Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

administrative process 221(g) with white form

administrative process 221(g) with white form

Old May 25th 2010, 9:36 am
Just Joined

kishoreh1buk is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry administrative process 221(g) with white form

Hi This is Kishore and hi have take H1b interview on 31 jan 2009 at london consulate. at that time my application was kept under administrative process 221(g) with white form and requested me to submit additional documents . I have submitted those requested documents on 19th jan 2010.how long normally it will take for the decision. problem is my visa is going to expire to stay in UK. if i go back to India UK how shoud my visa process is going at London consulate.if i contact them generally they are not going to reveal the time for dealing with my application.. i have all my experience and other documents with them. can i with draw my application form London consulate and can i give the interview again in India? is it Possible?
Old May 25th 2010, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: administrative process 221(g) with white form

Originally Posted by kishoreh1buk
is it Possible?
What advice has your attorney given you?

Ian
Old May 25th 2010, 2:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi This is Kishore and hi have take H1b interview on 31 jan 2009 at london consulate. at that time my application was kept under administrative process 221(g) with white form and requested me to submit additional documents . I have submitted those requested documents on 19th jan 2010.how long normally it will take for the decision. problem is my visa is going to expire to stay in UK. if i go back to India UK how shoud my visa process is going at London consulate.if i contact them generally they are not going to reveal the time for dealing with my application.. i have all my experience and other documents with them. can i with draw my application form London consulate and can i give the interview again in India? is it Possible?
There is no way of knowing how long you'll be on AP. It can take anywhere from 2 months to 2 years.

If you are no longer resident in UK, you might be able to move your case to India....although in the middle of AP I'm not sure if they will comply.

You can probably drop the case in the UK, but you might have to start all over again with a new petition in India so you can get another interview.

Check with an immigration attorney to see what your options are.

Rene
Old May 25th 2010, 11:05 pm
Banned

uk_to_houston is an unknown quantity at this point

Normally people who got stuck in Canada in AP fly back to india/home (with his passport) and as their visa is ready, the person gets a visitor visa for Canada and then get his passport stamped.
Old May 25th 2010, 11:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_to_houston
Normally people who got stuck in Canada in AP fly back to india/home (with his passport) and as their visa is ready, the person gets a visitor visa for Canada and then get his passport stamped.
Why are you talking about Canada? What does this have to do with the OP?

Ian
Old May 25th 2010, 11:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_to_houston
Even someone applying for a visitor visa can get stuck in AP. I don't see this as a viable solution for the OP.

Rene
Old May 26th 2010, 12:29 pm
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

What status are you under in the UK? The obvious thing will be try to see if you can extend the status. However, applying in a third country rather than your home country probably delayed things to begin with.