View Poll Results: Is part time studies accepted at ACS for skill assessment?
Yes
75.00%
No
25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

ACS Assessment for Ind PR

Old Jun 21st 2009, 3:26 am
Just Joined

sushil.jn is an unknown quantity at this point
Post ACS Assessment for Ind PR

Hi All,

I request your comments/opinion with regards to apply for Skill assessment at ACS.

I have checked my eligibility for visa and I am happy as per my understanding I am eligible, but I have only one concern about my education.

1. I have completed my BSc in Physics, Mathematics and Computer science - 3 years full time.

2. After completing my BSc, I joined IT organisation (full time) and at present my total exp is 4.3 yrs of which 2 yrs in SAP Netweaver.
During my work, I also completed MCA (master of computer application) 2.5 yrs in CORRESPONDANCE
Now, the query is as per ACS - am I eligible for passing the assessment?

Regards,
Sushil
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:15 am
June'08 applicant

sandy81 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ACS Assessment for Ind PR

Originally Posted by sushil.jn
Hi All,

I request your comments/opinion with regards to apply for Skill assessment at ACS.

I have checked my eligibility for visa and I am happy as per my understanding I am eligible, but I have only one concern about my education.

1. I have completed my BSc in Physics, Mathematics and Computer science - 3 years full time.

2. After completing my BSc, I joined IT organisation (full time) and at present my total exp is 4.3 yrs of which 2 yrs in SAP Netweaver.
During my work, I also completed MCA (master of computer application) 2.5 yrs in CORRESPONDANCE
Now, the query is as per ACS - am I eligible for passing the assessment?

Regards,
Sushil

Most probably you might have to go through the RPL route to score 60 points of MODL. Check out this link

http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?acti...killassessment
Old Jun 21st 2009, 6:50 am
Just Joined

Post Re: ACS Assessment for Ind PR

That means I do not fall under Group A and will need 6 yrs of experience?
Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:13 am
June'08 applicant

Not sure ... I have a doubt about your correspondence MCA study, whether ACS will consider it or not, as it is not a full time study .. wait for other's to comment, don't conclude anything at the moment.

Check page#5
https://www.acs.org.au/assessment/do...bruary2009.pdf
Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:26 am
Just Joined

Post Re: ACS Assessment for Ind PR

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for your reply and will wait for comments from others.

Another point is, I have checked with around 10 agents and among then 7 said me I qualify with MCA part time and 3 said I don’t.

Do not understand what's correct?
Also the best place to get confirmed is at http://www.aei.gov.au/AEI/CEP/Default.htm but i dont have access

Last edited by sushil.jn; Jun 21st 2009 at 7:29 am.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:27 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Why is this a poll? It's not opinion you need here, but rather facts. I would suggest you contact ACS or a registered migration agent if you are unsure as to whether your part time studies will suffice.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:41 am
June'08 applicant

Dorothy is right ... If you can spend bit extra then I would suggest you to hire Australia based MARA agent who is specialized in ACS cases... Just skim through this forum, you will surely get the name of reputed agent who can guide you precisely with your case.

I'm not sure from which country you are, however if you are in India, many so called "reputed" and "large" immigration agencies have some serious problem with their professional service. It was my personal experience and also I have heard many such cases where ill-advised applications got rejected. So better spend few extra bucks be in a safe hand.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

For RPL pathway u need 8 years of experience. Your case seems bit complicated better to contact with George Lombard(http://www.austimmigration.com.au) or Peter Chiam (http://ptlabs.com.au/), who specialized in ACS cases and also reliable MARA migration agents.

Regards

Last edited by Malikkhi; Jun 21st 2009 at 8:52 am.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sandy81
Dorothy is right ... If you can spend bit extra then I would suggest you to hire Australia based MARA agent who is specialized in ACS cases... Just skim through this forum, you will surely get the name of reputed agent who can guide you precisely with your case.

I'm not sure from which country you are, however if you are in India, many so called "reputed" and "large" immigration agencies have some serious problem with their professional service. It was my personal experience and also I have heard many such cases where ill-advised applications got rejected. So better spend few extra bucks be in a safe hand.
I have being looking at the site and found a agent called SOMA how about the agent.

Yes, i am from India and have contacted below agent.

1. MM Visa --> Eligible
2. Abhinav --> Not Eligible
3. Visa master --> Eligible
4. Y-aixs --> Eligible
5. Imple --> Eligible

Also among these any idea who is good and who is fake
Old Jun 21st 2009, 9:11 am
June'08 applicant

I have being looking at the site and found a agent called SOMA how about the agent.

Yes, i am from India and have contacted below agent.

1. MM Visa --> Eligible
2. Abhinav --> Not Eligible
3. Visa master --> Eligible
4. Y-aixs --> Eligible
5. Imple --> Eligible

Also among these any idea who is good and who is fake
Believe me, those who said you are eligible, are only behind your money, once you make payment, your nightmare will start, count on me !!

On another well-moderated forum, I have seen useful posts of Peter from ptlabs. You can get in touch with him and ask for a quote. Certainly, it will be more than above 5 agencies, but your case will be professionally managed.

Abhinav - okay - not good,not bad - mostly they accept straightforward cases so that there is success in almost all cases.

Y-Axis - One of my friend has a nightmare with this agency .. They quote that they have a MARA agent but don't file a case with that MARA agent's name

Rest of them, doesn't look promising ! My personal experience was terrible with India based agent. Wish I had known about this forum before finalizing an agent.

Last edited by sandy81; Jun 21st 2009 at 9:14 am.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

chunduri is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr Sushil,

I was been assessed by ACS with similar qualifications - B.Sc Computers (Regular) and MCA (3 Yrs Correspondense from IGNOU). One of my friend hasn't have master degree but was also certified as ACS Recognises B.Sc. Computers

Regards,
Sudhakar
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all

Sushil,

I would suggest talking to an Agent. It is Nice that there are experienced people on BExpats and willing to offer advice based on their experiences-however, what will best work for you is best decided by you or an agent. Further-incase something advised here boomerangs to you-you are affected by it.

Like Dorothy said-best option to go for an agent. List your questions and most provide a 1st free session. In case you need to pay-worth it.

-scaria197
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 3:33 am
Just Joined

Hi Chunduri,

Thanks for your reply.

I have sent you a private message, can I request you to kindly reply the message.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 3:38 am
Just Joined

Hi All,

request to kindly let me know, contact of good and professional agents at India?

Last edited by sushil.jn; Jun 22nd 2009 at 4:21 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:20 am
Banned

Indyan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sushil,

You do not have to go through an Indian Agent to get through. Just ensure that your agent is a MARA Registered Agent and you will be fine. Why dont you try George Lombard. He is really good and you will be surprised, he will probably charge the same or will be less than any Indian Agent. On a search through this forum, you will find his details

Last edited by Indyan; Jun 22nd 2009 at 6:22 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.