Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Buying extra pages for UK passport

Buying extra pages for UK passport

Old Mar 26th 2011, 8:33 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Buying extra pages for UK passport

I live in Dubai.

I have a UK passport which expires in 2014. I have travellled a lot since I got it in 2004 and only have about 3 pages left which are clear of stamps/visas etc.

Rather than purchase a new passport can I buy additional pages?

If so how easy is this and how do I go about it.

Is it easier if I leave it until the summer when I go back to UK for 2 months and get it done there (I live near Liverpool which has a passport office)

Thanks
Old Mar 26th 2011, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Buying extra pages for UK passport

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
I live in Dubai.

I have a UK passport which expires in 2014. I have travellled a lot since I got it in 2004 and only have about 3 pages left which are clear of stamps/visas etc.

Is it easier if I leave it until the summer when I go back to UK for 2 months and get it done there (I live near Liverpool which has a passport office)

Thanks
Hi, can you still get passports renewed in Dubai, or do you have to send them elsewhere? In Cyprus, the Britisg Consulate does not do passports anymore.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't aware you could even buy extra pages!

Here in Saudi, we have to ship all UK Passports off to the Regional Passport Processing Centre in GERMANY for renewal. Just checked for UAE and they have to go to the same place, Germany.

Check here:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-.../how-to-apply/
Old Mar 26th 2011, 9:14 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

You can't add extra pages to a UK passport after it's been issued, you have to get a whole new passport. If you're a frequent traveller you have the option of paying an extra £13 or so for a 48-page one so you don't need to replace it so often.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eeyore
You can't add extra pages to a UK passport after it's been issued, you have to get a whole new passport. If you're a frequent traveller you have the option of paying an extra £13 or so for a 48-page one so you don't need to replace it so often.
Correct - I filled on up a while ago and you simply have to get a new one. Pain in the ass really as when you travel though the Emirates you need to keep the old one on you as it has the Residence Visa in.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 11:13 am
Just Joined

AUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really niceAUHJohn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
I live in Dubai.

Thanks
Wait until back in UK if you are back for that length of time. Just renewed my passport using post office check and send service, returned in under a fortnight, under 100quid for 48 pages. Much cheaper than using the robbing fco via the embassy
Old Mar 28th 2011, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

I managed to peel an Indonesian visa (issued for sortie out of Singapore to Bintan lsland last year) out of my passport. It took up a whole page bit like a UAE resi visa and I was only there for 4 days.

Probably illegal but I don't see why.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AUHJohn
Much cheaper than using the robbing fco via the embassy
Don't get me started on the FCO. Anyone recently had to do the 'attestation / legalisation' run in the UK?

Firstly, they relocate the 'public' office to Milton Keynes without telling me. I mean, who the f.cuk decided to put it there?

Then they charge a daylight b.astard. robbing 28quid for ONE document. Recently had to get 8 documents done. In comparison, the Saudi Embassy and Qatari Embassy charge about 4 quid. It's a right royal wind up.:curse:
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:49 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Seven years is pretty good going. I have two passports on the go and each one lasts 2-3 years...

Anyway, you could get a second passport as well as / instead of replacing the almost-full one, if that floats your boat. You just need a letter from your company saying you need to travel a lot.

The one day service at the passport office is awesome, far far nicer than faffing with the embassy.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by saudiflares
I managed to peel an Indonesian visa (issued for sortie out of Singapore to Bintan lsland last year) out of my passport. It took up a whole page bit like a UAE resi visa and I was only there for 4 days.

Does the visa not have your passport number on it?
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:46 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares

Because the passport doesn't belong to you, I assume.

Probably wise to avoid going back to Indonesia on that passport, too!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 11:51 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typical
Probably wise to avoid going back to Indonesia on that passport, too!
Yeah be careful, I spent a a very unpleasant 4 or 5hrs with Sudan immigration and police for removing a visa or two. Again they were full page, I had 8 or 9 and thought who would miss 1 or 2....

The ordeal took so long as I was slightly younger and naiver so it took me that long to realise that I had to offer to pay a "fine" .... Funny how they couldn't find the receipt book though
Old Apr 1st 2011, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

You will have to apply for a new passport sorry pal however, if the full one has not expired they (passport agency) will give you an additional up to 9 months validity on the new one as kind of compensation for what time is left on your full one.
Having 2 passports because of frequent travel to countries like Saudi where 1 trip takes up almost 2 full pages of your passport and an e-card for Dubai (no out and in stamps) saved me having to replace passports every 2 years while I was living and travelling from there