Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

passport request self addressed envelope ?

passport request self addressed envelope ?

Old Mar 9th 2010, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

craig25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default passport request self addressed envelope ?

I have just had my passport request and 2 photos,i also need to send a self addressed envelope for return of the passport,do i have to put a stamp on the self addressed envelope ?,the thing is i would like my passport sent back to me recorded delivery or do cic pay the postage ?,may be a stupid question but i would just like to be sure
Old Mar 9th 2010, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passport request self addressed envelope ?

Hi
We did that. Sent ours Special delivery with a special delivery pre-paid inside the envelope. Go to the post office and get them to do the envelopes for you. They will weigh contents and then do a self addressed return one for the same value to pop in the envelope with your passports. No problem. Cost under £10 for the two envelopes, but a small price to pay for peace of mind, and guarantees next day delivery. The only thing we could do was track the one going to CHC, but as we did not know when they sent the second one back, could not track that one.
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by leeps
I have just had my passport request and 2 photos,i also need to send a self addressed envelope for return of the passport,do i have to put a stamp on the self addressed envelope ?,the thing is i would like my passport sent back to me recorded delivery or do cic pay the postage ?,may be a stupid question but i would just like to be sure

Last edited by lins and Stef McLachlan; Mar 9th 2010 at 9:14 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 1:42 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

we did expresspost which were large cardboard type envelopes which were both prepaid and trackable. the expresspost were guaranteed 2 day delivery within Canada (we had to send ours to Fort Erie who then couriered them to Buffalo.
we put one of the envelopes with our address in the first making sure that we removed the tracking label so that we could track it when it was returned and with Canada post you could register your email address against the tracking number so that you knew when it was returned to you. This cost us just over $50 for both envelopes.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future

i read in aprevious post a while back that cic pay for the postage so you just need to send an addressed envelope and not a stamped one. i hope this is right as i sent mine yesterday with no stamp on it!
Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
They will, but it will be normal 1st class post, if you want to risk it
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by goodpikey
i read in aprevious post a while back that cic pay for the postage so you just need to send an addressed envelope and not a stamped one. i hope this is right as i sent mine yesterday with no stamp on it!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

craig25 is an unknown quantity at this point

i thought if cic would pay for the return they would send it safe and not with a stamp,surely it would be there responsibility if they returned it with just a stamp and it got lost
Old Mar 11th 2010, 11:17 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to include any stamp or return courier. CIC should return via recorded delivery. In my case they did anyway and i've read others on here had the same service.