Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Old May 18th 2009, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Just thought I would share this link to any of you who are about to renew their UK Passports in OZ.

http://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/en/passports/

I've spoken with the Australia Post office today, and the service will commence on the 2/06/2009.

As far as I know for the Gold Coast, Pacific Fair and Surfers Paradise are the only Post office's offering this service at the moment.

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 15th 2011 at 5:32 am. Reason: Removing broken link
Old May 18th 2009, 5:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Just thought I would share this link to any of you who are about to renew their UK Passports in OZ.

http://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/en/passports/

I've spoken with the Australia Post office today, and the service will commence on the 2/06/2009.

As far as I know for the Gold Coast, Pacific Fair and Surfers Paradise are the only Post office's offering this service at the moment.
So it HAS to go via Aus Post plus a $50 fee for doing it, even if you don't wnat it checked by AUs Post they will do it anyway! And the cost of renewing here is already higher than renewing at home.
Talk about a racket.
I predict an upsurge in Brits timing their trips back ti the UK to coincide with passport renewal..........

Thanks for posting it, as it will affect so many of us I will sticky it for a while

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 8th 2009 at 12:28 pm. Reason: Updating the link - website has moved the page
Old May 18th 2009, 11:25 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Check and Send in Britain costs GBP6.85
http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...761&print=true
Old May 18th 2009, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

I just wanted to ask, if you do time your UK visits to get passports over here, I think I read that you have to do it in person. Is that right? Or have people just used family addresses to get them done?
Old May 18th 2009, 2:32 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Check and Send in Britain costs GBP6.85
http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...761&print=true
ANd what about those of us that don't do check and send? Thats the point I'm making. I am confident enough to send my own application, I don't WANT to pay a post office to do it for me (especially bearing in mind the bad experiences I have had with Aussie post offices!)
Old May 18th 2009, 2:35 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
I just wanted to ask, if you do time your UK visits to get passports over here, I think I read that you have to do it in person. Is that right? Or have people just used family addresses to get them done?
In the future (a few years ahead admittedly) I will be looking to renew while I'm at home. I can use a family address as I will be living there at the time.
Old May 18th 2009, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
In the future (a few years ahead admittedly) I will be looking to renew while I'm at home. I can use a family address as I will be living there at the time.
Thanks that's cool. My passport will run out just over 2 years after we arrive in Oz, but I'm sure that we will have made a trip back before that so I'll just renew it when we come over.
Old May 24th 2009, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

So it HAS to go via Aus Post plus a $50 fee for doing it, even if you don't wnat it checked by AUs Post they will do it anyway! And the cost of renewing here is already higher than renewing at home.
Talk about a racket.
I predict an upsurge in Brits timing their trips back ti the UK to coincide with passport renewal..........

Thanks for posting it, as it will affect so many of us I will sticky it for a while
Just wondering if to send my daughters application off before 2nd June straight to them to save the $50. Reckon that will work???
Old May 25th 2009, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

ANd what about those of us that don't do check and send? Thats the point I'm making. I am confident enough to send my own application, I don't WANT to pay a post office to do it for me (especially bearing in mind the bad experiences I have had with Aussie post offices!)
I agree. It is a cheek! But at least now there will be a phone line you can ring to check on the status of your application. The absence of that service was a complete nightmare for me this time last year!
Old May 25th 2009, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of getting the wife's application in for renewal this week before 2nd June.

Can anyone refresh my memory of the issue of UK passport photos not being the same as Aus passport photos and that if you submit Aus format they get rejected?

Sure I remember reading something about it. Any idea where she could get UK spec passport photos done in Sydney CBD or out in Sutherland Shire.

Thanks.
Old May 26th 2009, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Thinking of getting the wife's application in for renewal this week before 2nd June.

Can anyone refresh my memory of the issue of UK passport photos not being the same as Aus passport photos and that if you submit Aus format they get rejected?

Sure I remember reading something about it. Any idea where she could get UK spec passport photos done in Sydney CBD or out in Sutherland Shire.

Thanks.
I had mind done in a camera shop in our local shopping centre. I think all passports now have to meet international standards so anyone advertising passport photos should meet the criteria. Failing that take the recommendations with you and ask before they take the shot whether they are able to meet them. (I took a ruler with me to check them, much to the amusment of the guys in the shop who clearly thought I was a mad english woman!) I 'think' lots of post offices will do them for you as well.....
Old May 26th 2009, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Thanks.
Got my passport renewing just last month without any problems. Got the photos from a photo booth you find in the shopping centres. Most Wesfields have them. I believe there is one in town hall station.
Fill the application in and send it off via registered post with a hefty fee, had a new one within 2 weeks.
Old May 26th 2009, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Now found that the UK Embassy has a list of recommended photo places on their website that are aware of UK requirements.

Found info on this recent thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=609975

As there are two in Sydney CBD, I will get the wife to go along tomorrow.
Old May 28th 2009, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold

Thanks.
My British passport was today returned to me unrenewed after a month because my passport photos ever so slightly show my teeth and therefore are unacceptable. You have to have "a neutral expression, with your mouth closed (no obvious grinning, frowning or raised eyebrows)" it says on the the www.ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk website. And the fee of $268 is now insufficient am I advised as the cost is is $279 but at the time I applied the cost was $268 on their website. What annoys me is that I sent copies of the exact photos for my Aussie passport and no problems.
Old May 28th 2009, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

If I get my passport renewed by fast post whilst "living" at my mum's during my visit there next month what do I do about my PR visa label? Is it ok to travel back carrying both the old labelled passport and new unlabelled one? Once back here I'd get the label redone in the new one but won't have time in the UK to go to a passport office and do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.