Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bars and Stuff to do in Washington DC

Bars and Stuff to do in Washington DC

Old Feb 20th 2012, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

ols-london is a jewel in the roughols-london is a jewel in the roughols-london is a jewel in the roughols-london is a jewel in the rough
Default Bars and Stuff to do in Washington DC

Hoping you guys can help me!

I'm visiting a friend in May and shes letting me stay with her for free so I wanna take her out for dinner and clubbing afterwards. Was hoping you had suggestions. Shes gonna suggest places because she lives there but I want to surprise her!

Cheers
Old Feb 20th 2012, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice
Default Re: Bars and Stuff to do in Washington DC

is she actually in DC or over in Georgetown???

I love visiting DC so give us an idea of budgets because I can recommend very pricey or cheap and cheeful...

Have a look on Yelp and you get DC users ratings as well...
Old Feb 20th 2012, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njmackem
is she actually in DC or over in Georgetown???
Georgetown is in DC.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

DC has some very good night clubs. The 9:30 Club is probably the best known. This web site has some good info on clubs etc:

www.dcclubbing.com

There are loads of good restaurants. What sort of cuisine are you looking for?

http://www.washingtonian.com/section...est/index.html
Old Feb 20th 2012, 7:43 pm
IPM
Forum Regular

IPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to all

Drinking options I could recommend include:

Off the Record (quality cocktails and ambience, White House/K Street crowd)
Church Key (14th St, good beer menu and atmosphere)
Bourbon (Glover Park, consistent, good bourbon card etc)
Martins Tavern (Georgetown, old school, eclectic mix of punters)
Old Feb 20th 2012, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
DC has some very good night clubs. The 9:30 Club is probably the best known. This web site has some good info on clubs etc:

www.dcclubbing.com

There are loads of good restaurants. What sort of cuisine are you looking for?

http://www.washingtonian.com/section...est/index.html
Although the 9.30 is a live music venue rather than a nightclub. I would book a table at the POV - for a couple of cocktails - its a cool bar at the top of the W hotel overlooking the White House, then dinner at The Ebbitt Grill - and for a cool nightclub you should try Josephines, or Eden.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by katybluewater
Although the 9.30 is a live music venue rather than a nightclub. I would book a table at the POV - for a couple of cocktails - its a cool bar at the top of the W hotel overlooking the White House, then dinner at The Ebbitt Grill - and for a cool nightclub you should try Josephines, or Eden.
I assume you mean the Old Ebbitt Grill near the White House? I've been there a few times. The food is excellent.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
I assume you mean the Old Ebbitt Grill near the White House? I've been there a few times. The food is excellent.
Yes - its a lovely restaurant - with quite a bit of history too.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

ols-london is a jewel in the roughols-london is a jewel in the roughols-london is a jewel in the roughols-london is a jewel in the rough

Cheers guys loads of good suggestions. I will have a pretty good budget because i aint paying for a hotel im crashing on the couch! saves a ton! she lives capitol hill.

You guys are the best!