teaching at Al yasmina

Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

sun5hine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default teaching at Al yasmina

Hi. I've been offered an interview at this school and want to know what it's like to work there and is the pay, housing etc good. I currently live in the north of the UK and will have to travel to london which will be quite expensive. Do you think al yasmina would be a wise move ? I need to send a reply asap. any helpful comments will be much appreciated. thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:58 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: teaching at Al yasmina

Originally Posted by sun5hine
Hi. I've been offered an interview at this school and want to know what it's like to work there and is the pay, housing etc good. I currently live in the north of the UK and will have to travel to london which will be quite expensive. Do you think al yasmina would be a wise move ? I need to send a reply asap. any helpful comments will be much appreciated. thanks
Where on earth is this school? We are not mind readers, you know.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:18 am
Just Joined

susanbeardmore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lionheart
Where on earth is this school? We are not mind readers, you know.
a little more info please
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

al yasmina is in abu dhabi, its a new school that was opening last year, it is run by aldar the property developer. They started with refurbing a school in abu dhabi town, called Pearl, this is a primary school. They built Al Yasmina from scratch, this is located off island, in their development called Raha Gardens, it you google its close to AD Golf Club and Raha Beach. This year they have refurbed another school in abu dhabi town, called it Al Muna, this is a primary school. I know people that have kids at these schools, and i have heard more good than bad. The Headteacher was the senior head at BSAK, which is the original british school in abu dhabi. Aldar are developing another new school on the island, in bateen area, but meant to be opening next academic year, not sure that will happen as i cant see any sign of any school buildings rising out of the ground, we will see. I would defo go for an interview, its a nice school. Cant help on the whereabouts of accommodation, i think they are dotted around the place. i would need more information.

hope this feels some gaps.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

You could always try asking on www.tes.co.uk

or Daves ESL cafe

Regardless, Yasmina is one of the ''top 5'' So I cant see the salary being that crap, plus as The owners of the school are Aldar which are one of the biggest property companies here, I cant see the accomadation being that bad either.

My Suggestion is go for the interview..you can get a cheap train ticket from Newcastle, Darlo or York, Depends on how far North you are, and then once you have something like a proposed salary and location of an apartment, come back on here and we should be able to give you more Info.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Arcadia;8272534]You could always try asking on www.tes.co.uk

or Daves ESL cafe

Regardless, Yasmina is one of the ''top 5'' So I cant see the salary being that crap, plus as The owners of the school are Aldar which are one of the biggest property companies here, I cant see the accomadation being that bad either.

top 5, haha, there arent that many brit schools in abudhabi. bsak (nonprofit) and cambridge (gems) are the original ones, next come aldar with their 3 schools the original pearl its third year, yasmina second year, muna first year, aldar schools are run by a lot of ex-bsak teachers/staff, and then the new one bisad, which is run by nord anglia opened this sept.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

sun5hine is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the replies. Im sorry I should have said that the school is in abu dhabi. but some of you know about it anyway. i'll let you now how i get on. in the meantime any other info will be appreciated.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sun5hine
thanks for the replies. Im sorry I should have said that the school is in abu dhabi. but some of you know about it anyway. i'll let you now how i get on. in the meantime any other info will be appreciated.
what more do you want to know? as i can find out perhaps
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly! One of the top five.

Al khobairat
ACS
Al Yasmina
Pearl
Al Muna.

Who mentioned British? The top schools dont automatically have to be British.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Arcadia
Exactly! One of the top five.

Al khobairat
ACS
Al Yasmina
Pearl
Al Muna.

Who mentioned British? The top schools dont automatically have to be British.
because we are talking about a british curriculum school and its Al Khubairat not Al Khobairat, and ACS is the only US curriculum school in your list, if you want top 5, RIS is a pretty good school too, they may be peeved that its not in the top 5.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Don't even try and correct my spelling BB, your lack of punctuation is horrendous..

I based ''The top five'' on the most desirable schools (by parents), being a KG teacher I know that these schools are on the wish list for most parents. RIS is never mentioned.

The list I gave seem to be the top five of around 10 ''decent'' schools in AD.

But then again, nobody knows more than you do they? Especially about Al KhObairat..cos your never away from the place.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Arcadia
Don't even try and correct my spelling BB, your lack of punctuation is horrendous..

I based ''The top five'' on the most desirable schools (by parents), being a KG teacher I know that these schools are on the wish list for most parents. RIS is never mentioned.

The list I gave seem to be the top five of around 10 ''decent'' schools in AD.

But then again, nobody knows more than you do they? Especially about Al KhObairat..cos your never away from the place.
hahaha cant be bothered with punctation, and yes "some" people may know as much as me, but then everyone has different opinions on the same subject. i was correcting the fact that we are talking about a british school and then you come along and say top 5 with acs in it, which is not british curriculum, thats the point i was making. ris is a different school entirely, as its ib curriculum as bisad will be a different curriculum school entirely from the british schools again. like for like thats the point i am making. and to correct your comments about al khubairat, if it helps anybody else with any questions then that is good, and if you dont like that then you can "just stop listening" nobody is forcing you to take what i say, i cant quite understand why people cannot just take what information they need and ignore the rest they dont need, but hey ho! there are some queer folk but perhaps i havent spelt everything correct, and perhaps you should go back to putting on your KG teacher hat on again.