Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Where in the world can British Passport holders work ?

Where in the world can British Passport holders work ?

Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:56 am
Just Joined

pezza27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Where in the world can British Passport holders work ?

Morning folks, I was recently looking into working in the USA (Hawaii) and I posted a couple of questions on this site because it didn't look possible and unfortunatley it's not for me.

But not to get me down, I started thinking of the alternative options. So I tried to find places where it is easy/ish for British Passport holders to get work visa's. Unfortunatley, there doesn't appear to be one easy place where this is listed, so I thought we could start one ?

Now it would be great to get a good list (if there a few) going and maybe once it looks complete, maybe it can be retyped and put as a sticky (I'm sure others would be interested ?)

As I've started this off, I'll take the easy ones

Canada
Work Holiday Visa - This is for full time students if your 30 or younger.
Normal Work Visa - Skilled based where you have to earn a certain number of points.

Australia
Work Holiday Visa - Open to anyone of certain countries if your 30 or younger (UK included).
Normal Work Visa -Like the Canadian Work Visa, this is both skilled and points based but looks easy to get.

Unfortunatley, this is about as far as I can go, but what about the people with more knowledge in this area or have done this ? Maybe its easy to work in BVI, or the Mauritius ?

PS. I know I could be asking to put together a list which is not possible or will be very short so I'm ready for your stick
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:59 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where in the world can British Passport holders work ?

Anywhere in the EU...