Health Operations Centre -Update

Old Oct 5th 2008, 5:55 am
Reg Migration Agent

chelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nice
Smile Health Operations Centre -Update

Hi

RMA's who are also registered with the MIA receive an update form the Heath Operations Centre usually fortnightly (sometimes every 3 weeks). I am happy to update the forum with this information. Could one of the moderators make this a sticky so that it is easy to find please?

This is the first one i will post.

Below is the Health Operations Centre weekly update for the week beginning Monday 29 September 2008.

We are currently processing medicals completed OFF-SHORE:

1. Urgent cases (457 visas) not requiring MOC's assessment received on 24th September 2008.

2. Temporary cases not requiring MOC's assessment received on 12th September 2008.

3. Permanent cases not requiring MOC's assessment received on 10th September 2008.

4. Urgent cases (e-visas, adoptions, 457 visas) requiring assessment by a Medical Officer received on 26th September 2008.

5. Other cases requiring medical assessment by a Medical Officer received on 17th September 2008.

The case officer processing your visa application should be your first point of contact regarding any inquiry in relation to the application, including your health assessment results.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Cheryl
Old Oct 5th 2008, 6:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Operations Centre -Update

Thanks Cheryl.

Could I ask that people respect that this thread is for HOC timelines, and like the one for the Visa Processing Timelines it should be kept on topic! Posts taking it wildly off topic will be moved. If you have any other questions about medicals please start a different thread

Thanks
Old Oct 5th 2008, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

What about medicals done onshore?
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:56 am
Reg Migration Agent

chelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nice

Originally Posted by looky
What about medicals done onshore?
Hi looky

Sorry, we currently don't get updates on these as they are dealt with through HSA. If you call the HSA http://www.hsagroup.com.au/clinics/index_flash.html the link will give you the opportunity to find the local one, they will be able to let you know if the medicals have been cleared by the doctor.

However, I spoke to Brisbane HSA this week and they advised 1 - 2 weeks for the Dr to clear the medicals.

Hope this helps

kind regards

Cheryl

Last edited by chelov62; Oct 5th 2008 at 9:59 am.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by chelov62
Hi looky

Sorry, we currently don't get updates on these as they are dealt with through HSA. If you call the HSA http://www.hsagroup.com.au/clinics/index_flash.html the link will give you the opportunity to find the local one, they will be able to let you know if the medicals have been cleared by the doctor.

However, I spoke to Brisbane HSA this week and they advised 1 - 2 weeks for the Dr to clear the medicals.

Hope this helps

kind regards

Cheryl
Thanks Cheryl.

Hope you don't mind me asking you a question on medicals. I got mine done onshore and had it mailed to HSA perth for processing. I had not applied for any perm visa back then (earlier this year) so HSA send me a sealed envelop with my meidcal results in it and I was told to attach it to my application when I do apply.

I am onshore currently. I applied for 857 last month and attached the sealed envelop with it to Brisbane office. I also applied for 175 online a day after I mailed the 857 application. I emailed Immigration with the 175 online query to inform them about my medicals attached with my paper 857. I received a reply back saying my medical is being processed by HOC and will be forwarded to CO after.

HSA told me my medicals do not have to be processed further by a doctor (I also thought that HSA IS the processing authority for onshore medical?), I was also told by HSA that they will not have my results available online to the immigration. The only results will be that in the sealed envelope.

My question is what is actually happening? Its very confusing.

Last edited by looky; Oct 5th 2008 at 11:49 am.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:04 pm
Reg Migration Agent

Originally Posted by looky
Thanks Cheryl.

Hope you don't mind me asking you a question on medicals. I got mine done onshore and had it mailed to HSA perth for processing. I had not applied for any perm visa back then (earlier this year) so HSA send me a sealed envelop with my meidcal results in it and I was told to attach it to my application when I do apply.

I am onshore currently. I applied for 857 last month and attached the sealed envelop with it to Brisbane office. I also applied for 175 online a day after I mailed the 857 application. I emailed Immigration with the 175 online query to inform them about my medicals attached with my paper 857. I received a reply back saying my medical is being processed by HOC and will be forwarded to CO after.

HSA told me my medicals do not have to be processed further by a doctor (I also thought that HSA IS the processing authority for onshore medical?), I was also told by HSA that they will not have my results available online to the immigration. The only results will be that in the sealed envelope.

My question is what is actually happening? Its very confusing.
Hi looky

Just a question, why have you applied for an 857 and a 175? I have been speaking to the HOC recently and they have advised that when medicals are done and received by HOC they are allocated a client ID, when an application is lodged online, another set of client ID's are recorded. In some cases the medicals are not then matched with the new online file number. I have recently had to chase cases up and wait online while the cases were matched.

When lodging a 175, the automatic assumption is that the medicals would have been done overseas. The HSA results should be available to immigration online so i am unsure why you have been told differently.

I cannot advise what is actually happening to your particular medicals however if you call the general helpline 131 881 and ask them to check with HOC they should be able to advise if you have a Client ID and if the medicals are recorded with that ID. If you provide the ID number to the offices dealing with your applications then they should be able to match them up.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

markjuliej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

RMA's who are also registered with the MIA receive an update form the Heath Operations Centre usually fortnightly (sometimes every 3 weeks). I am happy to update the forum with this information. Could one of the moderators make this a sticky so that it is easy to find please?

This is the first one i will post.

Below is the Health Operations Centre weekly update for the week beginning Monday 29 September 2008.

1. Urgent cases (457 visas) not requiring MOC's assessment received on 24th September 2008.

2. Temporary cases not requiring MOC's assessment received on 12th September 2008.

3. Permanent cases not requiring MOC's assessment received on 10th September 2008.

4. Urgent cases (e-visas, adoptions, 457 visas) requiring assessment by a Medical Officer received on 26th September 2008.

5. Other cases requiring medical assessment by a Medical Officer received on 17th September 2008.

The case officer processing your visa application should be your first point of contact regarding any inquiry in relation to the application, including your health assessment results.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Cheryl
Hi Cheryl
My medicals were sent to Sydney on the 24/9/08, do you know how long they take to be added to my file (medicals were sent by royal mail), or how I can find out if they have been received. thanks julie
Old Oct 5th 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi looky

Just a question, why have you applied for an 857 and a 175? I have been speaking to the HOC recently and they have advised that when medicals are done and received by HOC they are allocated a client ID, when an application is lodged online, another set of client ID's are recorded. In some cases the medicals are not then matched with the new online file number. I have recently had to chase cases up and wait online while the cases were matched.

When lodging a 175, the automatic assumption is that the medicals would have been done overseas. The HSA results should be available to immigration online so i am unsure why you have been told differently.

I cannot advise what is actually happening to your particular medicals however if you call the general helpline 131 881 and ask them to check with HOC they should be able to advise if you have a Client ID and if the medicals are recorded with that ID. If you provide the ID number to the offices dealing with your applications then they should be able to match them up.
Cheers Cheryl

I did specifically asked HSA Perth if my results will be electronically available to immigration but was told no and was send the sealed medical results via post to submit to immigration.

So ultimately HOC is the medical screening/processing center not HSA for onshore medicals as in HSA send results to HOC for final processing?

I applied for both as work is sponsoring 857 and I reckon it will be granted earlier than a 175 and also because after my birthday this year I will lose 5 points and not have the required points for 175. So to be safe I applied for both with the plan that 875 will be granted first (giving me cheaper private health insurance and eligible for govt subsidised post grad studies etc.) but will eventually be replaced by 175 so the 2 year condition with 857 will be overwrite by 175 making me a free agent if I choose to seek employment elsewhere in Oz.

Last edited by looky; Oct 5th 2008 at 1:30 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Our meds were received by HOC on Wed 10 Sept 9am. The email from HOC posted here indicated that they were processing 10 Sept on Monday 29 Sept....however it appeared as finalized in our online status on 01/10.

Just to put the email into perspective.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Hi

5. Other cases requiring medical assessment by a Medical Officer

received on 17th September 2008.
At the risk of sounding dumb, does a 119 RSMS visa fall into category 5?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

I am also going to ask a question and risk sounding dumb!!

If my meds we're put through as category B (I think that's what the term is) because of significant history (not ongoing or future concern), does this also fall into category 5 - other cases requiring medical attention by medical officer?

Thanks!

Mel
Old Oct 7th 2008, 11:34 pm
Reg Migration Agent

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
At the risk of sounding dumb, does a 119 RSMS visa fall into category 5?
Hi the 119 RSMS is a permanent visa so could fall into category 3 or 5 depending if moc was involved.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 11:36 pm
Reg Migration Agent

Originally Posted by melbert
I am also going to ask a question and risk sounding dumb!!

If my meds we're put through as category B (I think that's what the term is) because of significant history (not ongoing or future concern), does this also fall into category 5 - other cases requiring medical attention by medical officer?

Thanks!

Mel
Hi Mel

yes, yours should be 5.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice

Hi Mel

yes, yours should be 5.
Hi

Sorry to but in - I am on 457 and my meds were sent off on 26th September, I am guessing it takes about 5 days to get there so I am working on the assumption that they arrived 1/10. How long does it usually take to process them? Am I likely to hear something w/c 13th October or is that being too hopeful?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Maz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NiknAid
Hi

Sorry to but in - I am on 457 and my meds were sent off on 26th September, I am guessing it takes about 5 days to get there so I am working on the assumption that they arrived 1/10. How long does it usually take to process them? Am I likely to hear something w/c 13th October or is that being too hopeful?

hiya, i've applied for 475 visa, my meds were sent off on 24/9 and only just received in Sydney yesterday (7/10) according to Parcelforce. They've not been processed yet but i'm hoping to hear something in a couple of weeks too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.