Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Vetassess - declaration that you are not in Australia ?

Vetassess - declaration that you are not in Australia ?

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 7:19 am
Kramer

CKramer is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Vetassess - declaration that you are not in Australia ?

During on-line application on www.skilassess.com it says that you should provide
"A certified Statutory Declaration or Affidavit stating you are not in Australia at the time of applying"
Message appears only during choosing of payment method. Not mentioned on vetassess.com.au or anywhere else!
Is this serious? Does everybody make this statement? How do you make it? Or you can do without it?
Notary was laughing at me when I told them that I need such document.

Thanks.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 7:22 am

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vetassess - declaration that you are not in Australia ?

We did one, and it saved us paying the GST.

Originally Posted by CKramer
During on-line application on www.skilassess.com it says that you should provide

Message appears only during choosing of payment method. Not mentioned on vetassess.com.au or anywhere else!
Is this serious? Does everybody make this statement? How do you make it? Or you can do without it?

Thanks.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 7:28 am
Kramer

Originally Posted by stevereed
We did one, and it saved us paying the GST.
What is GST?
How does that declaration looks/sounds?
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

luckycountry is an unknown quantity at this point

Its Goods and Services Tax..you need not pay if you are not physically in australia while applying online...you will have to pay 9% less that someone applying in australia
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
The document should have been attached to an email that was sent to you to confirm you app with vetassess. All the solicitor does is signs and stamps it. It says all the legal info on it already.

If you havent got one I will fwd you one when I get home if you want to PM me with your email address. I have an application lodged with vetassess at the moment and am on pins.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 5:04 pm
Kramer

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
The document should have been attached to an email that was sent to you to confirm you app with vetassess. All the solicitor does is signs and stamps it. It says all the legal info on it already.

If you havent got one I will fwd you one when I get home if you want to PM me with your email address. I have an application lodged with vetassess at the moment and am on pins.
What you're saying is - after I finish online application, Vetassess will send me an email with document that says that I am not in Au ? So I can print it and send to them?
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

What you're saying is - after I finish online application, Vetassess will send me an email with document that says that I am not in Au ? So I can print it and send to them?
Yes when you finish your online application it comes up on the site to print off the form as the last thing. It also then sends you a duplicate email of the same form.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Yes when you finish your online application it comes up on the site to print off the form as the last thing. It also then sends you a duplicate email of the same form.
We applied on-line but they did not send us a stat dec e-mail.

I had e-mailed VETASSESS in the past with a general query and the bottom of the reply had all of the instructions on how to apply for assessment.

Right at the bottom it stated that...." If the only address for correspondence is your overseas address, VETASSESS will accept that as proof of GST exemption. ".

So, we just put in a cover letter referring to the e-mail and included the above quote and the name of the sender of the e-mail from VETASSESS.

We only sent it off yesterday, so I don't know if they have accepted it yet.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Techno Freak
We applied on-line but they did not send us a stat dec e-mail.

I had e-mailed VETASSESS in the past with a general query and the bottom of the reply had all of the instructions on how to apply for assessment.

Right at the bottom it stated that...." If the only address for correspondence is your overseas address, VETASSESS will accept that as proof of GST exemption. ".

So, we just put in a cover letter referring to the e-mail and included the above quote and the name of the sender of the e-mail from VETASSESS.

We only sent it off yesterday, so I don't know if they have accepted it yet.

Hope this helps.
Did they not send you the following email? I have copied ommitting my name, reference numbers any other personal info.

APPLICATION RECORD AND APPLICANT DECLARATION - DUPLICATE COPY
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your online application for a VETASSESS qualification assessment has been successfully submitted.

This is a duplicate copy of your application record. (Please note: only one signed copy should be sent to VETASSESS). If you haven't already signed your application record and sent it to VETASSESS you should now:

1. Print this email
2. Sign the application declaration
3. Send the signed email and the following list of documents to VETASSESS at the address listed below

- A certified copy of your birth certificate or relevant pages from your passport showing your date of birth
- A certified copy of your qualification papers (such as degree, diploma, certificate etc.) in the original language
- A certified copy of the transcript or academic record showing subjects, examination results and/or grades/marks in the original language
- Evidence of change of name (where applicable)
- Certified translation in English of any of the above documents originally issued in a language other than English
- Two recent passport sized photographs certified as a true likeness of yourself. Please ensure these photographs are clipped to the application form where indicated on this page

- If you are applying from overseas (and thus claiming GST exemption) you must provide either:
- A certified Statutory Declaration or Affidavit stating you are not in Australia at the time of applying, or;
- if you are represented by an agent an official letter, on company letterhead, signed by a Registered Migration Agent stating you are not in Australia at the time of applying

- If you hold a Chinese or Pakistani qualification you must ask your university to send copies of the Chinese or Pakistan language degree or diploma documents (for example, degree certificate / certificate of graduation), academic transcript, together with English translations directly to VETASSESS

VETASSESS
Qualification Assessment Services
Level 4, 478 Albert Street
East Melbourne
VIC 3002
AUSTRALIA

4. We can not process your application until we receive all your documents

VETASSESS

APPLICANT DECLARATION
--------------------------------------

You must read and sign this declaration

I declare that:
The information I have supplied on this form and any attachments is complete, correct and up-to-date.
I intend to apply to migrate to Australia under the General Skilled Migration program.
I undertake to inform VETASSESS of any changes to my circumstances in writing (eg address) while my application is being considered.
I authorise the aforementioned agent to act in all matters concerned with this application
I authorise VETASSESS to make any enquiries necessary to assist in the assessment of my qualifications and to use any information supplied in this application including contacting the educational institutions included in my application for that purpose
I have read and understood the information supplied to me in the Explanatory Notes accompanying this application.
I understand that VETASSESS may provide the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs (Australia) or the
Australian Taxation Office with any of the information supplied in relation to this application.
I understand that documentation submitted in support of my application may be referred to the Department of Immigration and Multicultural
and Indigenous Affairs (Australia) for integrity checking.
I understand that the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs (Australia) may, where relevant, take into account.
any information referred to it by VETASSESS in the assessment of my application for migration under the General Skilled Migration program.

Applicant’s Signature: _________________________________________ Date:_____________
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, we got that one.

That's not a statutary declaration for proof of not being in Oz though, thats the declaeration to say that everything you have told VETASSESS is true.

You would have to write a seperate stat dec stating that you were not in Oz when you made the application and have that certified by a solicitor.

A quick example of a stat dec would be.....

I...Joe Bloggs....

DO SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE as follows:-

I absolutely and entirely declare that my primary residence is xxxxxxx and is the address from which I applied for and paid for an assessment with VETASSESS..

blah blah blah

Signed xxxx

Witnessed...xxxx ( ie solicitor ) with solicitors stamp etc.

Or.....hope that what the e-mail I recieved about correspondance address is acceptable.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

oh dear, my mistake.

The solicitor stamped that and it has a uk address of the solicitor. Thats what Glen in vetassess had mentioned to do. He said just get the form certified as that has the solicitors address on in the UK. The solicitor wont be in Australia with an Oldham stamp he said.

I wasnt charged GST anyway, I got my receipt through yesterday morning.

Thank you for putting me straight anyway,
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

No worries....

I think it must be right about the correspondance address as my credit card has already been billed for the correct amount ( no GST ) but we only sent off the documents yesterday so they wont have them yet.

They have billed my credit card based on the information submitted in the on-line application which had no decleration of being outside Oz. It must have gone on the fact that the only address we used on the online application is our UK one.

If anyone else is preparing an application, the inclusion of a stat dec wouldn't hurt and won't add much more cost to that of getting your certified copies anyway.

I hope everyone that is waiting gets positive assessments.

T.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Wink Re: Vetassess - declaration that you are not in Australia ?

I agree T, heres to us all getting positive assessments.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:12 am
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light

Oh pooh I didn't do that...I'm certain that i ticked the box saying GTS exemption aswell. Will they contact me do you think? Jezzzzzzzzzz
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Seacaptain
Oh pooh I didn't do that...I'm certain that i ticked the box saying GTS exemption aswell. Will they contact me do you think? Jezzzzzzzzzz

Hi Seacaptain,

No you should be fine off your correspondance address being in UK. Have you had your receipt yet??

I got mine through yesterday with vetassess stamped on the front and panicked. Thought had missed something off I wasnt expecting a payment receipt through the post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.