Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

Old May 8th 2012, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future
Default Re: DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Fingers crossed for you that its an eCas error.
People who have had Decision Made prior to meds have usually been notified via mail in the following week.
Well it seems it's some kind of message them at CIC are sending out, by the way it doesn't tell us anything just sends our BP up as someone mentioned earlier

Thanks for the well wishes mate....................
Old May 8th 2012, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by james.mc
You are getting my vote at the moment
I sure hope Iain's right about this

Good luck to all our fellow 'Decision Made' patriates............
Old May 8th 2012, 6:46 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by badab1ng
Don't get too concerned. My ECAS said the same "a decision has been made" and one month later I was approved.
Me too....exactly the same message and we're flying out one way at the end of June. Don't quote me on this but I'd say it's a positive......

I must apologise, I jumped in without reading all the posts......we applied under the old system on FSW so I'm not sure whether it would be the same. Sorry. However, I wish you all the best and hope your news is positive!

Last edited by Dotty P; May 8th 2012 at 6:52 pm. Reason: Didn't read post properly!
Old May 8th 2012, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dotty P
Me too....exactly the same message and we're flying out one way at the end of June. Don't quote me on this but I'd say it's a positive......
You've got me curious Dotty, please can you explain your timeline and how it is that you're flying out in June??

Why would you say it's positive....................
Old May 8th 2012, 6:58 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bal uk
You've got me curious Dotty, please can you explain your timeline and how it is that you're flying out in June??

Why would you say it's positive....................
Oops, seems I didn't edit my post in time.....you might see now that I edited to say I hadn't read all the posts properly. We applied on the old system but I do remember we got exactly that message and both hubby and I think it was before medicals as there wouldn't be any point in sending you for meds if it were a no, would there? I do apologise if I'm giving you the wrong advice!
Old May 8th 2012, 7:05 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

We have had medicals and passport requests (from Buffalo) and yet we are still "In Process".

I don't think ecas has any bearing whatsoever on your current state of play but it's very easy to get stressed over it, don't I know it!

Good Luck!
Old May 8th 2012, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

basil_spinone is an unknown quantity at this point

Gutted.com!!!!

got the letter today!! apparently, my skills/experience dont match the noc code!!!

looks like CIC are going to be using this as a big way of reducing the backlog
Old May 8th 2012, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bal uk
Well it seems it's some kind of message them at CIC are sending out, by the way it doesn't tell us anything just sends our BP up as someone mentioned earlier

Thanks for the well wishes mate....................
Hey mate,
Sorry to heap more on you, but recieved the letter today and it is a rejection!!
I am mega confused because it stats that we got rejected based on the fact our NOC is not in the approvred list..... But under cat3 - it is not based on your NOC code???? soooooooo confused!

Hope ours is a more positive outcome, fingers crossed for you.

G
Old May 9th 2012, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

AhmadQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Does anybody noticed that the duties listed in the HRSDC website were changed for some occupations like 0213 - IT Manager?

Thanks
Ahmad

Last edited by AhmadQ; May 9th 2012 at 2:07 pm.
Old May 9th 2012, 3:03 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AhmadQ
Hi,

Does anybody noticed that the duties listed in the HRSDC website were changed for some occupations like 0213 - IT Manager?

Thanks
Ahmad
Do you have a copy of the old duties listed?
Old May 9th 2012, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

I have just had a quick look over 0213 and cant see anything major that has changed as it all still fits my job description.
I do have the page printed out at home from before we applied, so i will be able to check next thursday when i get back to the uk.
Old May 9th 2012, 3:11 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdo1982
I have just had a quick look over 0213 and cant see anything major that has changed as it all still fits my job description.
I do have the page printed out at home from before we applied, so i will be able to check next thursday when i get back to the uk.
I have just done the same and can't see anything that looks massively different - look forward to hearing from you once you are back and have checked it. I have a whole bundle of the old NOC duty sheets, but 0213 is not one of them sadly!
Old May 9th 2012, 3:56 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Fingers crossed for you that it is an ecas error For what it's worth ecas was completely useless for us. It has never said anything more than our name and address. Under "status", it was always blank
Old May 9th 2012, 4:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I have just done the same and can't see anything that looks massively different - look forward to hearing from you once you are back and have checked it. I have a whole bundle of the old NOC duty sheets, but 0213 is not one of them sadly!
I've got it, will email you with it.

Old May 9th 2012, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

basil_spinone is an unknown quantity at this point

If there are differences, it may be worth posting them up for all to see.

I'm really not convinced that my application was even reviewed and if it was, I dont think it was done by anyone sufficiently qualified to understand the technology industry and job descriptions associated etc.

Short of copying word for word from the HSRDC website, my evidence submitted was spot on for the category in which I applied.

I'm not the first to be refused on the grounds of not matching the NOC (nor will I be the last) - I suspect there may be many more refusals before the end of June. And not matching the NOC is an easy way for CIC to cut the numbers as there's not really any right of appeal other than going back to CIC within 30 days and asking for the programme director (or whoever) to review (expecting that to be a "computer says NO!" also). The final option would be judicial review which may be costly in the long run.

Roll on June/July and the new list (if there is one) or PNP or a job offer.

The dream is still there, a bit shattered, a bit broken, but certainly not given up........

Fingers crossed to all who are waiting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.