Warren Green

Old Mar 21st 2006, 4:46 pm
Offlers

Default Warren Green

I met Warren at Sandown on Sunday, who basically said he could get me a guaranteed job offer for £3000, which I was totally uncomfortable with. I am new at all this but this sounds like PNP to me. Please let me know your thoughts and your experiences if you’ve had dealings with him.

Old Mar 21st 2006, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

stubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Warren Green

check out these threads :

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=Warren+Green

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=Warren+Green
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:06 pm
AKA Badger

rod burner is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Offlers
I met Warren at Sandown on Sunday, who basically said he could get me a guaranteed job offer for £3000, which I was totally uncomfortable with. I am new at all this but this sounds like PNP to me. Please let me know your thoughts and your experiences if you’ve had dealings with him.
Hi there
There is only one thing on his mind and that is money. if you want I can pm you what I think about this man
Old Mar 21st 2006, 6:44 pm
Lost again

john fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to behold

I used him and yes it cost me £3000 but this is to set up interviews with companies willing to go through the HRDC hoops. You have to get the job yourself at the interview. Maybe I was conned but I applied in Nov 2004 and now have my passport requests. Ask questions and make your own choice.

He also did the running around so I could take my trade exams.

Last edited by john fisher; Mar 21st 2006 at 7:00 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

That's an awful lot of money for a job OFFER. You may then be unlucky and not get the job.

It's ok if you can afford it I suppose.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 7:57 pm
Lost again

john fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Woodstock62
That's an awful lot of money for a job OFFER. You may then be unlucky and not get the job.

It's ok if you can afford it I suppose.
To much money your right but waiting 30 month. He only gets £1500 up front and £1500 on completion.
Old Mar 21st 2006, 10:34 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

We also met him in 2004! My hubby thought he was slimey and we didn't use him, I have heard at a later date that he just sets up low paid jobs/interviews and you still have to do the work yourself. If I were you I'd spend the 3 grand on a vacation and RV to do a fact finding/job hunting trip to find a company out here that will do the necessary and in most skilled trades that shouldn't be too hard. My hubby got a job by us talking to a realtor who new somebody who new somebody at the Ford dealership and presto - we got here last year! (and stayed 5 weeks with the (ex)realtor while we found a house!)
Old Mar 21st 2006, 11:54 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I rather agree the $3000 would be better spent on a lovely trip over here! If you can, find possible potential employers on the web or however you may, and contact them, telling them you will be here between x and y, and might it be possible to arrange an informal meeting while you are here?

We did this, and though admittedly it did not expedite our process as the most we could get was a "let us know when you land" type comment, we did keep contact with a guy we'd met, and it did lead drectly to a job on landing!

Depending on your line of work though, it could lead directly to a job offer for which you might get a work permit and move over here earlier.

Incidentally, unemployment in Calgary is currently so low, that I heard it descibed as virtually negative unemployment last week! It's really not hard to get a job here ..... maybe not exactly what you wanted to start with, but still.....

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Mar 21st 2006 at 11:57 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

toyer1 is on a distinguished road

Hello, our experience of Warren Green. We moved to Okotoks in January of 2006, and decided to use Warren and his relocation services. At first I was sceptical due to the fact that we only had dealing via the internet, despite this he fulfilled all of his promises. He collected us from the airport, after waiting for at least an hour for us,we were at least an hour as we were held up in immigration, he then drove us to the accomadation that he had previously arranged for us to rent shortterm.

He had a schedule set out for us in the following days, to sort out cell phones, bank accounts, SIN numbers etc and we received at least one phonecall a day checking our situation. Warren has not ask us for a penny throughout our time in Canada and we felt that the service that he provided was invaluable.

He still phones me occassionally to check that we are happy. We also used Warren as our realtor and again felt that the service was excellent, and through the purchase of the house he made his money.

We already had a job offer here and he gave excellent advice about work permit time schedules, websites for exams and everything that we needed to know about keeping us in the country. He even babysat and fed our kids while we had an appointment with the bank manager.

Last edited by toyer1; Mar 22nd 2006 at 3:26 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 5:23 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toyer1
Hello, our experience of Warren Green. We moved to Okotoks in January of 2006, and decided to use Warren and his relocation services. At first I was sceptical due to the fact that we only had dealing via the internet, despite this he fulfilled all of his promises. He collected us from the airport, after waiting for at least an hour for us,we were at least an hour as we were held up in immigration, he then drove us to the accomadation that he had previously arranged for us to rent shortterm.

He had a schedule set out for us in the following days, to sort out cell phones, bank accounts, SIN numbers etc and we received at least one phonecall a day checking our situation. Warren has not ask us for a penny throughout our time in Canada and we felt that the service that he provided was invaluable.

He still phones me occassionally to check that we are happy. We also used Warren as our realtor and again felt that the service was excellent, and through the purchase of the house he made his money.

We already had a job offer here and he gave excellent advice about work permit time schedules, websites for exams and everything that we needed to know about keeping us in the country. He even babysat and fed our kids while we had an appointment with the bank manager.

This is the same free service as other relocation/realtors offer, as has been previously discussed. It is a very useful service and eases you through the formalities in the most painless way imaginable.

However, it is a different story re asking $3000 to find you a job.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 6:11 am
Just Joined

Paul Freeman is an unknown quantity at this point

We met Warren at Sandown last October. We paid the £3,000 and he secured a formal job offer for me within a week of submitting my resume. The salary and benefits for this job are acceptable, although of course I aim to look for more once I'm in and have some Canadian experience. He arranged all the approvals of the job offer etc. He also recommended us to Hand in Hand who have dealt with our immigration application. The total cost of the service from Warren and Hand in Hand has been £5,000. A lot of money, however .... Job offer November 05, Approval of Job Offer Dec 05, Submit Application Jan 06, AOR Feb 06, Medical Request March 06, Medicals due April 06 .... from reading this forum it seems we are on a speedy track to emigration early summer - although I appreciate this could probably have been done ourselves without spending the money on Warren & Co, I'm not sure we would have had the knowledge or confidence or time to put in the work that he has. Also we are on a fact finding trip next month where Warren is arranging our accommodation, transport, picking us up at the airport, showing us around etc. I realise you do get this service from other agents as well, but Warren doesn't appear to be lacking in this area. We can only go by our own experience, but personally if you have the money, then I would recommend this as a useful and efficient route. Incidentally I also thought Warren was a dodgy character when we first met and wasn't sure whether to use him - we were very aware of the risk of submitting £3,000 to a complete stranger's bank account!! But have to say, so far he's proving us wrong and coming up with the goods. Long may it last and at the end of the day, even if the job offer doesn't work out, we will at least be permanent residents, so will have achieved our aim and then be able to look for other work.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 1:58 pm
little snowy owl

That is indeed a very short timeline. Well done!

I hope you don't mind my asking, but when you say submitted your application in January..... was that for permanent residency as skilled worker, and it was speeded up because you had an approved job offer? Was it PNP? or was it an application for a work permit?

If it was the first, I thought having a job offer gave you extra points etc, but was not aware that it expedited your process so vastly! That's certainly the way to try to go, if possible! I wonder if it impacts on people waiting in line?

I know when we applied back in 2003, and we met possible employers in 2004, they were all very interested, but we got no further than "let us know when you are nearer to coming over permanently"! ........ There were in fact plenty of opportunities when we did arrive in 2005, but nobody would lift a finger to help us get here any quicker!
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Morwenna
That is indeed a very short timeline. Well done!

I hope you don't mind my asking, but when you say submitted your application in January..... was that for permanent residency as skilled worker, and it was speeded up because you had an approved job offer? Was it PNP? or was it an application for a work permit?

If it was the first, I thought having a job offer gave you extra points etc, but was not aware that it expedited your process so vastly! That's certainly the way to try to go, if possible! I wonder if it impacts on people waiting in line?

I know when we applied back in 2003, and we met possible employers in 2004, they were all very interested, but we got no further than "let us know when you are nearer to coming over permanently"! ........ There were in fact plenty of opportunities when we did arrive in 2005, but nobody would lift a finger to help us get here any quicker!
Hi Morwenna
Application submitted in Jan 06 was for permanent residency under the Skilled Worker category with an approved job offer, which I think affords you an extra 10 or 15 points. An approved job offer also expedites your application, although everyone is surprised at just how much in our case! When we received our AOR in Feb the standard letter stated up to 6 months processing time for applications with approved job offers - we received medical requests just 3 weeks later! I'm not sure how this affects those already waiting in line, but am sure logic would say that if processing time is based on volume of applications, all those expedited applications for job offers, spouses etc etc will be pushing back the timelines for everyone else - apologies to those waiting in line obviously!
This was really my point re Warren Green - I acknowledge everyone's comments and even agree with some, but at the end of the day, if he gets you a job offer that expedites your application and you get permanent residency based on that, then in my book, that's worth the £3,000 versus a 3 year wait. Even if the job didn't materialise or turns out to be rubbish, we have the result we wanted and we can always (I hope!) find another job once we are permanent residents - it was one of our deciding factors, as a work permit would mean we would be tied the job. Having said that, I will reitterate, just for the record, that Warren has so far been worth his money for us and has come up with the goods - I now believe our first impressions of him were incorrect and hope that he will be helping us with settlement in the near future.
I hope this helps someone else.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 2:43 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul Freeman
Hi Morwenna
Application submitted in Jan 06 was for permanent residency under the Skilled Worker category with an approved job offer, which I think affords you an extra 10 or 15 points. An approved job offer also expedites your application, although everyone is surprised at just how much in our case! When we received our AOR in Feb the standard letter stated up to 6 months processing time for applications with approved job offers - we received medical requests just 3 weeks later! I'm not sure how this affects those already waiting in line, but am sure logic would say that if processing time is based on volume of applications, all those expedited applications for job offers, spouses etc etc will be pushing back the timelines for everyone else - apologies to those waiting in line obviously!
This was really my point re Warren Green - I acknowledge everyone's comments and even agree with some, but at the end of the day, if he gets you a job offer that expedites your application and you get permanent residency based on that, then in my book, that's worth the £3,000 versus a 3 year wait. Even if the job didn't materialise or turns out to be rubbish, we have the result we wanted and we can always (I hope!) find another job once we are permanent residents - it was one of our deciding factors, as a work permit would mean we would be tied the job. Having said that, I will reitterate, just for the record, that Warren has so far been worth his money for us and has come up with the goods - I now believe our first impressions of him were incorrect and hope that he will be helping us with settlement in the near future.
I hope this helps someone else.
Hi,

I would just like to say that you seem very lucky! We are AOR July 2004 under skilled worker with an approved job offer by Sept/Oct 2004, however there seemed to be delays with HRSDC Alberta and a few crossed wires and confusion here in Canada and we only got a work permit (on completion of equivelency exams) in March 05 and we are still waiting in line for permanent residency, we have had a letter from CIC London saying they'll get to us in June. We are using immigration people and they have contacted the CIC with all the relevent details as we have them - Oh well at least we are here on renewable 3 year work permits - just hope when it comes to it we are all healthy enough to pass the medicals!!!

Very best wishes with your move and good luck.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Hi,

I would just like to say that you seem very lucky! We are AOR July 2004 under skilled worker with an approved job offer by Sept/Oct 2004, however there seemed to be delays with HRSDC Alberta and a few crossed wires and confusion here in Canada and we only got a work permit (on completion of equivelency exams) in March 05 and we are still waiting in line for permanent residency, we have had a letter from CIC London saying they'll get to us in June. We are using immigration people and they have contacted the CIC with all the relevent details as we have them - Oh well at least we are here on renewable 3 year work permits - just hope when it comes to it we are all healthy enough to pass the medicals!!!

Very best wishes with your move and good luck.
Thank you for your good wishes and I'm sorry that you don't appear to be having much luck - fingers crossed for June though. The more I read on this forum, the more I realise we are probably the exception, rather than the rule, and believe me, we are counting ourselves very lucky - also not counting our chickens though - we still have to get through the medicals and get a visa - a little ways to go yet but looking forward to joining you all in Alberta soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.