no. 09)
Recipient?

My Query no. 05: (Reference: Form-956 Part-E Question no. 10)
I don’t know the agent's MARN number or Offshore Agent ID number. Are these two fields optional in the form?

MARN number should be visible on your agents business card but i am unsure if your agent ever had a MARN number
My Query no. 06: (Reference: Form-956 Part-E Question no. 11, 12, 13)
As I am ending the appointment of my migration agent so I don’t need to answer question no. 11, 12, 13. Please confirm?

yes, you don't need to answer these questions

My Query no. 07: (General question)
I’ll fill both the Forms (956, 1193) with blue ink pen, and will send it to DIAC email address ‘[email protected]’ (after scanning the forms) without attestation. Is it fine? Or it is required to attest the forms?
You need to send only form 956 in order to notify DIAC about the exemption of your agent. I don't think that you need to attest the form and yes i think it should be ok if you send it via email with your TRN, file reference number etc
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Persona Grata
You need to send only form 956 in order to notify DIAC about the exemption of your agent. I don't think that you need to attest the form and yes i think it should be ok if you send it via email with your TRN, file reference number etc
Persona Grata, thank u so much for the clarifications,

Are MARN number/ Offshore agent reference number optional fields?? M i good to go without filling them?

I am not sure which given/family name my agent used, so while answering question no. 09, what should i do now?? :-(

their business name was 'Pak-Australia Diligence' (PAD GROUP). Any help to answer questn no.09?
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 3:39 am
Just Joined

Persona Grata is an unknown quantity at this point

Persona Grata, thank u so much for the clarifications,

Are MARN number/ Offshore agent reference number optional fields?? M i good to go without filling them?

I am not sure which given/family name my agent used, so while answering question no. 09, what should i do now?? :-(

their business name was 'Pak-Australia Diligence' (PAD GROUP). Any help to answer questn no.09?
Don't you have their business card? Write the name of the person who was dealing with you and also mention the business name. I guess leaving MARN field empty and mentioning that you don't have it will do the trick.
But whatsoever, i guess you should fill and send this form as soon as possible. And have some confidence in yourself, nothing is going to happen to you.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Persona Grata
Don't you have their business card? Write the name of the person who was dealing with you and also mention the business name. I guess leaving MARN field empty and mentioning that you don't have it will do the trick.
But whatsoever, i guess you should fill and send this form as soon as possible. And have some confidence in yourself, nothing is going to happen to you.
Thanks Persona Grata for your support and encouragement, finally i have posted the documents today
Old Sep 27th 2010, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Hi friends, i have not received any acknowledgment from DIAC whether they have updated my Form-956 details in their system or not.

How can i confirm this ? what is the procedure?