Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Some NSC news to share, but not good.

Some NSC news to share, but not good.

Old Sep 17th 2002, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

L S Jones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some NSC news to share, but not good.

Well, after waiting on the NSC to approve my I-129f since 1st NOA on May 3'rd, I just got off the phone with the automated number and learned that they are sending a request for additional information.

I guess it isn't enough for them that I've had to wait 4 torturous months for the them to get around to my application, which I sweated blood over, now we have wait some more. How long? Who the Hell knows ???

I've never felt this combination of heartbreak, anger and frustration in my life. And now I have to break the bad news to my sweet Sokhy, who has been my strength and has never wavered throughout the whole process. How can I tell her that it will be another 4 months before she can even get things started on her end ?

I am crushed.

LSJ
Old Sep 17th 2002, 3:16 am
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Some NSC news to share, but not good.

LJ, I can only imagine how you feel. I sure hope I don't have the same experience when they finally look at mine. Hopefully it is something you can ship back the next day and get back into the que. Maybe it is better to think that they FINALLY looked at yours. And even if it's not what you hoped for, at least there is some action on your petition. There is some movement on it!

Hang in...do what you must. I hope this delay is only a small bump in the road for you.

-Don H

Originally posted by L S Jones:
Well, after waiting on the NSC to approve my I-129f since 1st NOA on May 3'rd, I just got off the phone with the automated number and learned that they are sending a request for additional information.

I guess it isn't enough for them that I've had to wait 4 torturous months for the them to get around to my application, which I sweated blood over, now we have wait some more. How long? Who the Hell knows ???

I've never felt this combination of heartbreak, anger and frustration in my life. And now I have to break the bad news to my sweet Sokhy, who has been my strength and has never wavered throughout the whole process. How can I tell her that it will be another 4 months before she can even get things started on her end ?

I am crushed.

LSJ
Old Sep 17th 2002, 3:55 pm
Sheryl

> >
    > > I've never felt this combination of heartbreak, anger and frustration
    > > in my life. And now I have to break the bad news to my sweet Sokhy,
    > > who has been my strength and has never wavered throughout the whole
    > > process. How can I tell her that it will be another 4 months before
    > > she can even get things started on her end ?
    > >
    > > I am crushed.
    > >
    > LSJ

I know your heartbreak, anger and frustration all too well. The
process of bringing my husband to the US has been the biggest battle
of my life. We have tried to be strong for one another throughout.
Sharing bad news, which in our case has been no news since filing last
March, is heartwrenching. This process has required incredible
sacrifice - in research, filing and waiting. It is emotionally and
physically difficult to be without our spouses. Maybe we'll look back
on this as having been an opportunity to establish our maritial
dedication and endurance early on. Certainly after we are finally
with our spouses we will be more appreciative than we would have been
otherwise. A very happy reunion with Sokhy is ahead...

Sheryl

Old Sep 17th 2002, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Sheryl:

otherwise. A very happy reunion with Sokhy is ahead...

Sheryl
Well thank you folks for the words of encouragement. Some of the anger has abated by this time. Now all I can do is wait for the snail mail and see what it is that they want. I am disapointed, but undaunted. And yes, perhaps the meeting will be all the sweeter for this.

LSJ
Old Sep 17th 2002, 9:23 pm
Gabriela

Just hang in there and it will all be done .I know that its hard to wait
and wait to be with your loved one again.Hopefully it wont take another 4
months as you said but only a few days or ltes say 2-3 weeks.
Keep the faith!

Gabriela

"L S Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:417816.1032286703@britishexpats-
.com
    > Originally posted by Sheryl:
    > >
    > > otherwise. A very happy reunion with Sokhy is ahead...
    > >
    > > Sheryl
    > >
    > Well thank you folks for the words of encouragement. Some of the anger
    > has abated by this time. Now all I can do is wait for the snail mail and
    > see what it is that they want. I am disapointed, but undaunted. And yes,
    > perhaps the meeting will be all the sweeter for this.
    > LSJ
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 17th 2002, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

leszke.1 is an unknown quantity at this point

LSJ I feel for you I really do. I am currently trying to play the 'Waiver Program to be with my beloved as much as possible (he is USC, I am UKC). It is one of the most unbelievingly underrated pieces of harship that I think anybody on the face of the earth has ever gone through. And the terrible thing is - only WE know it!!!!

I wonder if I could ask you a question? What did you file with the I-129F??? Just a short, concise list would help matters - I don't know if I will be able to furnish them with everything they need. What did you send??

Kaz.

I am crushed.

LSJ
Old Sep 18th 2002, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by leszke.1:
LSJ I feel for you I really do. I am currently trying to play the 'Waiver Program to be with my beloved as much as possible (he is USC, I am UKC). It is one of the most unbelievingly underrated pieces of harship that I think anybody on the face of the earth has ever gone through. And the terrible thing is - only WE know it!!!!

I wonder if I could ask you a question? What did you file with the I-129F??? Just a short, concise list would help matters - I don't know if I will be able to furnish them with everything they need. What did you send??

Kaz.

Kaz,

I agree that the rank and file don't have a clue as to how difficult this can be. I know that I used to think that all you did was get married to someone from another country, and they got a green card by default. I wish I was still that innocent.

What I sent to the IRS: (all copies fo rthe most part.)

Cover letter describing the contents of the package
Handwritten statements stating our love for each other and intent to marry
The I-129f form. (filled and checked my a lawyer @$100)
2 each, ADIT photos
2 G-325 forms, notorized
Copy of my Birth Certificate (front and back, with seal highlighted)
Copy of her Birth Certificate (obtained at great expense, original was destroyed during time of war) and translations.
Copy of my passport
Copy of her passport
Copy of my marriage license
Copy of my Divorce decree
Certified document confirming her eligibility to marry. And translation.
Airline e-ticket purchase confirmation.
Copy of airline ticket, Bangkok-Phnom Penh
Copies of Thai and Cambodian stamps in my passport
Copies of 4 photos of us together. (We look happy)
Copy of receipt for engagement ring. (Finally got it paid off too!)
Copies of 3 handwritten letters from Sokhy
Copies of 3 e-mails from Sokhy
Copies of wire transfers I made to her.

I simply can't wait to see what I did wrong.
Old Sep 18th 2002, 3:01 am
Greg Johnson

oh I am so sorry to hear that ( That is a major bummer (

I can only wish you the best and hope that what they want is easy to
for you to give them and not something totally stupid so you can send
it back right away.

Good luck! And hang in there. It will eventually come.

I am not sure but I dont think that they start you at ethe 'back of the
list' again
when you send the information. but I am just guessing. I hope not!

-- Greg

"L S Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:417112.1032226891@britishexpats-
.com
    > Well, after waiting on the NSC to approve my I-129f since 1st NOA on May
    > 3'rd, I just got off the phone with the automated number and learned
    > that they are sending a request for additional information.
    > I guess it isn't enough for them that I've had to wait 4 torturous
    > months for the them to get around to my application, which I
    > sweated blood over, now we have wait some more. How long? Who the
    > Hell knows ???
    > I've never felt this combination of heartbreak, anger and frustration in
    > my life. And now I have to break the bad news to my sweet Sokhy, who has
    > been my strength and has never wavered throughout the whole process. How
    > can I tell her that it will be another 4 months before she can even get
    > things started on her end ?
    > I am crushed.
    > LSJ
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 18th 2002, 8:02 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Kaz,

I agree that the rank and file don't have a clue as to how difficult this can be. I know that I used to think that all you did was get married to someone from another country, and they got a green card by default. I wish I was still that innocent.

2 each, ADIT photos
2 G-325 forms, notorized
Copy of her Birth Certificate (obtained at great expense, original was destroyed during time of war) and translations.
Copy of my passport
Copy of her passport

Maybe this:
"$110 - 129F Application"

The fees went up in February.
Old Sep 18th 2002, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: Some NSC news to share, but not good.

Originally posted by meauxna:

Maybe this:
"$110 - 129F Application"

The fees went up in February.
Good point, but no. I didn't list it cause I didn't see it in my duplicate application package. The way I understand it, the 1st NOA is also your receipt for payment. (Of course I understand it so well that my application was just kicked back for more evidence.) :-(
Old Sep 18th 2002, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi friend -

I don't want to seem pesimistic, but I read your list of what you sent with the I-129F and have a couple of comments:-

You only have one prior piece of proof that she visited you? One airline ticket doesn't seem very much to be basing a marriage on......

You only submitted 4 photos of you together? Just 4 photos may not suggest to them that you are very close or have been in a long-term relationship.......

3 handwritten letters and 3 email? I think you know what's coming......
3 letters of either doesn't really seem to be enough evidence that you've spent three months together, let alone justifying them giving you the rest of your life together........

And before you think I'm coming down on you like a ton of bricks - I'm not. I am not even engaged yet to my boyfriend USC, and every time I visit him it's like physical self-torture when I have to leave - I make myself physically sick for weeks on both ends of the Atlantic. I KNOW what it is like.
But, if we apply for a K1, I would expect to have to bombard the INS with over 20 letters and gifts that I have sent him, a birthday gift he gave me, a video he sent me of his house and his pets playing before I went over for the first time, all the copies of my emails to him over the past 2 years (estiamted at over 200) all the copies of emails he has sent to me, including Valentine's cards etc. (estimated at over 200 also), evidence of all 3 of my trips to visit him (ticket stubs, eticket receipts, FOOD receipts, dinner date receipts!), and multiple photo albums full of pictures of us together.

I'm sorry, and I know that I've probably made your day that lil' bit more unbearable by mentioning all this - but, well, that's what I would expect to have to send. In fact, that's what I have sitting up in my bedroom right now, waiting........

All I need now is some time with him (NOT guaranteed on the 'Waiver as I have just found out) to ask him if he wants to marry. Simple!

Hope we're still friends, I feel for your heartbreaking situation - you WILL get there - I get feelings about these things and yours is a good one!!!!

Hope you can take my advice as constructive,

Kaz. -xxx-

Kaz,

2 each, ADIT photos
2 G-325 forms, notorized
Copy of my passport
Copy of her passport

Old Sep 18th 2002, 3:28 pm
mca
Forum Regular

mca is an unknown quantity at this point

But, if we apply for a K1, I would expect to have to bombard the INS with over 20 letters and gifts that I have sent him, a birthday gift he gave me, a video he sent me of his house and his pets playing before I went over for the first time, all the copies of my emails to him over the past 2 years (estiamted at over 200) all the copies of emails he has sent to me, including Valentine's cards etc. (estimated at over 200 also), evidence of all 3 of my trips to visit him (ticket stubs, eticket receipts, FOOD receipts, dinner date receipts!), and multiple photo albums full of pictures of us together.

... well, that's what I would expect to have to send. In fact, that's what I have sitting up in my bedroom right now, waiting........

This is fine to have, but not really what you need for the petition. The main point of the petition is to prove you have met within the last two years, at least how I understand it. You do send in evidence of relationship, but what you are listing sounds like overkill to me. That stuff would be good/necessary to have at the interview, however.

Keep in mind that not everyone is big on photographs, and not to mention the INS doesn't want to sort through stacks and stacks of unneccesary emails and paper.

(and food(?) receipts don't really prove anything, unless both your names are listed on them)

my opinion
mca
Old Sep 18th 2002, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

hmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been a bit nervous about getting a RFE myself. My fiance and I only have one picture of us together that we sent with our paperwork. Has nothing to do with us not being in love, neither one of us are big on being photographed anyway, and when we were together we weren't thinking, "we have to do this for the INS". It was about us being together and being ourselves. So far I haven't heard of anyone being denied for not having enough pictures, especially when other evidence is abundant.

I have also read a few posts from people who have received the RFE, sent it back and had there approvals within a few days to a week. So it is my understanding that you don't go to the bottom of the pile again.

Best wishes to all who are waiting
Old Sep 18th 2002, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

So what would you classify as evidence of you having met within the last 2 years - if not all my flight ticket stubs and Eticket receipts, etc. etc. etc.?

I've also been told that it's better to flood the INS with too much proof than not enough!!! :-P

Kaz.

Originally posted by mca:

This is fine to have, but not really what you need for the petition. The main point of the petition is to prove you have met within the last two years, at least how I understand it. You do send in evidence of relationship, but what you are listing sounds like overkill to me. That stuff would be good/necessary to have at the interview, however.

Keep in mind that not everyone is big on photographs, and not to mention the INS doesn't want to sort through stacks and stacks of unneccesary emails and paper.

(and food(?) receipts don't really prove anything, unless both your names are listed on them)

my opinion
mca
Old Sep 18th 2002, 11:41 pm
mca
Forum Regular

mca is an unknown quantity at this point

So what would you classify as evidence of you having met within the last 2 years - if not all my flight ticket stubs and Eticket receipts, etc. etc. etc.?

I've also been told that it's better to flood the INS with too much proof than not enough!!! :-P

Kaz.
I agree that your flight ticket stubs and eticket receipts are valid evidence of having met within the last two years. Pictures, obviously, too. Relevant receipts, of course. I also agree it's better to bombard them with evidence of the relationship - at the interview.

However, you also mentioned sending, with your petition, (I guess this is the "etc. etc. etc.") videos, gifts, food receipts, printouts of hundreds of emails, a couple dozen letters. This is what I was referring to as overkill. If you're sending a file ten inches thick for your petition, I'd be more inclined to believe it would get stuck at the bottom of a stack for a while, until someone wants to wade through it.

I'm not saying it's not needed at ALL for the petition. But more than a few people have had their petitions approved with far less evidence than you suggested.

And like I said, it's my opinion.
mca

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.