Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 17th 2012, 9:06 pm   #1
sanserif
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 48

sanserif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

We filed on 21 March in London and payment's been taken but we haven't received an official notification of any sort (email or letter) that the form's being processed. Given that payment's been taken, do I need to worry about this?
sanserif is offline  

Old Apr 17th 2012, 9:24 pm   #2
Noorah101 Female
Iran / USA
Moderator
 
Noorah101's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 48,345

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanserif View Post
We filed on 21 March in London and payment's been taken but we haven't received an official notification of any sort (email or letter) that the form's being processed. Given that payment's been taken, do I need to worry about this?
No. When filing in London, the fact that payment was taken means that the I-130 is accepted and is being processed.

Rene
__________________
K1 Journey began March 6, 2003
US Citizenship Oath April 24, 2009
Extended Immigration Timeline
Noorah101 is offline  
Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:14 pm   #3
sanserif
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 48

sanserif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

OK, thanks.
sanserif is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2012, 8:24 am   #4
MrsWaring Female
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Inverness soon LaCrosse, WI
Posts: 343

MrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to all
Default Re: I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

I sent the I-130 last week, payment hasn't gone out yet. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes on average for them to take payment?Sent First class post (was told the I-130 didn't need to go by courier) but now worried it hasn't got to them

Thanks

Mrs W

Last edited by MrsWaring : Apr 26th 2012 at 8:27 am. Reason: add more info
MrsWaring is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2012, 9:29 am   #5
JSL8610 Male
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 674

JSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWaring View Post
I sent the I-130 last week, payment hasn't gone out yet. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes on average for them to take payment?Sent First class post (was told the I-130 didn't need to go by courier) but now worried it hasn't got to them

Thanks

Mrs W
In my case we mailed the petition on the Tuesday via Special Next Day delivery to their physical address. It arrived on the Wednesday and payment was taken the following Tuesday (though it didn't show up on my online credit card statement until Wednesday night). This was mid January.

I don't know if it takes longer for them to pick up the petitions if sent to the PO Box.

James
JSL8610 is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2012, 9:43 am   #6
MrsWaring Female
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Inverness soon LaCrosse, WI
Posts: 343

MrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to all
Default Re: I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSL8610 View Post
In my case we mailed the petition on the Tuesday via Special Next Day delivery to their physical address. It arrived on the Wednesday and payment was taken the following Tuesday (though it didn't show up on my online credit card statement until Wednesday night). This was mid January.

I don't know if it takes longer for them to pick up the petitions if sent to the PO Box.

James
Thanks James. So roughly a week in your instance. I checked online credit card statement today and not yet showing. Would it be wise or even possible to contact them after a certain amount of time has lapsed to see if they have in fact received in and its not been lost in the Royal Mail?
MrsWaring is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2012, 9:57 am   #7
JSL8610 Male
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 674

JSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

It is possible that RM lost the package. It is also possible that there is currently a backlog in taking payment or that your package was incomplete and has been returned to you.

I suppose you could call the premium rate line. They won't be able to give you any information but they will give you a code that will allow you to receive a response if you email the embassy.

I'm afraid I have no idea whether this will get you anywhere, or how long you should leave before trying it.
JSL8610 is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2012, 10:24 am   #8
MrsWaring Female
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Inverness soon LaCrosse, WI
Posts: 343

MrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to all
Default Re: I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSL8610 View Post
It is possible that RM lost the package. It is also possible that there is currently a backlog in taking payment or that your package was incomplete and has been returned to you.

I suppose you could call the premium rate line. They won't be able to give you any information but they will give you a code that will allow you to receive a response if you email the embassy.

I'm afraid I have no idea whether this will get you anywhere, or how long you should leave before trying it.
thanks again. I may leave it another few days, maybe until beg of next week and then try that option if no sign of payment. (Don't think I have ever wished for $400 odd to be charged to my credit card before lol).

Another question for you, although I don't think this is probably the right thread to ask it, have you done your process through London? I have a question regarding the DS-230. It states on Embassy London site that we just return part I of DS-230. Part II is the sworn statement. Do we not need to send this back too or does that get taken to the interview?
MrsWaring is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2012, 10:32 am   #9
JSL8610 Male
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 674

JSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond reputeJSL8610 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWaring View Post
thanks again. I may leave it another few days, maybe until beg of next week and then try that option if no sign of payment. (Don't think I have ever wished for $400 odd to be charged to my credit card before lol).

Another question for you, although I don't think this is probably the right thread to ask it, have you done your process through London? I have a question regarding the DS-230. It states on Embassy London site that we just return part I of DS-230. Part II is the sworn statement. Do we not need to send this back too or does that get taken to the interview?
My wife did file the I-130 in London, but it was only approved a couple of weeks ago so I haven't yet applied for the visa. My understanding is that Part II should be taken to the interview as there is a section at the end that needs to be completed and signed in the presence of a Consular Officer.

Having said that, I'm sure if you sent it in unsigned along with Part I then it would be given back to you at the interview to complete and sign.
JSL8610 is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2012, 10:52 am   #10
MrsWaring Female
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Inverness soon LaCrosse, WI
Posts: 343

MrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to all
Default Re: I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSL8610 View Post
My wife did file the I-130 in London, but it was only approved a couple of weeks ago so I haven't yet applied for the visa. My understanding is that Part II should be taken to the interview as there is a section at the end that needs to be completed and signed in the presence of a Consular Officer.

Having said that, I'm sure if you sent it in unsigned along with Part I then it would be given back to you at the interview to complete and sign.
It seems you are a few months ahead of me in the process so might be worth me following your updates so I know what and when to expect things. Also helps that you guys are doing the process through London too. I sometimes get a little confused reading other threads mentioning the process through US and different types of visa's. lol
MrsWaring is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2012, 12:00 pm   #11
Philk Male
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 143

Philk is a glorious beacon of lightPhilk is a glorious beacon of lightPhilk is a glorious beacon of lightPhilk is a glorious beacon of lightPhilk is a glorious beacon of lightPhilk is a glorious beacon of lightPhilk is a glorious beacon of lightPhilk is a glorious beacon of lightPhilk is a glorious beacon of lightPhilk is a glorious beacon of lightPhilk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWaring View Post
thanks again. I may leave it another few days, maybe until beg of next week and then try that option if no sign of payment. (Don't think I have ever wished for $400 odd to be charged to my credit card before lol).

Another question for you, although I don't think this is probably the right thread to ask it, have you done your process through London? I have a question regarding the DS-230. It states on Embassy London site that we just return part I of DS-230. Part II is the sworn statement. Do we not need to send this back too or does that get taken to the interview?
I took Part II with me and signed it as part of the interview
Philk is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2012, 12:37 pm   #12
ian-mstm
Sanctimonious Prick
 
ian-mstm's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 29,711

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWaring View Post
I sent the I-130 last week, payment hasn't gone out yet.
You need to be more patient... and other people's timelines will likely not be your timeline - so comparisons aren't really useful except as a guide to what happens next, but not when or how quickly things might happen.

You can not control the timeline for your case, but it's highly unlikely that anything bad has happened to your petition. Roughly 1,750 petitions (I-130) were filed last week... it'll take a while to get through them all.

Ian
__________________
No more Mr. Nice Guy!
-- vi veri veniversum vivus vici
ian-mstm is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2012, 1:43 pm   #13
jeffreyhy Male
Member
 
jeffreyhy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 14,046

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

Does that service apply to the USCIS field office? Did you use it for contacting the USCIS field office?

I thought that service was only for the consular section of the embassy. (The USCIS office is not a part of the embassy, even though its office is located in the embassy compound and it does have some web pages on the embassy's web site.)

Thanks.

Regards, JEff

EDIT: Question answered - I see fromt the USCIS web page for the London field office that that number does apply to the USCIS field office, as well as the consular section.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JSL8610 View Post
I suppose you could call the premium rate line. They won't be able to give you any information but they will give you a code that will allow you to receive a response if you email the embassy.
__________________
the other side of the coin

Last edited by jeffreyhy : Apr 26th 2012 at 2:02 pm.
jeffreyhy is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2012, 1:55 pm   #14
MrsWaring Female
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Inverness soon LaCrosse, WI
Posts: 343

MrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to allMrsWaring is a name known to all
Default Re: I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyhy View Post
Does that service apply to the USCIS field office? Did you use it for contacting the USCIS field office?
Is there a way of contacting USCIS at the Embassy in London? I have been searching and can't seem to find a number for USCIS. I am not too concerned yet as its been less than a week.
MrsWaring is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2012, 5:14 pm   #15
sanserif
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 48

sanserif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

Can't remember how long it took for my credit card to be charged but it was over two and possibly over three weeks and this was all very recently, so it seems quite likely they're just doing things a little slowly at the moment. I still haven't received any official notification.
sanserif is offline  
Closed Thread

 
  Subscribe to this Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

$ forumrules ***
Forum Jump


Top