Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Apr 3rd 2013, 3:52 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Just a slight detour here....but has anyone else been watching Broadchurch on ITV??? I started watching it when I got 'Tunnelbear' and got hooked after the first episode. Apart from the fact I think David Tennant is the sexiest thing on two legs. LOL

So I've seen all 5 episodes so far and can't wait for next week to watch the next one. Any clues on who you think is the killer??
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch

The lady detectives husband.

Where was it filmed?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 5:30 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
The lady detectives husband.

Where was it filmed?
Now that would be a shocker ! LOL I'm more inclined towards the lady (Susan), the woman with the dog.

It was filmed predominantly on the Jurassic Coast at West Bay in Dorset, with the town of Clevedon just outside Bristol doubling as the fictional town of Broadchurch, with interior scenes of the police station shot in studios in Bristol.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

yes it's a good show. I've watched all episodes. what channels do you get with TunnelBear. Do you get Channel 4? I mainly watch BBC and free stuff on ITV plus my Netflix account..
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:42 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by fulwood
yes it's a good show. I've watched all episodes. what channels do you get with TunnelBear. Do you get Channel 4? I mainly watch BBC and free stuff on ITV plus my Netflix account..
I usually stick to BBC and ITV, but I think you can get the majority of them so long as you don't try to watch a live program.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

I changed my viewing habits after my brother died. cancelled cable and have a Roku box but not set up yet. Quite happy just using computer to view telly. I'm catching up on NetFlix at the Wallander series with Kenneth Branagh then going to watch Swedish version which is the original.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:54 pm
Yorkshire Lass

I changed my viewing habits after my brother died. cancelled cable and have a Roku box but not set up yet. Quite happy just using computer to view telly. I'm catching up on NetFlix at the Wallander series with Kenneth Branagh then going to watch Swedish version which is the original.
How long does it take for new episodes to show up on Netflix?? Am just curious because with Tunnelbear I can watch an episode of a show just a few hours after it's shown live in the UK. Especially as I'm a Corrie and Broadchurch fan and neither of which are on Netflix
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

that is the not so good thing about NetFlix doesn't show newest and most up to date. I think Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus do that. I read somewhere that I think NetFlix has signed deal with Time Warner Cable or Warner Bros so good things may come from that. Other shows I like like HGTV stuff I just go directly to that channel.. Only thing I really miss is just being able to turn on and watch is CNN but not big deal.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 8:00 pm
Yorkshire Lass

that is the not so good thing about NetFlix doesn't show newest and most up to date. I think Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus do that. I read somewhere that I think NetFlix has signed deal with Time Warner Cable or Warner Bros so good things may come from that. Other shows I like like HGTV stuff I just go directly to that channel.. Only thing I really miss is just being able to turn on and watch is CNN but not big deal.
I think that's why I picked Tunnelbear ! You pay $4.99 per month, but then you can connect to the UK and load up everything from BBC to ITV to any other iplayer you want from elsewhere and watch UK TV without the restriction of that horrible little box popping up that says 'This video is not available in your country'. Works for any UK video, preview that you usually can't see. Anything other than live TV that is, because it comes up and asks if you have a TV licence.. lol Then when you want to go back to the US again you just flip the switch and search the US. LOL
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I think that's why I picked Tunnelbear ! You pay $4.99 per month, but then you can connect to the UK and load up everything from BBC to ITV to any other iplayer you want from elsewhere and watch UK TV without the restriction of that horrible little box popping up that says 'This video is not available in your country'. Works for any UK video, preview that you usually can't see. Anything other than live TV that is, because it comes up and asks if you have a TV licence.. lol Then when you want to go back to the US again you just flip the switch and search the US. LOL
Why would you want to load them on to another iPlayer when you can watch them from ITV and BBC? I didn't know there were other iPlayers out there.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 10:42 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I use Hola. It's free and you can watch 'live' UK TV as well as catch up. I've been watching Broadchurch and enjoying it. It was hard for me to watch the first episode or two but now it's less about the boy's death and parents, and more about Whodunit.

I haven't ruled anyone out yet except Jack and Beth. We'll probably find out it was them in cahoots.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 11:20 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by windsong
Why would you want to load them on to another iPlayer when you can watch them from ITV and BBC? I didn't know there were other iPlayers out there.
I just meant 'players' that other channels might have (none BBC or ITV). Sorry if that sounds confusing, I just can't think of another way to put it.. LOL
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 11:22 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
I use Hola. It's free and you can watch 'live' UK TV as well as catch up. I've been watching Broadchurch and enjoying it. It was hard for me to watch the first episode or two but now it's less about the boy's death and parents, and more about Whodunit.

I haven't ruled anyone out yet except Jack and Beth. We'll probably find out it was them in cahoots.
You can watch live TV?? I tried that, but I got that lovely little message asking me if I had a TV licence and I was too scared to click on any of the boxes just in case..

Hmmm I guess we will find out soon enough...probably get more clues in the next episode now that one of the suspects is no longer in the picture.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

What about the vicar? he's bit odd character and I am not saying it because he is of the Church just the character..
Old Apr 4th 2013, 12:43 am
Yorkshire Lass

What about the vicar? he's bit odd character and I am not saying it because he is of the Church just the character..
True...and don't forget he overlooks their house and is often seen standing in the doorway - creepy !!

Although the lady Detective's son has got some explaining to do...he deleted all the phone messages and files, so what's that all about???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.