Advice decent citizinship

Old Oct 6th 2013, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Katy87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice decent citizinship

Hi I don't think it's likely but I would like to live and work in new zeland.
My father was born in new zeland he has a new zeland and uk passport. His parents lived there for a few years one from the uk and the other from the Falklands islands. He on my birth certificate. He has lived in tis country most his life and does now. He's 56.
Is there anyway I could apply through citizenship? Or is there very strict requirements?
Old Oct 6th 2013, 9:35 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice decent citizinship

does he live here now? sorry not to clear

also I believe you may need to show that you are dependant on him
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ld/default.htm

also don't believe you could bring your Chinese boyfriend with you on the back of application. where are you living now that you have to move to Ireland to get him a visa?
Old Oct 6th 2013, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi I me and my father live in the uk I'm a il citizen. We don't live together. My civil partner is Chinese living in china for now.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

*uk
Old Oct 6th 2013, 10:17 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

unfortunately you won't be able to get your boyfriend over even if you did manage to gain a visa as you would need to show that you have lived together for a minimum of 12mths. not sure if there are other ways round to getting into NZ through parents if you are not dependent on them. It might be worth you calling Immigration New Zealand in London and asking them.
Is your father going to return to NZ?

Last edited by MrsFychan; Oct 6th 2013 at 10:28 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 10:22 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katy87
Hi I don't think it's likely but I would like to live and work in new zeland.
My father was born in new zeland he has a new zeland and uk passport. His parents lived there for a few years one from the uk and the other from the Falklands islands. He on my birth certificate. He has lived in tis country most his life and does now. He's 56.
Is there anyway I could apply through citizenship? Or is there very strict requirements?
Since your father was a New Zealand citizen when you were born, you appear to be eligible to register as a New Zealand citizen by descent:
http://www.dia.govt.nz/Services-Citi...t?OpenDocument
Old Oct 11th 2013, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi but my father lives in the uk to he doesn't plan to return to nz. My son and civil partner would they be able to get residency? What other criteria is there for the descent route? Thanks

Originally Posted by JAJ
Since your father was a New Zealand citizen when you were born, you appear to be eligible to register as a New Zealand citizen by descent:
http://www.dia.govt.nz/Services-Citi...t?OpenDocument
Old Oct 13th 2013, 4:35 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi but my father lives in the uk to he doesn't plan to return to nz. My son and civil partner would they be able to get residency? What other criteria is there for the descent route? Thanks
Noted that the link provided in post #6 contains the necessary information to apply for New Zealand citizenship by descent. Is there anything unclear about what is contained therein?
Old Oct 14th 2013, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Yea I was uncertain about my civil
Partnership been able to move to nz after reading that link
Old Oct 14th 2013, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Default Moving to nz by descent

Hi if I got a nz passport by descent and moved there would my civil partner be able to? She lives in china now. We hope to move in the uk by the end of next year together using the surinder Singh route from ireland.
We would live in the uk for a year or two to save to go to nz. Thanks I have read link people gave me on a different threa debit it didn't clear it up really.
Should I ask the cosult for nz in the uk?
Old Oct 14th 2013, 5:00 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Yea I was uncertain about my civil
Partnership been able to move to nz after reading that link
Hi, forgive me for following you around the world, but you should mention here that yours is a same-sex civil partnership. Those here who haven't read your other threads aren't aware of this and if NZ legislation doesn't accept such partnerships, their answers might not be applicable....
You should also give the détails that you gave in the European forums - All this is important for BE members to know how to advise you best...
Old Oct 14th 2013, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

I thought it was accepted in nz
Old Oct 14th 2013, 5:54 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was accepted in nz
I've no idea, in fact, I just wanted to advise you to give as many détails as you have given in the various Europe sections, so that NZ members have an overall view of your situation....
Old Oct 14th 2013, 7:18 pm

it has this year been accepted that same sex couples can marry here, not sure how it works on immigration though
Old Oct 15th 2013, 5:32 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to nz by descent

If you are a NZ citizen and you have lived with your partner for over a year [and can prove it eg joint bank accounts, letters to the same address etc] then you can apply for residency for her via partnership. If you are planning on staying for less than two years then there is a temporary partnership work visa available.

I have just read your other thread, being in a same sex relationship is accepted by NZ immigration. Whether you're married, in a civil partnership or just living together-it's all fine! In fact, it's the living together bit that they are interested in, a marriage certificate is not enough for any couple.
You will have to prove that you are in a genuine and stable relationship so as you're planning on living together for at least a year in London then aim to gather as much proof as you can in that time.
You mentioned a son, you will have to look into whether you need the father's permission to remove him from the UK.
P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.