EOI with 120 in Pool, Should I wait

Old May 24th 2012, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

haideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nice
Default EOI with 120 in Pool, Should I wait

Hi,
I have EOI in the pool with 120 points, I can score more (20)twenty points if include my wife qualification. But if i go for that I have to do PAR for my wife and further down the line i have to Full Assessment for myself and wife as well .

My Question is should i wait for balloting if 120 points EOI selected or i should go for my wife PAR and complete 140 points right away.

Any other recommendations.

Regards.
Old May 24th 2012, 8:16 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI with 120 in Pool, Should I wait

I think the best option is to submit with as many points a you can, just had a quick look at the last two listed above and 120 was not pulled.

if you look here http://formshelp.immigration.govt.nz...ts/eoi2012.htm you can see the list of points selection.
Old May 24th 2012, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

haideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nicehaideeali is just really nice

Thanks.
I am following EOI selection closely as i don't have Job Offer so i have to wait. I am monitoring since march when i submit EOI. I still have time till September before my EOI expired from the Pool.

I am just worried that rule doesn't change or my occupation removed from short list.

Regards.
Old May 25th 2012, 3:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

NZIS review shortage lists etc in June.
Old May 25th 2012, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Thanks,
It mean applying on earliest is better.

Originally Posted by BEVS
NZIS review shortage lists etc in June.
Old May 27th 2012, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

James Baker is an unknown quantity at this point

Quite simply if you dont have a job offer and are under 140 points you will not be selected, so un order to avoid wastingbthe money you have spent onnthe EOI I would edit the submission to include wifes quals then once you are invited to apply you have four months to have got the assessment completed. Hope this helps
Old May 27th 2012, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by James Baker
Quite simply if you dont have a job offer and are under 140 points you will not be selected, so un order to avoid wastingbthe money you have spent onnthe EOI I would edit the submission to include wifes quals then once you are invited to apply you have four months to have got the assessment completed. Hope this helps
Thanks James,
Thanks for your reply, I have already submitted my EOI with 120 points. I am just taking a chance, they might select EOI with 120 points in next draw or so.
Otherwise i have to go with my wife qualification assessment which will cost me another 900-1000 NZ .
Old May 27th 2012, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

James Baker is an unknown quantity at this point

According to NZI they wont select applications under 140 without job offers attached , anything under 140 is only selected ( in sufficient quantities to meet immigration quotas) if they have a job offer included innthe EOI, if yours doesn't then i'm afraid you wont have a chance at all, you are better off editing the EOI you have submitted, to boost the points up to 140 then you will be selected automatically (even without a job offer) but then you have to back up your claims with proof when then invite youmto apply. Your application wont be processed as quickly but it will be processed at least!
Old May 27th 2012, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

hmlamie is an unknown quantity at this point

According to NZI they wont select applications under 140 without job offers attached , anything under 140 is only selected ( in sufficient quantities to meet immigration quotas) if they have a job offer included innthe EOI, if yours doesn't then i'm afraid you wont have a chance at all, you are better off editing the EOI you have submitted, to boost the points up to 140 then you will be selected automatically (even without a job offer) but then you have to back up your claims with proof when then invite youmto apply. Your application wont be processed as quickly but it will be processed at least!
I think this is not right, if you are below 140 maybe you will be selected even if you don't have job offer, this what happened in 2nd of May. they selected all of the candidates who have 125 points and above (You can open INZ site and check)
Old May 27th 2012, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

hmlamie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by haideeali
Thanks James,
Thanks for your reply, I have already submitted my EOI with 120 points. I am just taking a chance, they might select EOI with 120 points in next draw or so.
Otherwise i have to go with my wife qualification assessment which will cost me another 900-1000 NZ .
I agree on what you did it is better to submitted it even if you have just 120 Points until you finish the PAR. you don't know what will happen in the next draw, maybe you will be lucky and you will be slected. Any way good luck to you
Old May 27th 2012, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

2nd May 2012 did pick those with 125 points or more but this is the important bit which you seem to have missed :

All those claiming 15 bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage that had a points total of 125 or more but less than 140

If you dont have additional points for work experience or qualifications in an absolute skill shortage area then you wont be selected.
Old May 27th 2012, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
2nd May 2012 did pick those with 125 points or more but this is the important bit which you seem to have missed :

All those claiming 15 bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage that had a points total of 125 or more but less than 140

If you dont have additional points for work experience or qualifications in an absolute skill shortage area then you wont be selected.
Hi James,hmlamie and ellenarosemary,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes ellenarosemary you are right they do select EOI with points 120 actually not this year if you see last year
http://formshelp.immigration.govt.nz...ts/2011eoi.htm

They have selected couple of time EOI with points 115+ with 15 SSL experience.

I am also taking the same chance, they might do the same as i am holding work experiences and have SSL points.

Regards.
Old May 28th 2012, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:08 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

According to NZI they wont select applications under 140 without job offers attached , anything under 140 is only selected ( in sufficient quantities to meet immigration quotas) if they have a job offer included in the EOI, ......
This is not correct. Please take the time to peruse the last 12 months of selections.

Apologies to the OP for not correcting this earlier .

Have you points for a skill in absolute shortage haideeali? If so, then there is a very slim chance of selelction however, I would go with your idea to get a PAR for your wife's quals and then add that into the EOI if you can.

Regards and Good Luck.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Thanks BEVS,
I did same and got selected in 13 June Draw. Now preparing for ITA.

Regards.