Overstay in UAE

Old May 5th 2009, 6:00 am
Just Joined

Kpax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Overstay in UAE

I lost my job a while back and had my visa canceled but with the bulk of prior commitments (banks, leases etc) and the fact that i was looking for another job, i was unable to exit the country on time and now on overstay for about 4 weeks now. I However found a prospective job opportunity and i am due for an interview this week.
Will the fact that i have an overstay be an obstacle? Also i am willing to pay off the overstayed days but what are the rules with regarding overstay in UAE once i have after all found a new job?

Please advise.
Old May 5th 2009, 6:02 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overstay in UAE

Originally Posted by Kpax
I lost my job a while back and had my visa canceled but with the bulk of prior commitments (banks, leases etc) and the fact that i was looking for another job, i was unable to exit the country on time and now on overstay for about 4 weeks now. I However found a prospective job opportunity and i am due for an interview this week.
Will the fact that i have an overstay be an obstacle? Also i am willing to pay off the overstayed days but what are the rules with regarding overstay in UAE once i have after all found a new job?

Please advise.

I think the fine is 100 dhs a day, go to immigration and pay the fine and get a visa extension.
Old May 5th 2009, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Please advise.

before your new visa is processed you will need to make an intercountry amendment this means that you will have to have paid all the overstay, this is 10aed per day after visa cancellation, you will then have have to pay 500aed position amendment. Overstay will not effect your visa in any way
Old May 5th 2009, 6:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I think the fine is 100 dhs a day, go to immigration and pay the fine and get a visa extension.
An extension to an OVERSTAYED and CANCELLED residence visa? Do they do that here with all the stringent immigration rules, dont i run a risk of paying the fine and being asked immediately to bugger off.
Old May 5th 2009, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by banter64
before your new visa is processed you will need to make an intercountry amendment this means that you will have to have paid all the overstay, this is 10aed per day after visa cancellation, you will then have have to pay 500aed position amendment. Overstay will not effect your visa in any way
As this fact shall surely come out during the interview, most companies are reluctant to take on people with any form of baggage especially with immigration violations (overstay). If it wont affect the visa processing and the company handles this process, who then should pay this ammount? should i also take the BOLD move and mention that i shall foot any ammount they incur for the extent of the overstay.
Old May 5th 2009, 6:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

As this fact shall surely come out during the interview, most companies are reluctant to take on people with any form of baggage especially with immigration violations (overstay). If it wont affect the visa processing and the company handles this process, who then should pay this ammount? should i also take the BOLD move and mention that i shall foot any ammount they incur for the extent of the overstay.
course you should pay it, it's your fault! you can't expect a new company to pay for your stupidity can you?
Old May 5th 2009, 6:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
course you should pay it, it's your fault! you can't expect a new company to pay for your stupidity can you?
Blue Cat. Thanks for the advice, you are so kind.
Old May 5th 2009, 6:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat. Thanks for the advice, you are so kind.

just being honest
Old May 5th 2009, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

It is your responsibility to pay the position amendment and the fines that are incurred by you.
Old May 7th 2009, 2:23 pm

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not sure why would this come in the interview; you are not applying for a customs officer? Not sure how it works but if (as Blue Cat said) you go and pay your fines you'll be with fresh visa extension. It's nothing to do with your employer. Unless you have doubts and don't want to pay it because the job may not come and you end up with paying the fine / paying the visa extension and not having the job. But hey that's the price of doing the things a proper way.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:16 am
Just Joined

smudge811 is an unknown quantity at this point

How about if the overstay is purely due to the stuff up of the current (and new) employer?? Is there a regulation stating that ONLY the employee is liable for the overstay fines???
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

I "overstayed" for some 5 months .............. the fine was cut down to 800 dhs and the new visa was stamped into the passport. DNATA don't care - you pay, they give you papers and that's that. I don't see why the new company should even know about it.

You pay 10 dhs per day over your limit. You will not be deported; nor will you be banned. Ask for a visa extention and that's that.

And yes - you need to do that asap!!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

buddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nice

Correct me if I am wrong, but I paid 100 dhs a day, for an overstay. At the airport, going to Jordan. The fees at Hatta are more negotiable. Ahem.
That is after a 10 day grace period.

Just go pay before it really adds up
Old Jul 6th 2009, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Amnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really nice

I'm unfamiliar with the law, but is there a way in which you can extend your visa before it gets to that stage?

I.e: You've lost your job, in the process of looking for a new one, coming to the end of your visa... can you get an extra 30 days, etc (similar to doing a border run for extending tourist visas)?
Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:34 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Amnesia180
I'm unfamiliar with the law, but is there a way in which you can extend your visa before it gets to that stage?

I.e: You've lost your job, in the process of looking for a new one, coming to the end of your visa... can you get an extra 30 days, etc (similar to doing a border run for extending tourist visas)?
yes it can be done at immigration

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.