Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Old May 8th 2012, 5:54 am
Just Joined

hazzik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

Originally Posted by Teddykgb
They may have refunded the money to try and get rid of us but don't stop here, keep pursuing them until they come up with a fair compensation.
Fully agree. I think that 80 it is so small nuber and then they may easyly make quota wider. Also I think that high manager who should take responsiblity on that situation just do not know that that happened. Because I think that low-level manager trying to hush up the problem. So we have to write a public letter to NZ Minister of Immigration.

I think that 'automatic' apologies are not enough.
Old May 8th 2012, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

WayneChen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver fern visa 2012 - accepted & then rejected by NZIS discussion thread

I have already received email about refund. Damn!!!! What should I do next ?

Re: Your Silver Fern Application Fee refund

Refund arrangements for your Silver Fern Job Search visa application fee were made on Tuesday 8 May 2012 (New Zealand time). Your refund will appear on your credit card on Wednesday 9 May 2012 (New Zealand time).

Some of you may have recently received an automated message saying that your application has been accepted by a designated Immigration New Zealand branch. This email was sent because, at that time, we had not had a chance to process the refund of the fee you paid and close the application in our system. We apologise for the confusion this email may have caused to some of you.

Once again, we are very sorry about the error that caused your application to be incorrectly accepted and for any distress and confusion this has caused.
Old May 8th 2012, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

yoyoma is an unknown quantity at this point

we are among 80 ?...that's so sad..we almost had it
Old May 8th 2012, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hazzik
Fully agree. I think that 80 it is so small nuber and then they may easyly make quota wider. Also I think that high manager who should take responsiblity on that situation just do not know that that happened. Because I think that low-level manager trying to hush up the problem. So we have to write a public letter to NZ Minister of Immigration.

Did anyone send complaint to higher officer ?
Old May 8th 2012, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Let's send complaint to hihger level officer !
Old May 8th 2012, 6:01 am
Just Joined

sanyaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WayneChen
Let's send complaint to hihger level officer !
No problem, please tell us his/her e-mail.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Maryam90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Teddykgb
Hi all,
The actual numbers was confirmed to me by one of the officials at INZ this afternoon. They try to add all up to confuse us but with a little persistence this is what I got.

4000 - Potential applicants on 4/5/12.
400 - Timed out before payment.
80 - Accepted in Error.
300 - Accepted.

They may have refunded the money to try and get rid of us but don't stop here, keep pursuing them until they come up with a fair compensation.
Among these 80 applicants we have a good number of applicants gathered on the forum and I must say the count is increasing as silent visitors are getting registered too…
we just need to figure out and agree on a way we all should follow now that can lead us to some better situation ..
So what’s the line of action now…
Old May 8th 2012, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Beanaleena is an unknown quantity at this point

Did anyone send complaint to higher officer ?
I put an online complaint to the office of ombudsmen and emailed the Minister of immigration letting him know that there seems to be worldwide confusion and people's futures are literally hanging in the balance! If and when either of these reply, I will let u know!
Old May 8th 2012, 6:03 am
Just Joined

vivekananth is an unknown quantity at this point

Re: Your Silver Fern Application Fee refund

Refund arrangements for your Silver Fern Job Search visa application fee were made on Tuesday 8 May 2012 (New Zealand time). Your refund will appear on your credit card on Wednesday 9 May 2012 (New Zealand time).

Some of you may have recently received an automated message saying that your application has been accepted by a designated Immigration New Zealand branch. This email was sent because, at that time, we had not had a chance to process the refund of the fee you paid and close the application in our system. We apologise for the confusion this email may have caused to some of you.

Once again, we are very sorry about the error that caused your application to be incorrectly accepted and for any distress and confusion this has caused.
I've received the same email this morning. What to do next? But still my online application status is "Application received"
Old May 8th 2012, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: silver fern visa accepted and then rejected - 2012

Originally Posted by Tanu_allu
i am wanting to take legal action if this happens similar to me..
this is not done....such a big country with such a big deaprtment cant handle the load of 300 applications...they would have defined counter in the system not to accept any application after 300..
this is mental trauma for some one who is waiting since months after they moved their dates...
this is not fair...now there has to be action by all who got the similar situation...else department wont understand deceiving people like this..
Could we join together to generate joint force ?
Old May 8th 2012, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sanyaz
No problem, please tell us his/her e-mail.
Here is the only info I have

How do I take a complaint to the Deputy Chief Executive stage?
If your complaint cannot be resolved at branch level, you can contact the Deputy Chief Executive - Immigration by post, fax or by email:
Deputy Chief Executive – Immigration
Department of Labour
PO Box 3705
Wellington 6140

Or by fax to 04 915 6278
Email: [email protected]
Old May 8th 2012, 6:08 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by hazzik
I would agree with this.

Also I do think it odd that some of you are receiving more information that others via email.

Personally speaking and it is just a personal view. If it is 80 applicants only then no skin off NZIS nose to let those 80 through. After all all those on the SV visa have to pay money and evidence support for their keep whilst here in NZ. They all , also, have to go through the ring of fire that is trying to gain a substantial job offer in times when job offers can be very hard to come by.

If those that got through are willing to risk all ,then it is what is called a 'cash cow' for New Zealand as an extra 80 are willing to pay into the economy in the hope of finding that all important job offer.

Please note that some of those from 2011 SV last year have struggled to find a suitable job offer and so may not be able to stay.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:09 am
Just Joined

iGrinch is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is the only info I have

How do I take a complaint to the Deputy Chief Executive stage?
If your complaint cannot be resolved at branch level, you can contact the Deputy Chief Executive - Immigration by post, fax or by email:
Deputy Chief Executive – Immigration
Department of Labour
PO Box 3705
Wellington 6140

Or by fax to 04 915 6278
Email: [email protected]
Here's email of Minister of Immigration. Nathan Guy
[email protected]
Old May 8th 2012, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Teddykgb is an unknown quantity at this point

Well two options really, you can continue crying in your beer or keep pursuing them until they come up with a fair compensation and revamp their system so such ridiculous technical errors will not occur again in the near future.
Old May 8th 2012, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Beanaleena is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe a few more emails to Nathan Guy immigration minister, confirming that there are only 80 ppl may help? I didnt know this figure for definite yesterday?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.