What questions do NZIS ask?

Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default What questions do NZIS ask?

Sorry,probably been asked before but................

Once your ITA has been submitted and the nice case officer wants to interview you over the phone to find out why you want to go to NZ etc what questions are they likely to ask? Can guess at a few generics such as why NZ,what positive attributes can you bring to NZ,are you going to give it a fair go sort of thing. Just don't want to stuff it up at that point as I get really nervous on the phone.

Thanks in advance

Phyllis
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Cyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What questions do NZIS ask?

Hi Phyllis

There is a thread on here somewhere that I remember seeing which detailed the questions that were asked - but I can't find it! I think is from a while back and I thought it was in 'the really useful thread' but I can't see it there.

Does anyone know where it's hiding?

If I recall it was quite straightforward, things like:
-why do you want to move to NZ now, how will you find work - that kind of thing.
I don't think you'll have a problem, you seem very articulate! Anyway, If I get my interview before you get yours - I'll be sure to send you a transcript

Will pm you also x Sarah
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:42 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I remember asking this but do not know how to do a link I'm afraid so have just copied and pasted! Not sure if this is the one you meant but it should help a little

Feb 15th 2008, 8:04 pm #5
Heal

Re: Interview today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks still waiting which visa we'll be given,should find out early next week so our fingers are crossed for pr

Questions asked were

What are your plans when you go to NZ
Have you looked into employment
Have you looked into accommodation/housing
How have you been researching your move
What would be any stumbling blocks
If you cannot find employment in your field what would you do
Why have you chosen NZ
Do you know what your expected salary in NZ
Why have you now decided to emigrate to NZ
Does your partner have any plans to work.
Have you any friends or family in NZ

I was on the phone for about 20min everything was quite informal and the girl doing the interview was very pleasant.
Hope this helps
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Cyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the roughCyffiwr is a jewel in the rough

That's the one Sue - thanks! (Where was it?)
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:55 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Written by Heal on the 15th Feb- "Interview today"

Only managed to find it because I remembered asking what they'd been asked and looked through my past posts. I think what I have quoted was the only relevant bit as far as the questions were concerned

If you explain how to do a link to it I could try that, I can find the link box on the toolbar but don't know what to do with it! Alternatively go back in time to Feb this year
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Sue R thankyou very much.

Sarah cheers,would appreciate a PM if you get yours before mine.

Feels a wee bit like cheating on an exam( which I've never done BTW) but if it helps to get there so be it. Have copied and pasted it into my NZ immigration file for future reference and to add some answers just in case

Thanks for all your help

Phyllis
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Feels a wee bit like cheating on an exam( which I've never done BTW) [/QUOTE]

Yep - I'll believe you

If you explain how to do a link to it I could try that, I can find the link box on the toolbar but don't know what to do with it! Alternatively go back in time to Feb this year [/QUOTE]

Sue I have enough trouble finding my way around here as it is. I've no idea how to do anything remotely advanced
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:39 pm
Leeds to Nelson

Heal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really nice

Those were the sort of questions they asked me.
The girl that did the interview was nice and friendly, the interview lasted about 20 min.
After asking the questions they ask you if there's anything you would like to ask.
At the end she told me the interview went ok and we would be given WTR or PR.About a week and half later we found out we'd been given PR.
Hope this helps
Good Luck I'm sure you'll be fine.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Heal
Those were the sort of questions they asked me.
The girl that did the interview was nice and friendly, the interview lasted about 20 min.
After asking the questions they ask you if there's anything you would like to ask.
At the end she told me the interview went ok and we would be given WTR or PR.About a week and half later we found out we'd been given PR.
Hope this helps
Good Luck I'm sure you'll be fine.
Been reading this thread as we too will probably have to be interviewd as no job offer. Just wondered as you said after your interview toy were given PR as opposed to WTR. I just assumed as OH has no job offer we would only get WTR, was yours a one off? Would much rather go on PR at least you know thats everything sorted.
Sorry to butt in on this thread. Very interesting
Chris
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alchris
Been reading this thread as we too will probably have to be interviewd as no job offer. Just wondered as you said after your interview toy were given PR as opposed to WTR. I just assumed as OH has no job offer we would only get WTR, was yours a one off? Would much rather go on PR at least you know thats everything sorted.
Sorry to butt in on this thread. Very interesting
Chris
Never apologise for butting in on a thread,that's what it's for I wil hopefully be receiving a job offer soon( doing references Wed/Thu by phone) so was unsure if we would get an interview,just wanted to be prepared is all. As my husband says if Phyllis is doing something that does not need a to do list then there's something wrong
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Ohhhhh - do you not get interviewed if you've got job offers then?
I've so much to learn...
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:01 pm
Leeds to Nelson

Heal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really nice

I don't think you are interviewed if you have a job offer.
As regards to the wtr I was quite shocked when it was mentioned as I had assumed we were just applying for pr.Apparently there are two types of wtr and we wouldn't have had to wait 2 years for pr.I think the requirement is that you prove that you have gained employment over a 3 month period.
Our agent told us we should receive the pr and it turned out she was right,I must say it was quite a nervous week and a half waiting to see which one we would receive.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:20 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent thread, very useful, thanks for posting it!!

Look forward to reading about what the rest of you get asked... as we'll be right behind you!! (hopefully anyway!!!)

Good luck everybody!