Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What's your favorite thing about the US?

What's your favorite thing about the US?

Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

cjreisen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's your favorite thing about the US?

Just curious as to what everyone loves about the USA here! I'm new to this forum, but I'd love to hear what all of you have to say! I always read about what people dislike, now I'd like to hear the positives. What can I say, I am an optimist
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your favorite thing about the US?

Originally Posted by cjreisen
Just curious as to what everyone loves about the USA here! I'm new to this forum, but I'd love to hear what all of you have to say! I always read about what people dislike, now I'd like to hear the positives. What can I say, I am an optimist
the friendliness of the people....the coffee and half & half
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:22 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

my husband
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
my husband
The Lewiston Bridge crossing into Canada...second favourite is Newark Airport.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:24 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

The...er....er......hang on......er......be with you in a minute........
ah yes......the freedom and bravery.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kimilseung
hahahaha - love this!
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious as to what everyone loves about the USA here! I'm new to this forum, but I'd love to hear what all of you have to say!
I like living in Kentucky... I like having the right to carry a firearm pretty much whenever I want, and I like not needing a front license plate on my car!

Ian
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

And I thought Americans were immature haha.

Come on you guys, be serious. No need for such blatant pessimism, especially when you're as lucky as you are.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the weather and the space as well as the experiences and opportunities my kids have had here that they would never have had in the Uk
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

And I thought Americans were immature haha.

Come on you guys, be serious. No need for such blatant pessimism, especially when you're as lucky as you are.
Several of us are Americans.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Several of us are Americans.
That's beside the point.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:52 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

That's beside the point.
What do you like about it?
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

That's beside the point.
No it's not...you said 'Americans were immature'.

Just pulling your chain...you'll get used to the sense of humour on here.

to BE.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

SATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really nice

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I like living in Kentucky... I like having the right to carry a firearm pretty much whenever I want, and I like not needing a front license plate on my car!

Ian
Originally Posted by lisa67
I like the weather and the space as well as the experiences and opportunities my kids have had here that they would never have had in the Uk
These are things my kids and wife love. Mainly the freedom to do what you want on your own property / land / house.

More space, lots of room to explore. Ditto on the opportunities for the kids growing up. My wife mentions that constantly.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

Haha, ok, I am sorry to have judged too quickly, I did think it was funny though! Except, Newark is the worst NY metro airport, I prefer LaGuardia, especially since its so close to my apartment on the upper east side! $20 taxi ride? I'll take it!

And what I like about the US is the diversity in every aspect of life. You can experience any climate you like, you can see people of any ethnicity or origin, you can move to 2000 miles away and still be in the same land mass. I love the fact that there is something for everyone here, if you want something and haven't found it, you just haven't looked hard enough. I like the economical diversity, you can visibly see the economical differences in cities as close as NYC, Boston, Washington DC, and Philadelphia. I like the diversity of architecture, how you can see completely different architecture in New England, The Pac Northwest, The Southwest, The mountains, and the southeast. There's just so much diversity here, and I love it. Especially diversity of accents, I love to hear the different American accents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.