Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport Renewal taking a really long time

UK Passport Renewal taking a really long time

Old Mar 1st 2011, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of
Default UK Passport Renewal taking a really long time

I applied for a UK passport on January 7th 2011. This is a straightforward renewal and I am surprised that it is taking so long. On the website it says 4 weeks, but I contacted the Embassy in DC and was told I could expect it back in 2-3 weeks because this isn't a terribly busy time for them. I was wondering if anyone submitted their application at around this time and received their passport yet? I tried calling their helpline in Scotland and this was quite useless.

Last edited by BILDER; Mar 1st 2011 at 4:01 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 4:33 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport Renewal taking a really long time

I sent Dh's in of Feb 11th. No sign yet, I've been watching to see if they charge the mastercard, that seems to signal it's getting ready to send back.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I sent Dh's in of Feb 11th. No sign yet, I've been watching to see if they charge the mastercard, that seems to signal it's getting ready to send back.
Yes, thanks for reminding me they took the payment from my Visa on the 24th of Jan., so I was pleasantly surprised, but as of yet... nothing.

Last edited by BILDER; Mar 1st 2011 at 5:20 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Chrissey will become famous soon enough

I posted mine 12th Feb, I sent a money order thought it may have been quicker to process it. It should be what it's like in the UK, where you can get an email to track it, are at least fast track it for a renewal. I spoke to the UPS today and they said it takes 2 days to deliver from Washington DC and they don't work Saturday.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

xj_12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the same boat. Sent in my application Jan, was charged processing fees + shipment fees Jan,- apparently indicating its being processed. Since then nothing, and no way to find out status. The helpline is not very useful.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

CandiceJC is an unknown quantity at this point

The embassy in DC received my application on Feb 1st and I haven't heard anything yet. Unfortunately I didn't pay by Credit card (I sent a money order instead) so I have no way of checking if they've even cashed the order yet. I'm travelling on March 24th so I really hope I get it before then.
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:09 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you contact Dean Churm, the British Consul... yes, really!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=93085

Ian
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I suggest you contact Dean Churm, the British Consul... yes, really!

Ian
Ah fantastic! Will do. Thanks Ian.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Chrissey will become famous soon enough

Has anyone received there PP yet? as of today mine still hasnt come,
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chrissey
Has anyone received there PP yet? as of today mine still hasnt come,
I received mine on March 4th. I have to friends that are still waiting for theirs. They submitted their applications at about the same time I did.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

bikerguy is an unknown quantity at this point

They received mine on Feb 14th and I was travelling on March 24th. I called the helpline to check to see if I would receive it in time, they are only able to tell you if the application is being processed. One person told me another 3 weeks and that was last week. I received it today March 14th. Exactly a month.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

yalecurator is an unknown quantity at this point

Like some of the other posters, I am experiencing problems with renewing my UK passport. The application has been at the Embassy in DC for three weeks, and when I checked with my credit card account on the weekend, they had not collected yet payment. I also discovered that there had been fraudulent activity on my credit card, and the company closed down the account, which will mean that payment will be declined on the account, and presumably they will return my application and I will have to start again.

Careline said that they could not help, as the application was not live yet. Does anyone have any advice? I am booked to go to the UK on April 14 to see my elderly and very frail mother. Perhaps nwtspam will be able to send me the e-mail address of his contact in DC. Or perhaps the kind and authoritative Dean might advise?

This is my first post, so profuse apologies if it violates any protocols. I have already posted it on the site, but posted it on a Canada thread by accident - apologies for cross-posting! Many thanks to any respondents.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

fathermike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yalecurator
Like some of the other posters, I am experiencing problems with renewing my UK passport. The application has been at the Embassy in DC for three weeks, and when I checked with my credit card account on the weekend, they had not collected yet payment. I also discovered that there had been fraudulent activity on my credit card, and the company closed down the account, which will mean that payment will be declined on the account, and presumably they will return my application and I will have to start again.

Careline said that they could not help, as the application was not live yet. Does anyone have any advice? I am booked to go to the UK on April 14 to see my elderly and very frail mother. Perhaps nwtspam will be able to send me the e-mail address of his contact in DC. Or perhaps the kind and authoritative Dean might advise?

This is my first post, so profuse apologies if it violates any protocols. I have already posted it on the site, but posted it on a Canada thread by accident - apologies for cross-posting! Many thanks to any respondents.
I would send a personal message to Dean, he has always been very quick to respond and helpful to me.

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 3:42 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yalecurator
I am experiencing problems with renewing my UK passport.
Has your UK passport actually expired? Will it expire while you're in the UK?

Ian
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

yalecurator is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! I only joined last night and have to wait 24 hours and make three posts, but this is my third one, and I can contact him tonight! Renewed thanks!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.