Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to buy from Australia when visiting relatives in UK?

What to buy from Australia when visiting relatives in UK?

Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to buy from Australia when visiting relatives in UK?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Twisties Bernie and I have managed to get a few free pints from Aussie bar staff in the UK by having a packet of Twisties with us and offering to barter for beer!
That one is well and truly noted I reckon the Cherry Ripes and Violet Crumbles could be good for a pint as well.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
That one is well and truly noted I reckon the Cherry Ripes and Violet Crumbles could be good for a pint as well.
Tim Tams for the female bartenders
Old Apr 25th 2012, 4:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Surely the biscuits would be a little stale by now.
You could take them your lucky charms, Flatshare O'Flannagan....

Top of the Morning to you Sir.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 8:10 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Chocolate clinkers & cheesy gobbles! I'd say golden gaytime too, but they'd melt!

My OH loves a double entendre! These raised a real laugh.... Otherwise Tim tams always go down well
Old Apr 25th 2012, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by alexleeson
I'm finally visiting family and friends in the UK after 8 years! I am totally stumped as to what to buy as 'something from OZ'. I thought of Oomerangs buy they are a but heavy and useless! What have you bought that people liked when you have gone back for a holiday? Any ideas?
Not very glamorous but what about Lucas Pawpaw ointment - a real Aussie icon apparently - made in Brisbane. Lots of women keep a small tube in their handbag. Good as a lip gloss as well as for cuts, burns,dry or cracked skin on hands and feet, cracked nipples,insect bites, sunburn, nappy rash,scalds, pimples etc.

The yellow leaflet that came with my tub from Coles gives a history about the stuff and its myriad of uses.