medical exam

Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:44 am
Just Joined

sadman is an unknown quantity at this point
Post medical exam

Is medical exam requires before you entering Kuwait for employment purpose if you are coming from Canada or USA or you can do it in Kuwait after you get your work permit?

Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:31 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical exam

If you mean the medical test that's part of the process of obtaining a residence visa, then it'll happen after you've arrived in Kuwait.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Post Re: medical exam FOR kUWAIT

YES, DO YOU MEAN THAT THERE IS NO TEST BEFORE YOU ENTER KUWAIT?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical exam FOR kUWAIT

Originally Posted by sadman
ohhh, don't shout...!!!

if it's the same as dubai, you just get tested there...

MM, xx
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:58 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

No need to shout...

AFAIK, there is no medical test before you enter Kuwait. In any event, most (all?) Gulf countries will not accept the results of tests done in another country.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 2:11 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

How to win friends......
Old Apr 13th 2008, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

He obviously is very worried about something.
Just stop itching down there and hopefully nobody will notice......
Old Apr 13th 2008, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Post Re: medical exam

that is very funny guys, HAHA. Seriously, I’m not too worried; just need some info from those whom already went through the process. my company sent me a medical forum ( is like a questioners for my doctor to check me out)this forum is about history and current physical status . There is no mention in forum that i need to do blood test or X-ray for example? Do the embassy has different forums that i need to fill?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Sadman (why do you have such a miserable screen name?) - here is the skinny on the Kuwait med tests for residence visa. The form that your co has sent you is, I imagine, an internal form and not the official Ministry form...

The medical tests are taken at the ports & Borders Health Division, Gamal Abdul Nasser Street, in Shuwaikh, just west of KISR but befor the chest Hospital is reached. Requirements are passport, copy of NOC, a single photography and KD 10 revenue stamp. Revenue Stamps are available from post office, or from private traders out-side the test area who charge a small premium over the nominal value of the stamp.
To take the test, a pink card must be obtained from a reception window. There is no system of appointments and most people must queue for the various procedures. These include a chest x-ray and blood tests for serious infectious diseases, such as HIV(AIDS), TB, hepatitis B&C, typhoid and malaria. A meningitis vaccination is also given. It takes about a week for the results, which are givien in the form Ministry of public Health, to come through. Persons found to be infected with epidemic diseases are deported.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

thanks shakh your bootie for this info, my question is do I have to do tests for HIV(AIDS), TB, hepatitis B&C, typhoid and malaria Before entering Kuwait? i know after entering Kuwait i have to do it, but is it requires before enter Kuwait as well?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:39 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

thanks shakh your bootie for this info, my question is do I have to do tests for HIV(AIDS), TB, hepatitis B&C, typhoid and malaria Before entering Kuwait? i know after entering Kuwait i have to do it, but is it requires before enter Kuwait as well?
are you planning to catch something in between....what does it matter...
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:21 am
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

Sorry but I don't think you are being well informed.

I have looked at the Kuait Embassy site which is very specific. I assume that your's will be about the same.

You can come in at any time on a visit visa. You are not allowed to work. Some people do though and convert the visa on arrival and avoid the repeat medicals.

If you have to arrange a work permit then you need a suite of tests and then you repeat them in Kuwait. Some of the tests in Kuwait are additional. (such as blood group for your ID Card)

You need

XRay, Western Blot (HIV) three Hepatitis tests, Filaraisis and malaria, Syph and other TB stuff. You need a general medical certificate which is a letter from a doctor saying you are fit.

If you have children then they have to prove innoculations. This is clearly laid out in the Kuwait Embassy site for UK.

Now sometimes they do not require the medical before arrival in which case you will be sent to Bahrain to get them done. The medicals will be done again (incl the Xray!!) by the local medical services. The principle is risk management and the standard is the same for somene from Sylhet as from Ontario.

You should speak to your employer about this. You will not avoid one set of tests - you will get two. If you have been resident in Africa you will get meduicals annually = certainly HIV.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:25 am
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

http://www.kuwaitinfo.org.uk/pdf/Wor...ce%20Notes.pdf

Website for medical requirements for UK residents which shoild be taken as indicative.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Old Lob very much for this valuable info. I just been informed by my agent that i do not require doing medical test except what the company sent already for general health status. He mentioned that i probably will not need the Embassy at all. Once my work visa is ready, it will either be sent to carry with you, or will be deposited at the immigration desk in Kuwait Airport with a copy sent to you for reference/airline purposes. I will have to do the test in Kuwait instead. Now how true is this info is, time will tell.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:25 am
Banned

Sorry, That looks like a visit visa to me. A work permit is issued at your embassy - in Canada and is put in your passport.

If you are Canadian then you do not need an agent you can just buy a visa at the airport - costs about 20 US at most. You cannot work with one (a visit visa). I hope that this all goes well but I think your agent is not doing this correctly but it is not unique. I think you will have to go to Bahrain to sort out your medicals. If you are working for Alghanim then - as a good company - they will do this for you but then again, as a good company they would have fixed the work permit first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.