Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Step Daughter emigrating to USA from UK need help quickly

Step Daughter emigrating to USA from UK need help quickly

Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:51 am
Just Joined

debsy66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Step Daughter emigrating to USA from UK need help quickly

ok if anyone can help or correct me

i am a lpr ( 10 ) year i married my USC husband back in march 2009, in USA and i stayed here and did my AOS.
my daughter was 17 3/4 at the time, but had just gained a place at university so didnt want to come to USA with me, although her and my older son were named on one of the forms ( not sure which one till i go check it ) but was not put down as coming with me.

now my daughter is just over 10weeks from her 21st birthday and will finish university in dec ( with a possibility of it being end of may if she does over well )
i know my husband can put the i-130 in now to establish stepdad/stepdaughter relationship

my questions are,
can she move here while its pending then apply for AOS when approved or does she have to stay in England

if she has to stay in England can she come when approved then do AOS

or do we have to do the affidavit of support and ds 230 and she has medical and interview in England get visa then

do we need letter off her dad stating he is ok with her coming to USA because you are classed as a adult at 18 in UK ( so is she not old enought to make her own decision ) i did have sole custody of her, but all my paperwork regarding this was left in UK and now unavailable,

is it a fact that her age will be frozen when my husband puts the i-130
could you also tell me in what order all forms will be needed to be filed by both daughter and husband and all fees necessary from start to finish

thank you in advance for any info

Last edited by debsy66; Apr 3rd 2012 at 3:58 am. Reason: more info required
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Step Daughter emigrating to USA from UK need help quickly

Originally Posted by debsy66
i know my husband can put the i-130 in now to establish stepdad/stepdaughter relationship
Your husband could have submitted the I-130 the day the two of you were married.

can she move here while its pending then apply for AOS when approved or does she have to stay in England
No. She doesn't have to stay in England - meaning, she can stay anywhere... except the US.

if she has to stay in England can she come when approved then do AOS
No... but the reason is she won't have to adjust her status. She'll immediately become a US PR the day she enters the US with her immigrant visa - the end result of your husband filing an I-130 on her behalf. So, no need to AOS.

or do we have to do the affidavit of support and ds 230 and she has medical and interview in England get visa then
Yes.

do we need letter off her dad stating he is ok with her coming to USA because you are classed as a adult at 18 in UK ( so is she not old enought to make her own decision ) i did have sole custody of her, but all my paperwork regarding this was left in UK and now unavailable.
If she has reached the age of majority, she needs no one's consent.

is it a fact that her age will be frozen when my husband puts the i-130...
And this is why the I-130 should have been submitted sooner.

could you also tell me in what order all forms will be needed to be filed by both daughter and husband and all fees necessary from start to finish
That info is nicely spelled out in our Wiki - in the blue bar at the top of each page. She will be pursuing an immigrant visa... so should follow the steps for that.

Ian
Old Apr 4th 2012, 12:38 am
Just Joined

debsy66 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for info , can you send a link to the step by step guide cos i cant find it thanks
Old Apr 4th 2012, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy66
thanks for info , can you send a link to the step by step guide cos i cant find it thanks
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/DCF_I-130_Filed_In_London