Teacher qualifications for working in Dubai

Teacher qualifications for working in Dubai

Old Feb 15th 2008, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

skyvan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teacher qualifications for working in Dubai

Hi all,

I'm new, so please be gentle!!!

My good lady and I are moving from South Africa to Dubai in April, for me to work for Emirates airline.

My wife is a teacher (exceptional Speech and Drama), and wants to get all her ducks in a row to teach in Dubai. She has read on the websites of Zayed University that they require their teachers/lecturers to have their qualifications attested by their issuing states, and the UAE embassy.

Does anyone know if she will have to do the same for a normal teaching job?

Thanks all, any help will be gratefully recieved and relayed to her.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

BettyCrocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Teacher qualifications for working in Dubai

Where did she obtain her teacher training certificate? I'll be moving to Dubai in September and am a Canadian teacher (although I got qualified in England), and have applied to at least 10 schools/colleges, and have not been asked once to have my qualifications attested.
Betty
Old Feb 15th 2008, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teacher qualifications for working in Dubai

Originally Posted by skyvan
Hi all,

I'm new, so please be gentle!!!

My good lady and I are moving from South Africa to Dubai in April, for me to work for Emirates airline.

My wife is a teacher (exceptional Speech and Drama), and wants to get all her ducks in a row to teach in Dubai. She has read on the websites of Zayed University that they require their teachers/lecturers to have their qualifications attested by their issuing states, and the UAE embassy.

Does anyone know if she will have to do the same for a normal teaching job?

Thanks all, any help will be gratefully recieved and relayed to her.
Yes, mate. Any expat getting a job here needs to get this done. It's not too painful a process, allow maybe 2/3 weeks. Easier to get it done in your home country than doing it from here.

Welcome to the site!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 2:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BettyCrocker
Where did she obtain her teacher training certificate? I'll be moving to Dubai in September and am a Canadian teacher (although I got qualified in England), and have applied to at least 10 schools/colleges, and have not been asked once to have my qualifications attested.
Betty
Best check with your school's PRO about attestation, Betty. It's a government regulation, not an idiosyncracy of the employer...
Old Feb 15th 2008, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Hi BC, thanks, she qualified in SA (both our parents emigrated here when we were young). When I was here for selection (3 very hectic days), she used the time to visit about 7 schools, and as soon as we heard that I'd got my job, she started to apply.

Thanks SyB, that's the thought we had, just needed to get it confirmed. Much appreciated.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=shakh your bootie;5937049]Yes, mate. Any expat getting a job here needs to get this done.

In that case perhaps the schools I've been in touch with do this for the employee?...as I've never been asked to do this, only provide copies of my degree and teaching certificate....Has your wife looked at these websites?
http://www.gemseducation.com/server....=nav.001002003 or http://www.esolonline.com/esolonline...ails.aspx?id=9

Old Feb 15th 2008, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=BettyCrocker;5937070]
Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Yes, mate. Any expat getting a job here needs to get this done.

In that case perhaps the schools I've been in touch with do this for the employee?...as I've never been asked to do this, only provide copies of my degree and teaching certificate....Has your wife looked at these websites?
http://www.gemseducation.com/server....=nav.001002003 or http://www.esolonline.com/esolonline...ails.aspx?id=9

Hi Betty. Just called a friend of mine who teaches at Dubai College. He confirmed that he was required to give attested degree certs to the PRO to get his residence visa. Your employer will usually have a PRO that does most of the running around for you at this end, but the attesting by a notable public and submitting the docs to the embassy etc you have to do yourself.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ah right'O - I'm awaiting a contract and possibly another next week to weigh up, I will make sure I ask about this!

Thanks Shakh your bootie and Good luck to Mrs Skyvan!

Old Feb 15th 2008, 2:50 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Skyvan might want to take a look at the Dubai Community Theatre and Arts Group or whatever the hell they call it !
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Mrs Skyvan might want to take a look at the Dubai Community Theatre and Arts Group or whatever the hell they call it !
Thanks Blucat, I'll let her know.

Thanks everyone, you guys are grreat!!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by skyvan
Thanks Blucat, I'll let her know.

Thanks everyone, you guys are grreat!!
Pleasure, skyvan. Come for a nite out and meet the people once you get here.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Thanks SyM, the night out will be great. We'll look forward to meeting everyone!