Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Has anybody 'moved' their ebay account from the UK to the US

Has anybody 'moved' their ebay account from the UK to the US

Old Apr 2nd 2010, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light
Default Has anybody 'moved' their ebay account from the UK to the US

I'm what I consider to be a casual ebayer but I've been on there for quite a while and obviously would like to move my feedback and all that over.

So, has anybody 'moved' their account to the US? My understanding is that you mainly change your address, is that it? Anything to be aware of?
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 4:22 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anybody 'moved' their ebay account from the UK to the US

Can be done - you can sign into eBay USA with your UK credentials and just update your address and location. Do the same with your credit cards in PayPal (though I think you will need your UK bank details on hand to be able to do this, if memory doesn't deal me a dog turd.)

Actually for a while, when I still had a UK bank account with money in it and a valid switch card, I ordered items of eBay USA, paid via PayPal with my Brit debit card and had it shipped to me. It was only recently when I bought a new keyboard for $800.00 I had to change my PayPal account to have my US credit card info.

True to form, I've used 500 words when 5 will do. Yes, you can do it and very easily. You will get all your notifications from eBay UK though for some reason, but via 'My eBay' everything appears in $ and not £.

Hope that helped
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimNiceBut
I'm what I consider to be a casual ebayer but I've been on there for quite a while and obviously would like to move my feedback and all that over.

So, has anybody 'moved' their account to the US? My understanding is that you mainly change your address, is that it? Anything to be aware of?
I did. I emailed ebay customer services and they sorted it.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

blargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really nice

I did it from Australia to France if that's any help.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks all, that suggests that there is *one* easy thing on this move...
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 7:19 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow, eBay and PayPal never quite caught up with me: to buyers it shows my actual current location but it still "translates" everything into GBP and gives me UK options by default. Annoying.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

blargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really niceblargins is just really nice

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Somehow, eBay and PayPal never quite caught up with me: to buyers it shows my actual current location but it still "translates" everything into GBP and gives me UK options by default. Annoying.
Actually, you saying that reminds me that paypal.com.au never really went well with ebay.fr, even though i updated everything. There was stuff I couldn't buy on ebay.fr as it still had me as being Australian even though the addresses etc were set to France.

Ended up creating a new paypal account in France.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 11:16 am
The truth is out there ..

valis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nicevalis is just really nice

It can't seem to handle a US address and a UK bank account/debit/credit card. Or have things changed?

I can't use my US bank details because they're shared with my spouse in a joint account and she's already registered on eBay. When I try to register it to me it gets refused.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 11:55 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valis
It can't seem to handle a US address and a UK bank account/debit/credit card. Or have things changed?

I can't use my US bank details because they're shared with my spouse in a joint account and she's already registered on eBay. When I try to register it to me it gets refused.
Can't you do it all through a credit card if you have one in your name?
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

BlightyBoy is on a distinguished road

I emailed ebay and changed mine but I also get notifications from ebay.co.uk
It's a nuisance seeing things in pounds but you only get this when you click through your emails. Has anybody sorted this one?
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 11:47 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

I think the thing that might be throwing it is the PayPal part, maybe not the eBay part, but that's just a stab in the dark. I said it was annoying but it's not really annoying enough for me to have bothered hassling customer service about it. I can still buy stuff from my local market and my buyers still see the right place, so...
Old Apr 4th 2010, 1:36 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i think i moved my location from UK to us ON EBAY and had no issues with ebay BUT i had to close my uk paypal and reopen a US paypal (used same uk email address tho lol) as they were unable to change my location and i didnt want wrong addresses involved anywhere.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It was only recently when I bought a new keyboard for $800.00
How many other people initially thought '$800 for a keyboard???????'.

Only to re-think 'oh they mean a musical piano type keyboard thingy'. Well I hope that is what they mean!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, some of us use $300 keyboards on our computers...
Old Apr 5th 2010, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TimNiceBut
Well, some of us use $300 keyboards on our computers...
I bet nobody uses an $800 one though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.