Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Assessment for Migration process for Australia

Assessment for Migration process for Australia

Old May 1st 2012, 9:18 am
Just Joined

patva30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Assessment for Migration process for Australia

Hello,
My name is Nikit Patwa. I am planning to submit my CDR for the assessment under professional Engineer category. I have gone through the Migration Skills Assessment Booklet. Here I have understood everything except Section D - Additional Assessment Services. Could you guide me whether it is required in my case? Because in CDR we provide all the information about qualifications and work experience with supported documents. I have 6 years of professional experience and my highest qualification is Msc. Automotive Engineering. I have done graduation in Mechanical Engineering ( B.E.).

The section D says:
“2. Applicability of additional services

It should be noted that not all clients will require these
additional assessing services. Such services are
anticipated to be ONLY of interest to the following clients:

• those who hold a higher-level qualification than may be
strictly necessary to provide the nominated outcome;
and / or

• those who have at least 1 year Australian work
experience, and / or at least 3 years Overseas work
experience in their nominated occupation or a closelyrelated
occupation.

Either or both of these services may be applied for if the
client wishes to claim the DIAC points.

Please guide me for this. It is really confusing to me.

Thanking you,
NIKIT PATWA
Old May 1st 2012, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all
Default Re: Assessment for Migration process for Australia

As you dont have a Phd, you dont need to choose the first additional service.

Do you want to claim points for your skilled employmnt? If yes, then you need to choose to have your work experience assessed, i.e. the second option.
For this you have to pay additional fee and fill another form too

Last edited by joojay; May 1st 2012 at 4:27 pm.
Old May 2nd 2012, 3:48 am
Just Joined

patva30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Assessment for Migration process for Australia

Originally Posted by joojay
As you dont have a Phd, you dont need to choose the first additional service.

Do you want to claim points for your skilled employmnt? If yes, then you need to choose to have your work experience assessed, i.e. the second option.
For this you have to pay additional fee and fill another form too
Thanks for the reply. But i am still wondering that if person goes for the assessment than in which condition he goes only for the standard assessment ie. without the addidtional service (Claiming points for work experience). Because after all the person has to get points for its PR passing marks. Then why it is not included in the standard assessment. And if i go for only standard assessment without the additional service than result of the assessment would only depend on my education. And eventhough i get the approval from Engineers Australia Body where i have to show my experience to get the points.
Old May 2nd 2012, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all

There can be cases where an applicant does not wish to claim points for experience, e.g. if he already is getting 65 points without claiming points for experience. Or where his work experience(overseas) is less than 3 years and he does not qualify for any points.
Anyways, long story short .. dont confuse yourself, if you want to claim points just opt for that additional service.
Old May 3rd 2012, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

mariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the roughmariner is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by joojay
There can be cases where an applicant does not wish to claim points for experience, e.g. if he already is getting 65 points without claiming points for experience. Or where his work experience(overseas) is less than 3 years and he does not qualify for any points.
Anyways, long story short .. dont confuse yourself, if you want to claim points just opt for that additional service.
@patva30, I agree with joojay. Do not confuse yourself. If you want the skilled employment points from DIAC go in for additional assessment, otherwise stick to the standard one. However, after 1st July more the points, the merrier ie; more chances of getting an invitation to apply after EOI. So if your intention is skilled migration then it is better to opt for additional assessment as well.

Cheers!

Last edited by mariner; May 3rd 2012 at 5:13 am.