Is IELTS Mandatory ?

Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:23 am
Just Joined

krish_vamsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is IELTS Mandatory ?

Hi All,

I am from Bangalore , India. I am in the Software field with 7 years of experience. I am in the process of migrating to Australia. I have applied for skill assesment with ACS and waiting for the results. Before proceeding with DIAC with my immigration I want to know If I should take IELTS for sure or not. Can one of you explain me about this.

Thanks
vamsi
Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:10 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is IELTS Mandatory ?

Hi vamsi,

Everyone must take the IELTS unless they have a passport from UK, Ireland, USA and Canada.

So, yes, you must take the IELTS and prove your english language ability.

Good luck.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

gemsrare is on a distinguished road

yes ielsts is mandatory for all applicants 18+..

that is pretty much easy and you should be able to score 7 with 2 weeks of prepration.

if you need 25 points then you need to score more.

BR
GEMS RARE
Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

bahaa.mourad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gemsrare
yes ielsts is mandatory for all applicants 18+..

that is pretty much easy and you should be able to score 7 with 2 weeks of prepration.

if you need 25 points then you need to score more.

BR
GEMS RARE
I guess its band score 6 what needed at least for the 15 points for the competend status

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ty-english.htm
thanks all
but what is the time frame for the ielts ? when its calculated ?
Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

pradeep22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by krish_vamsi
Hi All,

I am from Bangalore , India. I am in the Software field with 7 years of experience. I am in the process of migrating to Australia. I have applied for skill assesment with ACS and waiting for the results. Before proceeding with DIAC with my immigration I want to know If I should take IELTS for sure or not. Can one of you explain me about this.

Thanks
vamsi

IELTS is mandatory but You can schedule IELTS exam and apply for DIAC. Later you can submit the results. I am also doing the same way.

pradeep
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Originally Posted by pradeep22
IELTS is mandatory but You can schedule IELTS exam and apply for DIAC. Later you can submit the results. I am also doing the same way.

pradeep
Well if don't have the passport from UK, Ireland, USA and Canada, then u need to do the IELTS first , applying without the IELTS will cause the rejection of ur case. Check the following link

Cheers
Malik
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

pradeep22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
Well if don't have the passport from UK, Ireland, USA and Canada, then u need to do the IELTS first , applying without the IELTS will cause the rejection of ur case. Check the following link

Cheers
Malik
Eventhough it says, wont reject your appilication but you have to submit IELTS before a CASE office assings. In the appliction you have to give exam schedule reference. I have already submit my application to DIAC and they have acknoledged. I have booked my IELTS August. One of my friend had also done the same way.

cheers
pradeep
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Originally Posted by pradeep22
Eventhough it says, wont reject your appilication but you have to submit IELTS before a CASE office assings. In the appliction you have to give exam schedule reference. I have already submit my application to DIAC and they have acknoledged. I have booked my IELTS August. One of my friend had also done the same way.

cheers
pradeep
Well check the following replies of George Lombard, who is one of the authentic migration consultant
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=IELTS

Also replies of welshtony
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=IELTS

Cheers
Malik

Last edited by Malikkhi; Sep 16th 2008 at 12:21 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:28 am
Just Joined

krish_vamsi is an unknown quantity at this point

all,
thanks for the information.. now i hv started my preperation for IELTS.. hopefully before my ACS results I should complete my IELTS...
Is IELTS mandatory for my wife also ??
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:32 am
Just Joined

slatdb is an unknown quantity at this point

IELTS not difficult. You can find lots of test materials in the web. Your wife needs at least average band score of 4.5 otherwise you need to pay second installment

Last edited by slatdb; Sep 18th 2008 at 3:39 am.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:59 am
Just Joined

viakruz2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Good day!

I was just new to this, and would like to ask questions, don't know where to post.

Is the Skilled Independent visa specifically on Computing Professionals (nec) occupation for AUS requires a 7 IELTS band score on all 4 modules?

And an additional question, is Computing Professionals (nec) can be appealed as demand occupation even if it isn't present on the list of current MODL list?

Just asking question because I've been asking a lot of online migration agent and some information were not accurate.

I would be glad for a response. Thanks.

Old Dec 11th 2008, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

maverick2050 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by viakruz2k
Hello Good day!

I was just new to this, and would like to ask questions, don't know where to post.

Is the Skilled Independent visa specifically on Computing Professionals (nec) occupation for AUS requires a 7 IELTS band score on all 4 modules?

And an additional question, is Computing Professionals (nec) can be appealed as demand occupation even if it isn't present on the list of current MODL list?

Just asking question because I've been asking a lot of online migration agent and some information were not accurate.

I would be glad for a response. Thanks.

Scoring a 7 in all four modules will fetch you 25 points and it isn't mandatory unless and until of course you need them. Computing professionals (NEC) is part of the SOL and you can very well apply if you belong to this category.

Last edited by maverick2050; Dec 11th 2008 at 3:12 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by maverick2050
Scoring a 7 in all four modules will fetch you 25 points and it isn't mandatory unless and until of course you need them. Computing professionals (NEC) is part of the SOL and you can very well apply if you belong to this category.
Thanks for reply.

The problem was, I am under independent skilled migration requires 120 points. Now, based on my initial assessment I got 120 (considering my IELTS) but then an agent told that I can even get higher score having my nominated occupation considered as demand that is 10 points additional. Am I right about this?

But I'm trying to make sure that I'll get a high score on IELTS, but not that confident at this time.

Old Dec 11th 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

maverick2050 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by viakruz2k
Thanks for reply.

The problem was, I am under independent skilled migration requires 120 points. Now, based on my initial assessment I got 120 (considering my IELTS) but then an agent told that I can even get higher score having my nominated occupation considered as demand that is 10 points additional. Am I right about this?

But I'm trying to make sure that I'll get a high score on IELTS, but not that confident at this time.

I don't think I'll be able to answer the first part of your question. Your agent would be the best person to do so.

IELTS would definitely be the best bet to score those "additional" points and you can score 25 points easily. Just be slightly careful with the Reading section since that's where a lot of people screw up. It's not tough but is tricky! Other three sections are a walk in the park
Old Dec 11th 2008, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by maverick2050
I don't think I'll be able to answer the first part of your question. Your agent would be the best person to do so.

IELTS would definitely be the best bet to score those "additional" points and you can score 25 points easily. Just be slightly careful with the Reading section since that's where a lot of people screw up. It's not tough but is tricky! Other three sections are a walk in the park
I appreciate it.

So, the agent can appeal that mine Computing Professional (nec) can be demand that can adds up points?

Again, thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.