Closed Thread

Old May 7th 2012, 10:26 pm   #1
austinforever
Just Joined

austinforever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DV Question

Hey guys. Was looking up eligibility criteria to enter the Diversity Lottery and was just wondering if I could apply because one of my parents was born in an eligible country but the other was born in the UK. Sadly I was born and raised here.

Many Thanks!

Old May 8th 2012, 9:04 am   #2
ian-mstm
Sanctimonious Prick

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DV Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinforever View Post
Was looking up eligibility criteria to enter the Diversity Lottery and was just wondering if I could apply because one of my parents was born in an eligible country but the other was born in the UK.
I don't think you are eligible. AFAIK, both parents must have been born in an eligible country for you to apply cross-chargeability.

Ian
Old May 8th 2012, 4:21 pm   #3
superkruz Male
Forum Regular

superkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond reputesuperkruz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian-mstm View Post
I don't think you are eligible. AFAIK, both parents must have been born in an eligible country for you to apply cross-chargeability.
This is correct, according to the DV2013 instructions.
Old May 9th 2012, 1:10 pm   #4
austinforever
Just Joined

austinforever is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the confirmation! Back to the drawing board I guess!
Closed Thread

Subscribe to this Thread