Riots.

Old Aug 8th 2011, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold
Default Riots.

Just passed my local high street on the train, looking out the window at burning cars and hundreds of riot police. My dad was in a local supermarket this afternoon when two police ran inside to shelter from a marauding gang.

24 days left in the UK for me...
Old Aug 8th 2011, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Riots.

Croydon town centre the latest to be set ablaze. Yep, It's going to be a rough night here in the big smoke.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 8:10 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

mindless violence goes on everywhere
Old Aug 8th 2011, 8:22 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by P18PPS
mindless violence goes on everywhere
True, but London is my home and it is incredibly distressing to see, especially with so many family and friends there.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
True, but London is my home and it is incredibly distressing to see, especially with so many family and friends there.
Get the army in. Restore order with an iron fist. If they don't it will spread everywhere. They are pussy footing around. The army could sort it in a few hours I reckon. They have no bloody will those in charge. Take back the streets and whoop the bastards.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:26 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

too late it's already across London, Croydon and Birmingham....

stupid gangs of thugs who jump on the band wagon and excuse of a poor family looking for answers surrounding their son's killing. JDsports will be out of business by the end of the week - at least the authorities will know who's been looting!

latest on BBC news was rumors that the army were being deployed onto the streets of london.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DC10
JMy dad was in a local supermarket this afternoon when two police ran inside to shelter from a marauding gang.
24 days left in the UK for me...
...and what about your Dad?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

He was fine - a little shaken (getting on in years these days!). He had to drive home dodging thugs wearing masks and throwing stones

The news coming out is just incredible. Basically every shopping area in London is being trashed, burnt and looted tonight.

I don't think many forumites realise (yet) just how serious this is. I would say the biggest crisis to hit London in decades.

Now off to bed and will hope nobody puts a brick through the window
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:44 pm
Account Closed

billingham is an unknown quantity at this point

It would be naive to think this will be limited to the UK. Social unrest will follow the austerity. Part of the problem is the youth - they have been spoon fed for years and told they can achieve / have anything - reality falls somewhat short of that ideal. This has been brewing for years.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Get the army in. Restore order with an iron fist. If they don't it will spread everywhere. They are pussy footing around. The army could sort it in a few hours I reckon. They have no bloody will those in charge. Take back the streets and whoop the bastards.
So said President Bashar al-Assad of Syria!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P18PPS
too late it's already across London, Croydon and Birmingham....

stupid gangs of thugs who jump on the band wagon and excuse of a poor family looking for answers surrounding their son's killing. JDsports will be out of business by the end of the week - at least the authorities will know who's been looting!

latest on BBC news was rumors that the army were being deployed onto the streets of london.
Too late? No its not. Get them in now. Personally I would have done it as soon as the contaigon set in. They got no balls those in charge. It would send out a message to the world that we ain't taking no shit and moreover we are in charge not these mindless scum. Personaly if I had it my way anyone who was rioting/looting would be shot on sight. They do it elsewhere why not in the Uk?? I know that if they knocked out a few rioters the idea of rioting would soon seem like a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea. Too pussy, too weak. We need strength and discipline in the UK. Especially when you see these filthy scum like individuals (from ALL races) doing what they are doing. I can't believe they can do this to their own neighbourhoods. All this talk of being hard up, jobless etc is utter bollocks. The people in India who are waaaaaaaaaaaaay worse off don't behave like this. I do hope some genuine rioters feel the very, very rough end of a police baton.

Last edited by Genesis; Aug 8th 2011 at 10:58 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Too late? No its not. Get them in now. Personally I would have done it as soon as the contaigon set in. They got no balls those in charge. It would send out a message to the world that we ain't taking no shit and moreover we are in charge not these mindless scum. Personaly if I had it my way anyone who was rioting/looting would be shot on sight. They do it elsewhere why not in the Uk?? I know that if they knocked out a few rioters the idea of rioting would soon seem like a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea. Too pussy, too weak. We need strength and discipline in the UK. Especially when you see these filthy scum like individuals (from ALL races) doing what they are doing. I can't believe they can do this to their own neighbourhoods. All this talk of being hard up, jobless etc is utter bollocks. The people in India who are waaaaaaaaaaaaay worse off don't behave like this. I do hope some genuine rioters die.
And high time they strapped a gun to every police hip, both here and in NZ. Give up the fantasy and focus on how many lives that would actually save.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Too late? No its not. Get them in now. Personally I would have done it as soon as the contaigon set in. They got no balls those in charge. It would send out a message to the world that we ain't taking no shit and moreover we are in charge not these mindless scum. Personaly if I had it my way anyone who was rioting/looting would be shot on sight. They do it elsewhere why not in the Uk?? I know that if they knocked out a few rioters the idea of rioting would soon seem like a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea. Too pussy, too weak. We need strength and discipline in the UK. Especially when you see these filthy scum like individuals (from ALL races) doing what they are doing. I can't believe they can do this to their own neighbourhoods. All this talk of being hard up, jobless etc is utter bollocks. The people in India who are waaaaaaaaaaaaay worse off don't behave like this. I do hope some genuine rioters die.
Or Muammar Muhammad al-Gaddafi of Libya perhaps?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:54 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DC10
I don't think many forumites realise (yet) just how serious this is. I would say the biggest crisis to hit London in decades.
Actually I disagree. Most of us have family and friends back in the UK . We also have the world news here and so know how 'bad' this social unrest is.

By your Dad , I rather meant was he OK and is he also returning to NZ with you & so away from London.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Robbie2010
So said President Bashar al-Assad of Syria!
If they were doing the same thing they deserve it (mind you this is not people trying to depose an apparent tyrant is it?). So not really the same game anyway eh? Yes I think rioters like these deserve the ultimate punishment. Especially when you see the wanton violence they unleash. I cannot imagine the fear of those who are innocent. And that is what makes me so robust about my thoughts. The poor innocent mwomen, children and men who are in the midst of all this shit. Its utter anarchcy. It must be stopped and if a few rioters die ending it big deal? They are the scum of the earth. Utter bastards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.