Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Old Jul 3rd 2012, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice
Default Re: UK Foods in the US Share your finds!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
When I go to the UK I buy several large boxes of PG Tips...which means I bring a couple of thousand teabags back with me. I always declare them on the US customs form and they always put my bags through x-ray.

Everyone who comes to visit are only allowed through the front door if they are armed with PG Tips. If we run out then I pay the inflated price, I'm no good to anyone without my PG.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 3:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denzil75

Everyone who comes to visit are only allowed through the front door if they are armed with PG Tips. If we run out then I pay the inflated price, I'm no good to anyone without my PG.
I can buy PG Tips locally from King's but as you say a box of 80 costs around $10...as opposed to 250 for a couple of quid from a UK supermarket.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 3:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I can buy PG Tips locally from King's but as you say a box of 80 costs around $10...as opposed to 250 for a couple of quid from a UK supermarket.
Wegmans had them on sale, 80 count for $4, which is still a bit, but much better than usual.

I've still got loads from when my mother came for a visit, but then a thousand odd bags for a fiver on sale, so have a couple thousand. It's funny how much more tea I drink when I think I've got a endless supply and they're quickly dwindling...well I've emptied one biscuit tin of bags already at least
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Picked up a packet of chocolate hobnobs at the weekend from World Market for $1.20. Made some tea, opened the fridge to get a hobnob and they are gone and I only picked hubby up from the airport on Sunday afternoon!
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 4:00 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Orangepants
Picked up a packet of chocolate hobnobs at the weekend from World Market for $1.20. Made some tea, opened the fridge to get a hobnob and they are gone and I only picked hubby up from the airport on Sunday afternoon!

That's too funny.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 4:02 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

That means they were gone Sunday evening
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fsm
That means they were gone Sunday evening
Went to POPs in the Park Sunday evening and stupidly mentioned to him that I had bought some and meant to bring them along in the picnic - so between 10.30pm and midnight is my guess!
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 5:20 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Went to POPs in the Park Sunday evening and stupidly mentioned to him that I had bought some and meant to bring them along in the picnic - so between 10.30pm and midnight is my guess!
10:30pm and 10.35pm would be my guess.

My latest trouble, is the Yorkie bar that jumps into the basket in HT every time.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 2:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Ocean State had McVites Digestives going for $1 a packet, which is pretty decent.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

joyce373 is an unknown quantity at this point

I sell UK foods mainly to friends etc but Iam hoping to offer Holiday Hampers this year , you can pm me for more details
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Wholefoods had the Irish bangers a buck off, so $4 a pound, which isn't to bad I guess...they're not bad sausages either.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
Wholefoods had the Irish bangers a buck off, so $4 a pound, which isn't to bad I guess...they're not bad sausages either.
I can't eat the Irish bangers from there since finding something that looked like part of an ear in one - put me right off! Never been in Whole Foods since
Old Aug 31st 2012, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by denzil75
I can't eat the Irish bangers from there since finding something that looked like part of an ear in one - put me right off! Never been in Whole Foods since
But isn't that what commercial sausages are made of? All the garbage that's leftover - organ meat, blood, fat and gristle. My sister heads up the Product Assessment centres in the UK for Tescos - after the stories she tells us about what they find in those things ...eewww!
Old Aug 31st 2012, 2:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

But isn't that what commercial sausages are made of? All the garbage that's leftover - organ meat, blood, fat and gristle. My sister heads up the Product Assessment centres in the UK for Tescos - after the stories she tells us about what they find in those things ...eewww!
There is a reason they mince/grind meat (if you can call it meat)...that's why I don't eat it.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Muller yoghurts have made it over the Atlantic! Just stocked up on Fruit Corners & crunches in Kroger. The real deal (made in Europe), yum yum yum!

http://mullerquaker.com/Home.aspx

Last edited by yellowroom; Sep 1st 2012 at 1:11 am. Reason: Added website

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.