Closed Thread

Old May 1st 2012, 4:38 pm   #1
Sangeen
Just Joined

Sangeen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apostille Stamp

I am here on visit visa in uae. I am been offered a managerial role in abu dhabi. I am wondering if i need to attest (Apostille Stamp) my document for back home as other nationalities do.

Old May 1st 2012, 8:26 pm   #2
hnd
BE Enthusiast

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apostille Stamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeen View Post
I am here on visit visa in uae. I am been offered a managerial role in abu dhabi. I am wondering if i need to attest (Apostille Stamp) my document for back home as other nationalities do.
As far as I'm aware the UAE hasn't signed up to the Hague Convention so an Apostille would still need to be attested.

http://www.expatdocs.com/degree.html

Should it interest anybody, Oman signed the Hague Convention at the end of January this year (2012) so apostilled documents 'should' be accepted everywhere. Even with a copy of the declaration (in Arabic) from the Oman Ministry of Foreign Affairs together with the list of signatories showing Oman as one of them it took a team of lawyers a couple of days of meetings with the Ministry of Housing in Oman finally to accept that this was FACT.
Closed Thread

Subscribe to this Thread