Reload this Page >

Moved: English Prison Officers in Canada

Moved: English Prison Officers in Canada

Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

The Gouks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moved: English Prison Officers in Canada

Hi

Can anyone tell me if English Prison Officer qualifications are recognized in Canada???

Thank you

Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:11 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Prison Officers in Canada

Send a private message to Eddie, also known as Voyager970. He was a prison officer in Scotland. I don't know what kind of work he does in Canada, but I have a vague recollection that he switched fields when he got here.

The reason that I suggest sending him a private message is that I have not seen him around on the Canada forum much lately.
x
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

The Gouks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Send a private message to Eddie, also known as Voyager970. He was a prison officer in Scotland. I don't know what kind of work he does in Canada, but I have a vague recollection that he switched fields when he got here.

The reason that I suggest sending him a private message is that I have not seen him around on the Canada forum much lately.
x
Many thanks. I have sent a message, so will hopefully receive a reply.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:22 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Gouks;
Many thanks. I have sent a message, so will hopefully receive a reply.
Another denizen of Richmond Hill? Things are looking up!

I'm pretty sure Mrs Miggins was a "correctional officer" in the UK. You could ask her, or perhaps she'll drop by uninvited.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moved: English Prison Officers in Canada

The UK Prison Service is not the same as the UK Police Force. Canadian Police Force welcome applications from the UK and assist in the immigration process. You cannot apply to the Canadian Prison Service as a custodial officer unless you are already a permanent resident.

Lynne
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Gouks
Can anyone tell me if English Prison Officer qualifications are recognized in Canada???
What qualifications ? When I went through the system in 1992 there were no "qualifications" to speak of. 9 weeks basic training and then a year as a probationer IIRC
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beastie
The UK Prison Service is not the same as the UK Police Force. Canadian Police Force welcome applications from the UK and assist in the immigration process. You cannot apply to the Canadian Prison Service as a custodial officer unless you are already a permanent resident.

Lynne
Doesnt it depend on whether its Federal or Provincial? So I assume you mean Federal for the "Canadian Prison Service" I think the Provincial you just need the correct work permit.

Both have websites with more info.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

bobhope is on a distinguished road

Well I was a Correction Officer for a bit at the Edmonton Remand Centre, you have to be a permanent resident, they seem to be advertising all the time in Alberta, look on the alberta gov job website. I started as a casual officer on full time hours, a bit of a second class amongst the full time officers, but it doesnt tke long to get on. Im not sure about the fed prisons, but as its a fed job, they employ citizens first! I think as long as you have equivelent to a high school education you would be good. Hope this helps. Bob
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:11 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary

x
Judy you have a great memory

Yip not been around on BE for a while, to busy with the new house that we bought a few months ago

I have PM'ed the original poster ( The Gouks ), told them what I experienced and what I found out with regards the Corrections Dept in Ontario, so I hope this helps them

Eddie