Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

help writing a portuguese cheque.

help writing a portuguese cheque.

Old Feb 7th 2011, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

charlton1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help writing a portuguese cheque.

i need some help writing a portuguese cheque from millenium bcp bank.

what do i need to write in the following.

nao a ordem
a quantia de(i assume thats the amount)
local de emissao

Thank you
Old Feb 7th 2011, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Nettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really nice
Default Re: help writing a portuguese cheque.

Originally Posted by charlton1969
i need some help writing a portuguese cheque from millenium bcp bank.

what do i need to write in the following.

nao a ordem
a quantia de(i assume thats the amount)
local de emissao

Thank you
A ordem de is who it's payable to, but with nao in front of it is no order, so perhaps someone else can help you with that. My Montepio cheques don't have that on them, just a ordem de
a quantia de is indeed the amount payable
local de emmisao is the branch where the account is held (e.g. Tavira/Faro, whatever))
Hope that helps!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Troia is just really niceTroia is just really niceTroia is just really niceTroia is just really niceTroia is just really niceTroia is just really niceTroia is just really niceTroia is just really nice

Local de emissão is the place (city or village) to which the payment is related, or where you are when you fill the check. Or may be also the branch localizatio. Not essencial to be accurate and can be left blank in which case the branch localization will be the dfefault.

Last edited by Troia; Feb 7th 2011 at 5:23 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

The "nao a ordem" part is appearing on many cheques now... if it has this then the cheque can only be cashed to the person it is written out to! (the person it is payable to can not sign the back of the cheque and give it to someone else.... as is often done here) hmmm....did I make any sense there?!

p.s our Montepio cheques have this now(although I think my wife requested them like that)
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

pandb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gedscottish
The "nao a ordem" part is appearing on many cheques now... if it has this then the cheque can only be cashed to the person it is written out to! (the person it is payable to can not sign the back of the cheque and give it to someone else.... as is often done here) hmmm....did I make any sense there?!

p.s our Montepio cheques have this now(although I think my wife requested them like that)
ie - a crossed cheque
Old Feb 8th 2011, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Nettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really niceNettienut is just really nice

Originally Posted by pandb
ie - a crossed cheque
Ah - that makes sense. Thanks!
Old Feb 8th 2011, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pandb
ie - a crossed cheque
thats the word!