The Box.bz

Old Jan 12th 2011, 7:41 am
Just Joined

st8sman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Box.bz

Just wondered if anyone else had had a similar problem with these Fellas
I have had the pleasure of been part of the box for about 3 years. I was banned recently and as much as I have tried to find out they say I cheated but won’t tell me how. They say I did it twice and last time they just let me back in. last time they told me it was their error and apologized and said to me they did it by accident to a lot of other people on the same day. I think they have done it again. But In the “support” chat they tell me to get over and move on. I tried to learn from them but they couldn’t be arsed.That’s not support. Too full of their own importance. Well fellas you are wrong. You are not the only site for great torrents but they are the only site with a Gestapo mentality. Talk about arrogant. Move on I shall. Goodbye. I enjoyed my time. And to the mods. I hope someday someone is just as arrogant to you and questions your integrity and make you feel like shit too.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice
Default Re: The Box.bz

I smell SPAM !
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by colonel
I smell SPAM !
UH! You Smell spam?
Did you write that cause your bored?
I am an Britexpat.
Born in Halifax Yorkshire. I now live in Adelaide, South Australia.
i am a new member.
No "hi there welcome to the British Expats forum" the most intelligent thing you can say is "I smell spam"
Spam is unsolicited advertising via electronic media. what am i advertising?
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:37 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by st8sman
Just wondered if anyone else had had a similar problem with these Fellas
I have had the pleasure of been part of the box for about 3 years. I was banned recently and as much as I have tried to find out they say I cheated but won’t tell me how. They say I did it twice and last time they just let me back in. last time they told me it was their error and apologized and said to me they did it by accident to a lot of other people on the same day. I think they have done it again. But In the “support” chat they tell me to get over and move on. I tried to learn from them but they couldn’t be arsed.That’s not support. Too full of their own importance. Well fellas you are wrong. You are not the only site for great torrents but they are the only site with a Gestapo mentality. Talk about arrogant. Move on I shall. Goodbye. I enjoyed my time. And to the mods. I hope someday someone is just as arrogant to you and questions your integrity and make you feel like shit too.
Mate, its a pirate site run by kids - not a lot of sympathy there or much you can do about it.

UKNova is where you should go - they are much nicer people. The Box are clowns.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spalen
Mate, its a pirate site run by kids - not a lot of sympathy there or much you can do about it.

Yeah you are right. i used UK nova for years. I just got a bit sick of them stopping tv series 1/2 way through because they were going to DVD. but i know enough now that there are many sources to get the rest of the shows. I'll stick with them if they stick with me
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

colonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nicecolonel is just really nice

Originally Posted by st8sman
UH! You Smell spam?
Did you write that cause your bored?
I am an Britexpat.
Born in Halifax Yorkshire. I now live in Adelaide, South Australia.
i am a new member.
No "hi there welcome to the British Expats forum" the most intelligent thing you can say is "I smell spam"
Spam is unsolicited advertising via electronic media. what am i advertising?
Sorry mate but your opening post, thread title and low post count very much looked like you were spamming the website's link. Apologises and "Welcome to British Expats !"
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spalen

Oh i dont want back in I just wanted to know how i was cheating but the little twerps just liked playing the big cheese and and wasnt willing to pull his head out of his butt to help me learn.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by colonel
Sorry mate but your opening post, thread title and low post count very much looked like you were spamming the website's link. Apologises and "Welcome to British Expats !"
No Problems. i was actually searching the box.bz in google and it led me to this site. never knew it Existed. glad i found it.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

So far so good with them so far. Once I realised that I had to keep torrents open permanently on upload I didnt have a problem. It actually doesnt take that much bandwidth. I've uploaded 82 gigs in the 6 months I've been with them, and have a ratio of 2.2.

They are easy to talk to on IRC, which is where they like to do their communicating. I connected via VPN on one occasion and realised from their blurb that they didnt like that... was heading for a permanent ban and undid it via chatting on MIRC.

Of all my video sources thus far, they have been the most comprehensive and reliable, you do have to play the game and I personally understand why. You need to be an active part of their library base.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
So far so good with them so far. Once I realised that I had to keep torrents open permanently on upload I didnt have a problem. It actually doesnt take that much bandwidth. I've uploaded 82 gigs in the 6 months I've been with them, and have a ratio of 2.2.

They are easy to talk to on IRC, which is where they like to do their communicating. I connected via VPN on one occasion and realised from their blurb that they didnt like that... was heading for a permanent ban and undid it via chatting on MIRC.

Of all my video sources thus far, they have been the most comprehensive and reliable, you do have to play the game and I personally understand why. You need to be an active part of their library base.
Yes well like you i kept my torrents open until they died. My ISP doesnt charge for uploads so i was happy to do so. My computer is on 24/7. To be honest if i'd know i was somehow breaking the rules i would have stopped. I'm not that savy when it comes to anything like VPN infact i just had to look it up. lol its got me thinking though. Sometime when i'm on the train on the way home from work i'd log into the box using my mobile phone. not to upload or download i just checked what shows were available and read the forums. now i find my phone ip is banned too. i always used my home computer for seeding.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
They are easy to talk to on IRC, which is where they like to do their communicating. .
Not my expearience. i was asking the person to help me understand how i was cheating and he wouldn't give me an answer. He was saying things like 'look i told you your not getting back in now move along" I said to him "i accept that but tell me what i did" He'd say "dont be smart" and promptly kicked me out of the chat. i was Gob smacked. thought i was in the twilight zone. lol. the irony was the channel i was on was the box.bz support. lol yeah right! as recommended here i'll stick with uk nova and another site i use which i find very good
Old Jan 12th 2011, 12:58 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

st8sman, we are nothing to do with the Box, if you have an issue take it up with them.

It would also be appreciated if you could please abide by our site rules, one of which that states: "We realize members of BritishExpats may also be members of other forums/communities, do not try to degrade or discredit other forums/communities, their administrators, moderators, or their members."

Thank you

Thread Closed