New Schedule A Question

Old Apr 18th 2012, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

NicknBridget is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Schedule A Question

We are just filling in documents to update our old ones as requested by London visa office and are a little confused by the wording on one of the questions.

Question 8 reads:

Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever comes first. We are thinking the shorter period comes first, but

On the old Schedule 1, the same question reads 'whichever period is longer' which left no room for doubt.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old Apr 18th 2012, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Schedule A Question

Originally Posted by NicknBridget
We are just filling in documents to update our old ones as requested by London visa office and are a little confused by the wording on one of the questions.

Question 8 reads:

Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever comes first. We are thinking the shorter period comes first, but

On the old Schedule 1, the same question reads 'whichever period is longer' which left no room for doubt.

Anyone have any ideas?
We did the last ten years as we are way over 28. If however we had only been 22 we would have only done 4 years... Hope that made sense
Old Apr 18th 2012, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

nerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nice

Yes, a very confusing way of wording the question. Am going to try and explain it - hopefully someone else will be able to do it better than me though.

Take your current age, subtract 10. Result = x
a) If x higher than 18 -> provide info for last 10 years
b) If x smaller than 18 -> provide info from your 18th birthday
c) If x = 18 then it depends on your actual birth date. I'd stick with a) just to be sure.

Another way of looking at it, again starting from your current age: count backwards, and what comes 1st? Your 18th birthday or counting back to 10 years? Whichever comes 1st as you go back are the years they are interested in.

Basically, if you are now older than 28, fill in for the last 10 years. If younger, fill in years since you were 18.

Clear as mud, eh!
Old Apr 18th 2012, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Gustekp is an unknown quantity at this point

Wwell said Nerdherd.I think from when your turned 18yrs.

Gustekp
Old Apr 18th 2012, 6:27 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

I am 48, my immigration consultant had me fill it in since I was 18.

That cost me quite a lot of money, to you Sir, no charge.

Now you have both answers, choose... back to 18 can't be wrong, back 10 years might be. OTT is perhaps the way to go. fletch
Old Apr 19th 2012, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

NicknBridget is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your input everyone. It does make a lot of sense that in our case it would be back 10 years but I'm still confused so might go for 18 years just in case as you said Fletch :-)