Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Which USA companies offer work visa's?

Which USA companies offer work visa's?

Old Aug 11th 2010, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

TAJ4Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which USA companies offer work visa's?

Hi all,

Looking to find work in Iowa, Des Moines and wanted to know what the best job site/s is/are to look for work either in that state or U.S.A in general but at the same time hoping they offer work visa's.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

rculater will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Which USA companies offer work visa's?

Here, this should help.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=639856

P.S have you met in person yet ?

Good luck.

Last edited by rculater; Aug 11th 2010 at 12:02 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TAJ4Life
Hi all,

Looking to find work in Iowa, Des Moines and wanted to know what the best job site/s is/are to look for work either in that state or U.S.A in general but at the same time hoping they offer work visa's.
I see from your past posts that you are actually wanting to go to the USA to live with your girlfriend, is that still the case? Have you two met in person yet?

As for getting a work visa, your question is way too vague. You have to narrow down what work visa you might even qualify for, and THEN look towards a company that, in this bad economy, would prefer to hire a non-USC over a USC. What kind of work do you do? What are your qualifications?

Rene
Old Aug 11th 2010, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

TAJ4Life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I see from your past posts that you are actually wanting to go to the USA to live with your girlfriend, is that still the case? Have you two met in person yet?

As for getting a work visa, your question is way too vague. You have to narrow down what work visa you might even qualify for, and THEN look towards a company that, in this bad economy, would prefer to hire a non-USC over a USC. What kind of work do you do? What are your qualifications?

Rene
Hi Noorah no still not met up yet and at present still without work as made redundant since last year.

I was basically looking for any recruiter that was wishing to hire from overseas who is willing to pay for a work visa.
I don't have anything major in terms of qualifications only the usual g.s.c.e's, gnvq in business, pc support unit of credit and data communications and netoworking certificate for theory and practical.
The rest is self taught or experience in retail, sales, I.T. and admin.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 1:31 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Noorah no still not met up yet and at present still without work as made redundant since last year.

I was basically looking for any recruiter that was wishing to hire from overseas who isP willing to pay for a work visa.
I don't have anything major in terms of qualifications only the usual g.s.c.e's, gnvq in business, pc support unit of credit and data communications and netoworking certificate for theory and practical.
None of that will get you a work visa, I'm afraid.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Have you made any plans for a 'visit' yet? I know you guys are in love and just want to be together in the US, but as you have been advised, you need to prove that you have met and spent time together before you will get a K1 Visa. Sucks huh? but it's the way it works and it is that way for good reason.

The job part is not easy either, you have no desireable qualifications or experience, can you really see a US employer spending all that money on a Visa to get you here? There are millions of people here already with the same or more experience as you. Sorry to be so negative, but you really need to make yourself more attractive to employers here and get that ticket sorted, that's a biggy!...Good luck sweety
Old Aug 11th 2010, 2:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't read through all your past threads, so I'll ask: Is there a particular reason you guys have not met in person yet? I think marriage is going to be your only way into the USA, from what you describe of your employment qualifications.

I was basically looking for any recruiter that was wishing to hire from overseas who is willing to pay for a work visa.
Unfortunately, none of that sounds like it will qualify for a work visa.

Rene
Old Aug 11th 2010, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like she has money and a job, is there a reason she can not visit the UK?
Old Aug 12th 2010, 5:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Get her to the UK, she can visit for 6 months.

You've no chance getting a job without 12 years of IT experience being your best bet...and with new cost of H1 visa shooting right up, what's in it for an employer to bother when people are dime a dozen on the ground able to work already?